COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epidemiologists fear that if SARS-COV2 infects immune compromised or HIV patients, risk of multiple mutations increases daily. Some think the Alpha variant occurred this way. There is good reason to prioritize vaccinations to hi-incidence areas rather than Covid-free or low incidence areas because of the possibility of a more virulent and complex variant emerging in immunocompromised patients.

For anyone interested in getting into the weeds on this here is the paper describing the findings of the study on the woman with HIV on antiretroviral therapy who had the coronavirus for 216 days. The research is awaiting peer review.

Last edited:
0.5 mill vaccines seem to be in route from Denmark to Ukraine :) of course only ones that are not good enough for Danes.

I listened to EC today, accompanying Roger waters on his solo album pros and cons of hitchhiking

I do like EC saying " we have become weak" i agree on this very much, i do also feel humanity is in a decline on the general cultural and intelligence area.

BTW Danes now they can go to places, all on the phone getting their #2 shot posponed as they rather be on a beach in Greece than at home getting a jab in the arm

Yesterday, our Governor - Phil Scott, lifted ALL Covid restrictions and masking requirements everywhere in the state after we hit 84% of our population 12 years or older having received at least one dose of vaccine! That's the highest in the nation and exceeds the federal goal of 70% by July 4th. 73% of citizens over 18 are fully vaccinated! Everyone is super-excited to be heading into the summer with a renewed sense of normalcy. The only place you will need to wear a mask is on public transportation since that one is a federal requirement. We currently have only two people in the hospital and have had no deaths in more than a week. Previously, until last week we had zero deaths for three weeks. All in all we had the lowest death rate in the USA per capita since the pandemic began with the possible exceptions of Hawaii. Massachusetts, Vermont and Hawaii have the highest vaccination rates in the U.S at the moment.

Vermont.jpg

vaccinations.jpg

Denmark is mask free from Monday, okay you still have to wear that in public transport during rush hour, but i dont travel in such low places
I like that a lot, now the girls can see what a hunk i am again.

Last edited:
The link says you have only 56.7% partially vaccinated and 31.1% fully vaccinated, so I'm supersized that masks would no longer be required at that level. Here in the U.S. the goal of 70% with at least one jab is based on the idea that there would be a substantial level of herd immunity once you get to 70%.

denmark.jpg

Last edited:
It is fascinating to see that the so called RED states are the ones with the lowest vaccination rates and the most anti-vaxxers. These are also the places where the pandemic is still raging.

states_rates.jpg

It is fascinating to see that the so called RED states are the ones with the lowest vaccination rates and the most anti-vaxxers. These are also the places where the pandemic is still raging.
Not knowing what colour the states are, we need a graph of vaccinations vs cases for all the states.

Not knowing what colour the states are, we need a graph of vaccinations vs cases for all the states.

Virtually every state on the above list is a "RED" state. Bottom of the list. That's what jumps out.

Last edited:
It's the same over here. The areas with the highest rates are those with the lowest vaccination take up. Also the highest infection areas where people continue to gather shoulder to shoulder in 'faith buildings'.

What I don't understand is those who want to fully open up like pre pandemic.
We have this latest India variant, more infectious and spreading fast. They argue that because hospital cases and deaths are still low there is little risk. What about the risk of another more serious variant developing that can evade the current vaccines.

We have this latest India variant, more infectious and spreading fast.
Appears to be very close to the peak now, certainly not going up exponentially like the press like to tell us! In India and Nepal it is dying out rapidly. It may be more infectious, but there were only a limited amount of non-immune people left for it to spread around.

Appears to be very close to the peak now, certainly not going up exponentially like the press like to tell us! In India and Nepal it is dying out rapidly. It may be more infectious, but there were only a limited amount of non-immune people left for it to spread around.

June 15, 2021, at 12:10 p.m.

How UK PM Johnson Decided to Delay COVID Reopening

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Monday delayed by a month his plans to lift the last COVID-19 restrictions in England after modelling showed that thousands more people might die due unless reopening was pushed back. The move was due to the rapid spread of the Delta coronavirus variant, which is more transmissible, associated with lower vaccine effectiveness against mild disease and could cause more hospitalisations in the unvaccinated.

Appears to be very close to the peak now, certainly not going up exponentially like the press like to tell us!

I've never quite understood why you repeatedly try to put a happy face propaganda spin on the COVID-19 situation in the UK ever since the beginning of the pandemic. You sound like a politician.

Clearly, the UK case rate is again spiking, despite what you would have us believe or accuse the press of.

+7,673 new UK cases yesterday.

ukcases.jpg

5 new cases here of the Indian / delta variant, closed down a whole school for 2 weeks, press gangs now going door to door making sure people know to isolate and get tested,,,,,, or else ! :)

5 new cases here of the Indian / delta variant, closed down a whole school for 2 weeks, press gangs now going door to door making sure people know to isolate and get tested,,,,,, or else ! :)
How are the school children going to get immunity if they keep closing the schools every time it has another go?

Clearly you haven't been able to keep Delta out, even Australia with it's enforced hotel quarantine has let it through!
So you either let the school children catch it, or you vaccinate them all...

Here we've been vaccinating kids as young as 12 years old without issue. Research has been progressing on the safety issues of vaccinating even younger kids.

Sixteen babies have received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine so far in Phase 1 clinical trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back