CPL Status

use the most expensive glass
Looking forward to see of the best of the best or maybe say "not see." any reflection.

I like doing DIY projects incl. many CPL for different dashcams, but to be honest time and resources spent per each final project in the meaning of price vs job spent per hours + parts cost + looking for parts + waiting 1-2 month their delivery is way much higher than buying ready made “expencive“ product. However I must admit I enjoy DIY, especially if / when final result satisfies me, unfortunatelly it does not happends always and quite often I think later on that it would be more worth buying ready made product.

Expensive or cheap, the fact is that is not found buyers. I wanted to buy and I had no where.In conclusion, handmade ...the best,when the only option for solving a problem,if you're able to fix it.In other circumstances, yes, buying is the optimal solution.

Last edited:
I like doing DIY projects incl. many CPL for different dashcams, but to be honest time and resources spent per each final project in the meaning of price vs job spent per hours + parts cost + looking for parts + waiting 1-2 month their delivery is way much higher than buying ready made “expencive“ product. However I must admit I enjoy DIY, especially if / when final result satisfies me, unfortunatelly it does not happends always and quite often I think later on that it would be more worth buying ready made product.

Totally agree! Sometimes the irreversible results don't match expectations and at times it isn't worth the time + effort + money involved.

Expensive or cheap, the fact is that is not found buyers. I wanted to buy and I had no where.In conclusion, handmade ...the best,when the only option for solving a problem,if you're able to fix it.In other circumstances, yes, buying is the optimal solution.
If product is not available, the I agree with you that DIY is one of the solutions. If product will be out there at some stage then for me personally and maybe for many others as well it is cheaper (read value) to buy ready made than doing DIY. But of course word “value“ depends on personal circumstances, so from this POV I do understand some people desire for DIY.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Time, I spent a weekend ... so where's expense and lost time ?

This is exactly what I meant. Its all personal circumstances depending how each one values his weekend and other free time spent on “extra work”.
Just brief explanation how some may evaluate his “weekend“:
Lets assume within weekend someone will spend total 4-8h. hours on some small DIY project, this is the time he could spend different way for example working overtime and getting paid 1.5-2 time more than within normal week and earning money which will allow to buy 3-5 ready made product. This is just subjective example, just wanted to bring the point about “expence or lost time“ vs value for money vs time,- its all personal thing. And even by spending weekend on DIY not always guarantees good final result. For me personally quite often I brake something during DIY built project ;)

If I spend 4 hours at a weekend playing with camera bits, I need my wife to be looking after the kids. That time doesn't come 'free' :eek:

I need my wife to be looking after the kids. That time doesn't come 'free' :eek:

True, and it can be expensive time to buy.

50a3b7c4c7edc31fe8301b625e14064d.jpg

It can be very satisfying to DIY.

Here's a grip I made from scratch for my SLR...

PC022915a.JPG PC022951a.JPG PC022934a.JPG PC022947a.JPG

It took hours, and then I sold the camera!

@viofo I just wanted to let you know that after the most recent firmware update the G-sensor which I have set to sensitive is not working the way it is supposed to work. I have tapped it really hard many times to get it to activate. Maybe :eek::eek: about 10 hard taps with a pen it activated. I have a Street Guardian SG9665GC which activates the G-sensor on the first tap meaning the Street Guardian is working perfectly. Your A119 is NOT. This last firmware update this flaw was supposed to be fixed but it was not, it is the same as before. Maybe some other people will test the G-sensor and leave their findings on this forum.

@viofo I just wanted to let you know that after the most recent firmware update the G-sensor which I have set to sensitive is not working the way it is supposed to work. I have tapped it really hard many times to get it to activate. Maybe :eek::eek: about 10 hard taps with a pen it activated. I have a Street Guardian SG9665GC which activates the G-sensor on the first tap meaning the Street Guardian is working perfectly. Your A119 is NOT. This last firmware update this flaw was supposed to be fixed but it was not, it is the same as before. Maybe some other people will test the G-sensor and leave their findings on this forum.

I know they had a bug where the manual file save didn't work if G-Sensor was off which was addressed, not sure if there was anything to do with sensitivity adjustment but it shouldn't be too hard for them to get that sorted, you've tagged them so as long as they get notified of these things I'm sure they'll get them done

I know they had a bug where the manual file save didn't work if G-Sensor was off which was addressed, not sure if there was anything to do with sensitivity adjustment but it shouldn't be too hard for them to get that sorted, you've tagged them so as long as they get notified of these things I'm sure they'll get them done
Thank you for the feedback as usual.

I have not tested the g-sensor with the latest firmware yet, but I'm not sure a pen tap is a good indication if the g-sensor is more sensitive or not. Remember, you don't want a bunch of false triggers. Maybe others who have tried it can chime in. I'll try to test over the weekend as well.

I have not tested the g-sensor with the latest firmware yet, but I'm not sure a pen tap is a good indication if the g-sensor is more sensitive or not. Remember, you don't want a bunch of false triggers. Maybe others who have tried it can chime in. I'll try to test over the weekend as well.
To be honest I really do not mind If I get false saved files as I am formatting often. But I think it is very important that the G-sensor kicks in. One poster a while back explained why it was so important in case of a serious accident The people are taken to hospital and the car for what ever reason the power is still keeping the cam recording In a few hours the regular files will be over written and no proof captured.

Back