CPL Status

I didnt say the filter dont work. I say this guide dont work (on monitor work in car not). I must did new rotation calibrate in car.

It's possible the glass was backwards then. Take it out and flip it around (so front is now back, and back is now front) If it's the wrong way around, you'll never see the fully black CPL result when holding against TV/Monitor. Some arrived backwards this way.

For Siley was more easy to rotate the filter right in the car. I consider to be even simple if keeping the camera in the hand near the windshield and rotate the lens from there.
From the first time you can attach the filter to the camera and rotate it. Then to put in horizontal position and fine adjust the lens.

enjoy,
Mtz

Glass won't be in backwards or he never would have found a position where it blacked out

More likely the monitor is not the 45 degree type

It doesnt work good. I set filtr by this guide, on monitor work perfect but in car not. Few posts up i wrote about it.
what exactly you don't like?

what exactly you don't like?
Filter work exactly same as in guide (on 45° rotation). But when i put it on camera in car record was totally same like without cpl. After new rotaion in car it work almost perfect.

I have LCD Benq GW2250. TV i cant use because is 2D/3D

But when i put it on camera in car record was totally same like without cpl. After new rotaion in car it work almost perfect.
and how much and where to did you rotate the CPL in a car? I might need it tomorrow. :)

which way did you rotate the filter in a car? for how many degrees? to the left or to the right?

On both side to get best result. There is photo where is red dot now. Original was up on the photo (red circle). But in your car can be on different location.
2016-12-19 09.16.55.jpg

On both side to get best result. There is photo where is red dot now. Original was up on the photo (red circle). But in your car can be on different location.
View attachment 28098

Confirmed red dot location is different per CPL and can't be used for any group reference.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/cpl-status.20524/page-21#post-305159

that's just a coincidence, the red dot only indicates which side is the front and which is back so the glass goes in the right way

I did not know this. I thought it was their universal setting.

me neither. but after my adjustment on a monitor 1 red dot appeared right on top. never saw the other one.
at least for now I know that my filters adjusted about 50% / 50% and if needed brighter I'll rotate the filter counterclock-wise a little bit. :)

...at least for now I know that my filters adjusted about 50% / 50% and if needed brighter I'll rotate the filter counterclock-wise a little bit. :)
Rotating the filter will not make the image brighter, it will only make the reflections brighter!

If there are no reflections then the CPL will always reduce the image brightness by 50%.

Rotating the filter will not make the image brighter, it will only make the reflections brighter!
too bad. then we need the setting "brightness" or "I have a CPL filter", which should compensate the brightness reduction.

Reactions: Mtz
too bad. then we need the setting "brightness" or "I have a CPL filter", which should compensate the brightness reduction.
The auto-exposure will compensate for the brightness reduction, unless it can't because it has reached the limits of the sensor, something that will happen sooner on an A119 than on a A119S.

Reactions: Mtz
My CPL comparison using Viofo A119 dashcams:

Other comparisons of Viofo CPL are here.

enjoy,
Mtz

Got my CPL from the Ebay estore....i adjusted it via the pic that was posted here...it did need to be rotated a bit so that is was black as it could be while at the 45 degree angle.

It is dark out by the time i got it. will have to try it in car tomorrow.

that only applies if your monitor is the 45° type, many aren't

3 screens i tred...my 25in desktop monitor, my laptop and familys 42in lcd led tv in living room...all showed the same result. My Asus FlipBook tablet however, result the opposite results.

I will just have to try in the car it self and fiddle with it.....very hard to get my fingers up in there due to how its mounted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G A119 4
Back