Panorama X2 User Manual (PDF Instructions)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Panorama X2 User Manual PDF:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8ff20axva8s0nh/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #18.pdf?dl=1

LAST EDITED 15JAN2015 3:26PM PST

Hey Everyone,

I know some of you out there are eager to get ahold of the pending cutting edge Panorama X2 Dual Channel DashCam (coming soon) Either that, or you're a DCT junky and you like to geek out or help in general.

2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD

We just received a draft copy of the PDF instructions, and I started to clean up and edit the Korean to English a bit. A factory X2 sample is on the way, but we don't have it quite yet.

We could use some input, feedback and general help with the manual so I thought I'd try some DTC Crowd Source Action! (hey why not right?) The clearer we make things, the easier it will be for everyone to fully understand and utilize this powerful new masterpiece that is the X2.

I figured it would be best to create a new thread dedicated to this task instead of clogging up the main X2 thread.

Anyone that helps between now and when the X2 is in stock for sale will receive FREE SHIPPING on their Panorama X2 order from Pier28! (it's the least we can do)
(edit: Thanks Everyone!)
You know this is going to be fun, so join on in! Let the feedback and general questions begin. The X2 is quite interesting with built in low voltage cut-off Parking Mode & easy to use modern big-menu touch screen. I mean look how clear the new lens + WDR night vision is!

LAST EDITED

Help includes grammar, better descriptions, re-writes, complete additions, anything at all to help make sections as as clear as possible. I see even a few of the menus need help. The foundation is there we just need to clean up the descriptions a bit, and slowly understand all this wonderful new X2 functionality.

As we don't have an X2 to test out yet, we can only use our imaginations for now. We'll work on getting a video walk through of the menu when a X2 is physically available. This of course will help guide the instruction writing process even further.

Thanks in advance! With your help we can all polish up the X2 and instructions for a successful launch right out the gate. There is lots to learn and explore here.

-Jon, Pier28

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon,

Check your inbox, exported version from PDF to Word attached.

Last edited:
well done, this is long past it's Due Date ( for their other models )

how often do you plan on releasing updated versions?

As people post changes or additions, I'll edit the document and re-share the latest. I'll add/edit the original post PDF link with a "LAST EDITED" date just above it.

Since the 256gb PNY has been confirmed to work, that should be added to Page 7 "Main Features".

at the very least the 128gb micro card should be added. i dont think there is a micro 256 gb yet, correct?

Since the 256gb PNY has been confirmed to work, that should be added to Page 7 "Main Features".

The X2 uses dual microSD cards, not Full Size SD cards. I'm not aware of any 256GB microSD cards yet. (soon?) 128 front + 128 back = 256 max for now

yeah i updated my post to include the 128gb micro card, probably right as you were responding to it... :p

Got a few changes here mate - do you want the PDF updating directly?

I'll fix this in the next edit. Should be http://www.powerucc.com

acLD0.png

Got a few changes here mate - do you want the PDF updating directly?

We are figuring it out as we go along. You can copy paste it here if the formatting holds, or just send the new PDF with location of changes etc. I don't mind screen shots and re-typing either.

Page 3 - dual channel soultion -> dual channel solution
Page 3 - vidoes -> videos
Page 3 - Add "Features include" / "Main features" or similar header before the table
Page 3 - Item 4. Record Audio -> Records audio from within the car
Page 3 - Item 5 - formated -> formatted. Maybe add link to Guiformat or similar?
Page 3 - Item 5 - micro SD -> microSD
Page 3 - Item 8 - maybe add x seconds before motion detected?
Page 3 - Item 10 - maybe split into two sections - with GPS metadata / video only

Page 3 - dual channel soultion -> dual channel solution
Page 3 - vidoes -> videos
Page 3 - Add "Features include" / "Main features" or similar header before the table
Page 3 - Item 4. Record Audio -> Records audio from within the car
Page 3 - Item 5 - formated -> formatted. Maybe add link to Guiformat or similar?
Page 3 - Item 5 - micro SD -> microSD
Page 3 - Item 8 - maybe add x seconds before motion detected?
Page 3 - Item 10 - maybe split into two sections - with GPS metadata / video only

Thanks all changes above this point edited, original link updated with new date/time stamp

Page 4:
Change "An interference" to "Interference"

Page 7:
Change "Start recording" to "Starts recording"
Change "Stop recording and saving the files automatically after power is turned off" to "Stops recording and saves the files automatically after power is turned off"
Change spelling to "recommended" (browser won't let me type it wrong!"
Change continuousrecording to continuous recording
Change newset to newest
Change "You can check the recording screen during driving and parking recording" - add disclaimer about where local laws allow?
Change pixcel to pixel
Change "Recording the files of 1920x1080pixcel 30fps" to "Records files at 1920x1080 (FullHD) at 30fps"
Change "It can record 30 images of 1920x1080 pixcel in one second" to "It records 30 frames per second at 1920x1080 (FullHD)"
Query "The loss of between the files is approximately 0.1 second." - it's not doing seamless? Is this in a certain mode?

Page 8:
Change "The recording system will be switched over to standby mode when you park or stop the car" to "The X2 switches to standby mode when you park or stop the car"
Change "TheX2willstartrecordingwhenmotionisdetected. Thisishelpful for when you are away from your car." to "The X2 starts recording when motion is detected. This is helpful for when you are away from your car."
Change "If G-sensor is triggered" to "If the G-sensor is triggered"
Change "Formatting the memory will delete the protected files" to "Formatting the memory card will delete any protected files"
Change vehical to vehicle

Page 9:
Change "Do not place the blackbox near a heat source or strong sunlight." to "Do not place the blackbox near a heat source or leave in strong sunlight."
Change "(If you expose the car to the sun for a long time, you should have to air the car." to "(If you expose the car to the sun for a long time, you should cool the inside of the car down by opening the car windows or turning on the air conditioning."
Change "Do not allow metal objects" to "Do not insert metal objects"
Change ciruits to circuits
Change "(not covered under warranty)" to "(Accidental damage is not covered by the warranty)
Change fog to foggy

Page 4:
Change "An interference" to "Interference"

Page 7:
Change "Start recording" to "Starts recording"
Change "Stop recording and saving the files automatically after power is turned off" to "Stops recording and saves the files automatically after power is turned off"
Change spelling to "recommended" (browser won't let me type it wrong!"
Change continuousrecording to continuous recording
Change newset to newest
Change "You can check the recording screen during driving and parking recording" - add disclaimer about where local laws allow?
Change pixcel to pixel
Change "Recording the files of 1920x1080pixcel 30fps" to "Records files at 1920x1080 (FullHD) at 30fps"
Change "It can record 30 images of 1920x1080 pixcel in one second" to "It records 30 frames per second at 1920x1080 (FullHD)"
Query "The loss of between the files is approximately 0.1 second." - it's not doing seamless? Is this in a certain mode?

Page 8:
Change "The recording system will be switched over to standby mode when you park or stop the car" to "The X2 switches to standby mode when you park or stop the car"
Change "TheX2willstartrecordingwhenmotionisdetected. Thisishelpful for when you are away from your car." to "The X2 starts recording when motion is detected. This is helpful for when you are away from your car."
Change "If G-sensor is triggered" to "If the G-sensor is triggered"
Change "Formatting the memory will delete the protected files" to "Formatting the memory card will delete any protected files"
Change vehical to vehicle

Done and Done, good question about the 0.1 seamless
link and time stamp updated in original post

Page 9:
Change "Do not place the blackbox near a heat source or strong sunlight." to "Do not place the blackbox near a heat source or leave in strong sunlight."
Change "(If you expose the car to the sun for a long time, you should have to air the car." to "(If you expose the car to the sun for a long time, you should cool the inside of the car down by opening the car windows or turning on the air conditioning."
Change "Do not allow metal objects" to "Do not insert metal objects"
Change ciruits to circuits
Change "(not covered under warranty)" to "(Accidental damage is not covered by the warranty)
Change fog to foggy

Updated
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl5tgmrhmiulg7f/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #4.pdf?dl=0

Page 10:
Change warings to warnings
Should "Never place the blackbox in close proximity to electric devices " be "Never place the blackbox in close proximity to other electric devices or magnetic sources" ?
Change warrenty to warranty

Page 11:
Change "Use only included power adaptor. " to "Only use the supplied power adaptor."
Not sure what this means: "Do not allow flammable substances or electric devices. " Maybe near the device?
Change "An interference and compatibility " to "Interference and compatibility "
Change "It may cause the image be distorted. " to "It may cause the image to be distorted."
Change SD to microSD

Page 14:
Change "using included power adaptor." to "using the supplied power adaptor."
Maybe change "Please arrange the wires and make connections that won't disturbing driving." to "Please use a qualified auto-electrician to install the unit to the vehicle power and ensure the wires and connections allow safe driving with no obstructions."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back