CPL Status

I was able to trigger the G-sensor but I have not done a proper test yet. It is NOT too sensitive (which I like). Some cams can activate on every speed bump or pot-hole at low speeds.

One more thought I the CPL filter I received: For those of us without a GPS mount, the lens itself cannot be rotated through its range of motion without hitting the windshield. I've had to angle mine down from its normal position so the filter doesn't hit the windshield. It's not like I have a steep windshield either; my car is a Scion FR-S (aka Subaru BRZ, aka Toyota 86).

Last edited:
To be honest I really do not mind If I get false saved files as I am formatting often. But I think it is very important that the G-sensor kicks in. One poster a while back explained why it was so important in case of a serious accident The people are taken to hospital and the car for what ever reason the power is still keeping the cam recording In a few hours the regular files will be over written and no proof captured.
I think the camera would
I was able to trigger the G-sensor but I have not done a proper test yet. It is NOT too sensitive (which I like). Some cams can activate on every speed bump or pot-hole at low speeds.
I agree. I just tested the g-sensor with the latest firmware and was able to trigger it pretty easily at the medium setting. I simply banged it off my hand and it triggered. Under the last version, I had to bang it pretty hard. Now this doesn't exactly simulate road conditions or an accident, but I can see there is a definite improvement to the sensitivity.

I would like to save a file when hittng the camera with my finger because is more easy compared to touching the emergency button. G-Sensor have 3 settings, who dont like too sensitive just use another setting. Right now the G-Sensor from V 2.0 firmware needs to be more sensitive for this setting.
Im at the middle of reviewing the pre-production CPL filter.
At this moment is not useful to review a filter which will be not released to the public because viofo declared that they already changed the CPL filter.

enjoy,
Mtz

At this moment is not useful to review a filter which will be not released to the public because viofo declared that they already changed the CPL filter.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yep, i saw that post and i understand your approach.
Any way, @viofo dident contact with me about cancellation of the review.
I do mentione on the review that the production CPL will be with different and much expensive glass than what they sent me.
There are alot of new dvr users that dont know what is CPL filter, i do cover this area at my review.

Any way, the production CPL can behave the same as this one, i just want to be 100% sure that im doing everything right.

Any way, the production CPL can behave the same as this one, i just want to be 100% sure that im doing everything right.

the CPL filter will increase contrast so some contrast adjustment will be needed to reduce that effect, that tuning will happen with the updated filter lens though as the properties are different to the filter lens you have now

Can anyone tell us when it will be officially sold for 119 cpl filter?
Even if I have one home made, I want to buy a filter factory,and make a difference.

Last edited:
I do mentione on the review that the production CPL will be with different and much expensive glass than what they sent me.

Year it is OK in this way , because I remember when few pre production samples were tested by some users and uploading videos on YouTube I asked them to write in videos title that is a pre production sample . I remember first version of A119 had a blue tint on image so is not OK to judge a camera based on an alpha factory firmware .

Also if lens is touching in any way the windshield when non GPS mount is used, I expect Viofo to release a thicker mount .

enjoy ,
Mtz

...yes, a thicker mount, and only a few $ more than the CPL alone I would hope?

Back