CPL Status

The CPL tooling is ours, we will let Viofo use it for their cameras as our lens housing will be a compatible size, it was held up due to some other tooling changes that were still pending, it's not their fault that it was delayed
I'm not questioning the need to extend, just the manner in which the information was delivered. It would have been helpful to know at the time of the first tooling delay that it could take several months. Since you're the manufacturer, I would assume that you've seen delays like this before and could have let everyone know. As it worked out, the only time there seemed to be an update was when someone asked about the delay - only to be told that it's coming soon. People (including myself) have been waiting patiently for the CPL filter.

The delays were unexpected unfortunately, these things happen, I prefer not to offer specific deliver dates until we know for sure things are ready to go
Again, I get all that. The result is that you have ended up stringing people along.
We're doing some revisions to tooling so that the one filter can work on multiple models, sharing it with Viofo means we can increase the volume and it will help us to lower the cost
I guess that it will be "coming soon".

could you please estimate the price of the cpl lens ?

Just received the CPL filter test sample from Viofo today...

IMG_20161019_WA0008.jpeg
14615760_10154218980731645_4499896276089062892_o.jpg

That's not very effective! Has the glass been fitted the wrong way around?

Not sure but I think the lens can be slotted out from the holder... Let me try and see...

Not sure but I think the lens can be slotted out from the holder... Let me try and see...
NOT very effective. It is like seeing the Emperors new clothes. not worth the effort.

Test it by viewing the LCD display through it, which way around and what angle best block the image from the LCD?

You shuld rotate the glass until you will get the best effect.

I think the best way to start is to watch youtube video that explain how it works.

Do not take the glass out of the case!

You shuld rotate the glass until you will get the best effect.

I think the best way to start is to watch youtube video that explain how it works.

Do not take the glass out of the case!

I'll try to rotate the lens tomorrow and see... Thanks.

If it's designed similar to the GC's current CPL, then it won't rotate as the glass is fixed. Try flipping it.

If it's designed similar to the GC's current CPL, then it won't rotate as the glass is fixed. Try flipping it.

It's not fixed in place... Can rotate...

Don't panic...

See:

And (1:45) here:

...and breathe...

:)

Then as @Not-Exist mentioned. Rotate the glass till you see the reflections disappear.

Edit:

@viofo @jokiin If the piece of glass isn't fixed, won't it move from the set position due to vibrations?

Normal cameras often have a rotating ring carrying the polarising filter. This ring is knurled so as to make rotation easy. And rotation is what these filters are all about, especially with a rotating focus camera lens where the filter has to counter rotate so as to keep its orientation the same, and cut out glare.

With the dash cam lens being non-rotating the CPL can do without the knurled ring, as it's a one time operation. Set and forget. But I don't see a way of rotating the new A119 CPL in Jeremy's photo above (other than 180 degrees) without putting thumb and forefinger either side, and adding fingerprints in the process.

Could Viofo or Jokiin explain how it is rotated once mounted on the A119 lens please?

With the dash cam lens being non-rotating the CPL can do without the knurled ring, as it's a one time operation. Set and forget. But I don't see a way of rotating the new A119 CPL in Jeremy's photo above (other than 180 degrees) without putting thumb and forefinger either side, and adding fingerprints in the process.

There are cut-outs near the top and bottom edge as seen in the picture below. The glass can be rotated without messing it up.

The outer design looks similar to the GC's CPL, mounting part/area maybe different.

gc-2-png.25283

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G A119 4
Back