CPL Status

ok this is the problem i think if you look at my pictures the top half of the paper looks good, but the bottom half it doesn't change and there is where the majority of the reflection is, so it doesn't matter how much i rotate the filter the reflection at the bottom will remain the same.

can you mount the camera 4-5" lower, just for a test?

can you mount the camera 4-5" lower, just for a test?
The effectiveness of the filter does depend on the angle of the reflection, moving it down the glass may make a big difference, you do seem to have quite a lot of glass on your Kia.

Instead of an all white paper try testing with this gradient
Maybe can be used a white version to avoid printing so much black?

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• CPL_Test_white.jpg
    CPL_Test_white.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 15
I wasn't expecting to get rid of 100% of the reflection, but a better result than that, i did all the tests pc and tv and on the car in this is the best result,like i said maybe other people get better result but to me is a disappointment.
If you got a filter that removed all the reflection you would find it to dark to use in a lot of situations, it's about finding a balance

So I tried rotation by the monitor and the result was terrible. So I set right in the car. According to the paper and squares it was impossible to set up. But I still managed to almost completely eliminate visible dashboard. Night driving'll test on Monday. There is my result.

Reactions: Mtz
So I tried rotation by the monitor and the result was terrible. So I set right in the car. According to the paper and squares it was impossible to set up. But I still managed to almost completely eliminate visible dashboard. Night driving'll test on Monday. There is my result.
Nice.... you did it:D

Siley, that's it (e = mc2 ;). It takes max 30 sec. Well done.

Remember about your night test on Monday :)

You never eliminate reflections from white sheet of paper (it is normal). It helps you to set the best performance of your CPL only. Dash board never becomes White only Black therefore it realy works (see Siley movie), 4 me it delivers very good effect as expected.

Last edited:
(google translate alert :D)

I know that it is not Monday but the weather has improved so I could run some tests while driving. Before driving I've pushed a camera lens a bit down because it seemed there are too much sky. So I may have to rotate the filter bit. The test is under degraded conditions. Most of the time it snowed and rained slightly.

Here are the results
0:00 City Day 1:10 highways Day 3:00 City at night 5:10 out of city at night

Position of the camera in my car Alfa Romeo 159 is located in the red circle in the photo camera location.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
For the 45 degrees monitor I consider the Nikos guide to be good to follow.
got my 2 CPLs yesterday morning (from SpyTec) and used this guide to adjust the filters, will try in a car tomorrow.
and... I have a (factory) tinted rear window, so I may need to set the filter for my rear camera brighter. very useful guide, thanks!!

It doesnt work good. I set filtr by this guide, on monitor work perfect but in car not. Few posts up i wrote about it.

It doesnt work good. I set filtr by this guide, on monitor work perfect but in car not. Few posts up i wrote about it.

Same filter is used in the new SG9665GC V3 and new customers are all reporting CPL works great. I'm not sure why it doesn't work in your vehicle.

I didnt say the filter dont work. I say this guide dont work (on monitor work in car not). I must did new rotation calibrate in car.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G A119 4
Back