CPL Status

First of all, I want to say BIG thank you to VIOFO for providing this Pre-Production CPL sample.

The video is in Hebrew, sorry for that. my english preformance are not good enoth. any way you dont miss much.

as i understend, the production CPL unit will be with much expencive and may be better CPL glass.
so keep that in mind.

----------------------------------------------------------
about my sample,
It does remove alot of reflection, not everything but it do great job.
It doesnt perform as expected at twilight but its acceptable.

As you may notice, the first video examples suffer from too much white at the sky and at the buildings.
After that ive rotated the CPL again and got better result with the colors but, the CPL's reflection performance has decreased.

About the night driving,
As expected, lower night performance, i do see alot of noise, but i think its acceptable.

Right now i feel, that i still diden't found the sweet spot of the filter, i think that it can perform better. just need to make more tests.

overall, its much better with the CPL than without.
i do recommend to buy this as soon as VIOFO will release the production unit.

Desperately needing one of these! I had one on my Mini 0826 dash cam and it help to cut back the drastic reflection of my textured silver dash in my Dodge Caliber. With this cam, the reflection makes a very noticeable grainy effect in the video. Aside from buying a matte black custom dash cover....no idea what i can do.

If the are "still testing" the CPL filter....I would be a perfect candidate to see if it actually works....seriously the reflection is sooo bad!

I also would like to become one of the testers because I have some compartment on the top of my dashboard and it reflects too much in the front window :) I couldn't wait till it would be sold officialy.

According to the email from Viofo support...."it will be available the end of this month"

it will be available end of this month
Coming from jokiin is the same as from God's mouth lol You can bet the farm now.

Coming from jokiin is the same as from God's mouth lol You can bet the farm now.

appreciate the vote of confidence but it's just that the filter is actually ours and we are letting Viofo use the same filter so I know where it's at right now, barring an earthquake or some other natural disaster it will be available within this month

Good to see that you are sharing good products!

I know where it's at right now,

Busy with the last check up.
impression-clipart-inspection-stamp-impression-grunge-aged-look-red-color-being-inspected-little-d-men-over-white-background-men-hold-magnifying-29810949.jpg

I'm from Australia. Our cousins in NZ just had an earthquake!

I hope there is a USA seller for this CPL. Last I made the mistake of buying a international item off of ebay...it took over a month to arrive.

I hope there is a USA seller for this CPL. Last I made the mistake of buying a international item off of ebay...it took over a month to arrive.

Yes there are couple of retailer in USA.
Capture Your Action, Spytec, Street GuardianUSA. There are on Amazon.

VIOFO just emailed me 11/24/2016 to say:

The CPL will be available at the end of this month,we recommend you buy from FoxOffer store:

It is listed at Foxoffer for $14.95 and you can enter your email to be notified when it becomes available. The URL is getting "corrected" by the forum when I post, so try entering the address below if you have problems, just swap out the * for / characters

www.foxoffer.com*car-camera-accessories*863-cpl-for-viofo-a118c2-a119-a119s-dash-camera.html

NOTE: The CPL filter is listed on the VIOFO website at http://www.viofo.com/accessories/36-cpl-for-viofo-a118c2-a119-a119s-dash-camera.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
Back