CPL Status

3 screens i tred...my 25in desktop monitor, my laptop and familys 42in lcd led tv in living room...all showed the same result. My Asus FlipBook tablet however, result the opposite results.

I will just have to try in the car it self and fiddle with it.....very hard to get my fingers up in there due to how its mounted.

TV's are not usually 45°

no need to get your hands up there, you only need to check the orientation then adjust off the camera

I will just have to try in the car it self and fiddle with it.....very hard to get my fingers up in there due to how its mounted.
Do not mount the dashcam. Keep the camera in your hand and rotate it to check on its display if the CPL is in correct position.

enjoy,
Mtz

Installed on cam today. My adjustment via the diagram angel pic and my computer screen was spot on. I marked with a maker on the edge of the lens and opening in the frame where i adjusted it to. Confirmed on cam with piece of white paper on dash and when i rotated the lens from my adjusted mark, reflection got worse.

As far as performance overall, its marginal. (Black dash mate had a much more noticeable effect to reduce reflections. )

PS> The CPL I ordered from FoxOffer appears to have been lost in transit....Singpore Post claims since 12-9 "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment, We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

Last edited:
PS> The CPL I ordered from FoxOffer appears to have been lost in transit....Singpore Post claims since 12-9 "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment, We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."
i ordered a mini-quadcopter from banggood around nov 25 and its tracking info says basically the same thing - "origin post is preparing shipment". about to file a claim. glad i used paypal. :)

Delivery time of China's normally such a long (at least to Central Europe). Estimated delivery time is 1.5 months and 90% of shipments delivered to me at least 30 days from order.

And over Christmas and New Year is even worse

i ordered a mini-quadcopter from banggood around nov 25 and its tracking info says basically the same thing - "origin post is preparing shipment". about to file a claim. glad i used paypal. :)

I've ordered many times from Banggood and had many differing experiences from excpetional to terrible, including having to file a PayPal dispute over a back-ordered item that was supposed to be in stock that wasn't for months but that they claimed had been shipped and later had to admit they hadn't. One thing I've learned about Banggood is that the right hand doesn't always know what the left hand is doing and that the "customer service" person you are corresponding with who has a provided you with their distinctly westernized sounding name isn't always the same person each time they correspond with you.

Anyway, one time I was just about to file a complaint about an item tracking far too long as "origin post is preparing shipment" when it showed up at my door.

It is odd how packages get tracked out of China. I ordered a laptop keyboard on the 13th that has been sitting at "Processed Through Facility". Today, it showed up in New York with expected delivery on Christmas Eve. :)

I just received mine that I ordered it through Amazon.ca 2 days ago. Came in with Fedex box. I check it using my TV and I need to turn the screen about 15 degree to make it the right position.

I turn it with the screen protective plastic still on. It is pretty easy to turn it.

Somebody asked for A119S vs A119 with CPL filter. Here is a night driving recording:

enjoy,
Mtz

It is odd how packages get tracked out of China. I ordered a laptop keyboard on the 13th that has been sitting at "Processed Through Facility". Today, it showed up in New York with expected delivery on Christmas Eve. :)
I've had that happen with stuff bought from sellers in the US via eBay - says it's at the origin facility or even just "shipping information received" and the day after I file a claim, it shows up at my door.

Nothing on earth is perfect - always a chance for human error.

Somebody asked for A119S vs A119 with CPL filter. Here is a night driving recording:

enjoy,
Mtz

Interesting. The color difference between the A119 and A119S at night. S model is much more "cool" white a white hue and the regular one is "warm" with a yellow hue. From this video, the S model is definitely better at night. But it does look like the CPL makes video darker, but there are many more reflections too. During the day though, both the A119 and the A119S, they look the same quality to me.

Never seen such weird zig zag lines on the road before....

Last edited:
The zig-zag lines are telling drivers to reduce speed.

enjoy,
Mtz

The zig-zag lines are telling drivers to reduce speed.

Hi, I thought that the zig-zag lines tell the drivers to turn the steering wheel from left to right to scare the pedestrians. Just kidding, of course!

would hope if there was ice and snow that people already worked out you can't drive as fast

LOL!.....um....nooo. First few winter storms here, even super minor weather...there be 600 accidents in less than 4 hours.

CPLs came in today for those interested. Correctly oriented I might add.

CPLs came in today for those interested. Correctly oriented I might add.

we spent a few hours getting the assembly staff updated on how to adjust them correctly, won't be an issue for any orders going forward

Factory didn't produce enough newly calibrated CPL's to go around yet so OCD Tronic stock will come in January.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G A119 4
Back