COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think there is a plan here for kids to get immunity that way, i think like the rest of us that is to come from a jab in the arm.
Though it is recognized that this decease do not effect kids so much, hence why they are in the tail end of the queue to get a jab in the arm.

I dont think there is a plan here for kids to get immunity that way, i think like the rest of us that is to come from a jab in the arm.
Though it is recognized that this decease do not effect kids so much, hence why they are in the tail end of the queue to get a jab in the arm.

I think the concern with vaccinating children and the reason for the research is that COVID is likely to become an ongoing endemic disease rather than pandemic. Having vaccinated kids in schools could go a long way to keeping the disease at bay instead of bringing it home to their families.

Good for my oldest niece who will be giving birth in November, i assume she will get shot up before that, though the end date for country wide vaccination keep sliding here.

Appears to be very close to the peak now, certainly not going up exponentially like the press like to tell us!

Yesterday, there were +11,007 new COVID cases in the UK, compared with +7,673 new UK cases on Monday, the last time we discussed this. Not exactly peaking yet and not looking good. This new Delta variant is extremely worrisome.

The "press" actually seems to be on to something!

UKcases.jpg

have been holding off getting vaccinated which turned out to be a good thing, previously could only get the AstraZeneca vaccine but due to a recent rise in people getting side effects and (unfortunately) a couple of deaths they've revised the recommendations and I now qualify for the Pfizer vaccine instead

have been holding off getting vaccinated which turned out to be a good thing, previously could only get the AstraZeneca vaccine but due to a recent rise in people getting side effects and (unfortunately) a couple of deaths they've revised the recommendations and I now qualify for the Pfizer vaccine instead
There is a new 4th vaccine coming out. I had the pfizer version. It felt like I was hit in the arm hard but that was it. I got the shot in the arm I do not use much to keep my ability to use my important arm when I needed to. I thought the pfizer was the least damaging option. The new vaccine may be even better but only time will tell that story.

The UK rate is still rising but unlike before it's not being reflected in hospital admissions and deaths.

The hospital admissions are mostly the unvaccinated which hopefully means it's working.

In other reports the majority of these admissions are the under 25's who are the group most likely not to social distance.

The UK rate is still rising but unlike before it's not being reflected in hospital admissions and deaths.

The hospital admissions are mostly the unvaccinated which hopefully means it's working.

In other reports the majority of these admissions are the under 25's who are the group most likely not to social distance.
It is falling in the areas that the Delta variant reached first, but spreading to new areas across the country fast, so this is going to be a short wave with little effect in well vaccinated areas. It does seem to be reaching areas with 80% vaccination though, so not good for lesser vaccinated countries, which is nearly all countries.

Time to get the vaccination, remember that it takes around 4 months to have full effect, whichever you have. The Delta variant is quite likely to get through your quarantine system and start spreading at some point, it already did get through once, so you are gambling on your track and trace being able to contain it, and that is a dangerous gamble, the Delta spreads fast!

USA vaccination rate has slowed, long before there is enough to stop a Delta wave. Maybe Darwin will have some success against the conspiracy theorists :unsure:

Time to get the vaccination, remember that it takes around 4 months to have full effect, whichever you have.
I'm booked in for it already, was in no particular rush which is fortunate, my booking is almost two months wait still, my main incentive though is I don't believe I'd be able to travel to where I need to go unless I have it, no idea when that will become an option but at least if I have it done prior that's one less thing to get in the way of being able to travel again

was in no particular rush which is fortunate,
The Pfizer seems to have worse side effects, unless you are one of the one in a million who dies of AZ/J&J blood clots. Not sure we know how many Pfizer people are dying, the heart issues it causes may just be recorded as heart attacks rather than being caused by the vaccine. Anyway, no running marathons in the week after Pfizer jabs!

The Pfizer seems to have worse side effects, unless you are one of the one in a million who dies of AZ/J&J blood clots. Not sure we know how many Pfizer people are dying, the heart issues it causes may just be recorded as heart attacks rather than being caused by the vaccine. Anyway, no running marathons in the week after Pfizer jabs!
I'm sure for 99% of people it's no issue but the AZ seems to be an issue for some people that have/had autoimmune diseases, I fall into that category so wasn't something I wanted to contemplate, the Pfizer seems to be a better fit for me personally

Yeah i saw that about AZ in Australia, also saw Israel have about a million PB vaccines in surplus and the Palestinians sure as hell dont want them.
Also saw the cure vac vaccine, seem to be the least effective at the moment.

They said on the news this morning that the AZ, after 2 jabs and wait 3 weeks, is 92% effective against the Delta and PB is 96% effective .

There is no indication that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine causes heart attacks. There have been a modest number of instances of myocarditis (heart inflammation) among men under the age of 30, and in particular between the ages of 16 to 19. Health officials noted that 95% of the cases were mild and patients generally recover within 5 days. The situation is still being evaluated. Apparently, similar incidents of myocarditis and other adverse reactions occur with the common influenza vaccine at equivalent rates.

Last edited:
Health officials noted that 95% of the cases were mild
And the other 5%...

it most often affects otherwise healthy, young, athletic types with the high-risk population being those of ages from puberty through their early 30’s, affecting males twice as often as females. Myocarditis is the 3rd leading cause of Sudden Death in children and young adults.

And the other 5%...

The incidence is still within the normal parameters of vaccination adverse events. All pharmaceuticals have risk, especially vaccines. In this instance, you have the proposition of protecting millions, if not billions of people from a deadly, debilitating disease during a once in a century global emergency weighed against the possibility of a small percentage of people experiencing adverse effects.

The fascinating thing about your particular approach is that since the very beginning you have habitually sought to vilify any issues that arise with American sponsored vaccines but minimize or ignore any of the serious multiple issues that have arisen with the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine.

It is interesting that you were so dismissive about the serious blood clot issues with the AstraZeneca vaccine but focus on a rare possible myocarditis with the Pfizer vaccine, even to the point of falsely claiming that patients were experiencing heart attacks.

BTW, since there have only been a couple of hundred reported cases of myocarditis in total and 95% percent were mild with patients recovering quickly then we are talking about perhaps 10 - 13 more serious cases out of millions of vaccinations and we don't even know the outcomes of the 5%. At this point the reports of younger people experiencing heart inflammation is considered preliminary and rare and often only require treatment with anti-inflammatory drugs.

It is widely understood that the safety profiles of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are superb.

Pfizer's Shot and Teen Heart Risks Need Study. Don't Panic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back