Panorama X2 User Manual (PDF Instructions)

Awesome. I came up with the following:

Page 3:
I think this intro needs to be re-written, I'm convinced it just talks about video playback...I'd re-write it however I'm not sure what the manufacturer is trying to 'promote' the most.

Under point 7 theres an apostrophe in between the words which shouldn't be there

Page 4:
There 'i' is missing from the word 'wire' for page 13

Page 5:
Capitalisation issues - E.g 'Rear view camera' should be 'Rear View Camera' to maintain consistency. There's a few like this - (Date & time)

Page 7:
What's with the 'EX>' under 'Loop Saving'?

Page 14:
It says the blackbox uses a 12VDC power source + use a 12V power adapter, yet the specs on page 30 indicate the 'DC Adapter'(?) is 12-24v?

Page 22:
Should say: (Add Summer Time / Daylight Savings Time) not (Add Summer Time - aka Daylight Savings Time)

Awesome. I came up with the following:

Page 3:
I think this intro needs to be re-written, I'm convinced it just talks about video playback...I'd re-write it however I'm not sure what the manufacturer is trying to 'promote' the most.

Under point 7 theres an apostrophe in between the words which shouldn't be there

Page 4:
There 'i' is missing from the word 'wire' for page 13

Page 5:
Capitalisation issues - E.g 'Rear view camera' should be 'Rear View Camera' to maintain consistency. There's a few like this - (Date & time)

Page 7:
What's with the 'EX>' under 'Loop Saving'?

Page 14:
It says the blackbox uses a 12VDC power source + use a 12V power adapter, yet the specs on page 30 indicate the 'DC Adapter'(?) is 12-24v?

Page 22:
Should say: (Add Summer Time / Daylight Savings Time) not (Add Summer Time - aka Daylight Savings Time)

Thanks, Done!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2o9537ludgcahg/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #11.pdf?dl=0

We'll re-visit Page 3 after I get my own sample or Niko's feedback makes everything a bit more clear. (not quite ready to tackle that on my own just yet)

This manual is amazing and thanks to all who helped improve it.

On page 8, 17 or 24, Motion detection: It is tempting to assume the Parking Mode settings apply equally to both the front and rear cameras, depending on whether on Page 24 the parking mode is active for rear camera. Is this true? Would help to specifically state in page 8 or 17.

Page 12 has good images of the mounting bracket of the front camera unit. If this X2 uses the same cylinder mount as the 2 and S mount, then add a comment that the mount cylinder is the same. I can see that there is an offset in the drawing. Just add note stating the cylinder width, diameter and indexing ribs are the same (or not).
Page 13 needs a better side view that includes the mounting feature.

upload_2014-10-11_22-30-5.png

Last edited:
X2 is now available for pre-order.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...24-7-parking-mode-rec.6774/page-18#post-94439
If you contributed on the manual please send me a PM when you are ready to order for your custom discount code.

This manual is amazing and thanks to all who helped improve it.

On page 8, 17 or 24, Motion detection: It is tempting to assume the Parking Mode settings apply equally to both the front and rear cameras, depending on whether on Page 24 the parking mode is active for rear camera. Is this true? Would help to specifically state in page 8 or 17.

Page 12 has good images of the mounting bracket of the front camera unit. If this X2 uses the same cylinder mount as the 2 and S mount, then add a comment that the mount cylinder is the same. I can see that there is an offset in the drawing. Just add note stating the cylinder width, diameter and indexing ribs are the same (or not).
Page 13 needs a better side view that includes the mounting feature.

View attachment 8485

8.17,24 @niko will confirm the Parking mode settings further soon

13, I can help with that once I receive inventory. I have a new lightbox studio setup to take photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pier28 ,

This is from Version #11 from the link in the "shipped" email.

Page 8, #7 "G-Sensor"

7. G-sensor
▶ If the G-sensor is triggered, the current file will be protected (locked) and will not be
overwritten.and will not be overwritten.

Should just read: "If the G-sensor is triggered, the current file will be protected (locked) and will not be overwritten"

Page 14 under #2, it reads "To turn the Blackbox off, you must stop the car or turn
the ower cable off."

Needs to add a "P" there....

@Pier28 ,

This is from Version #11 from the link in the "shipped" email.

Page 8, #7 "G-Sensor"

7. G-sensor
▶ If the G-sensor is triggered, the current file will be protected (locked) and will not be
overwritten.and will not be overwritten.

Should just read: "If the G-sensor is triggered, the current file will be protected (locked) and will not be overwritten"

Page 14 under #2, it reads "To turn the Blackbox off, you must stop the car or turn
the ower cable off."

Needs to add a "P" there....

Thanks, I enhanced those areas further. Here is draft #12
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6h07miitc3aoje8/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #12.pdf?dl=0

A quick usability question this time which I don't see mentioned in the user guide.

When you power the cam on there is a dotted red box around the clock area - it seems if you press inside this box it powers the camera off - is that still the case?

When I press the outlined dotted square box at the bottom it stops/starts recording. This is perfect for when you need to eject the microSD cards. I will add this to the instruction manual good idea.

JTLTFU8.png

Page 27

Q6: How do I manually start and stop the X2 recording?
A6: You will see see a red box with a dotted outline at the bottom of the screen. Touching anywhere in this area will toggle start/stop recording. It is important to stop the recording before ejecting the microSD cards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz6fvqfuw83hngd/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #13.pdf?dl=0

Last edited:
i was wondering the significance of this red box! i was just tapping the cog/sprocket icon to get to the menu which also stops recording.

i miss the hardware power button (the pano G/S has a hard key power button) as that was a sure fie way to turn OFF the cam.

@Pier28 ,

let me ask you this kind sir...

when in park mode, if both cams are on/monitoring and say something triggers the front cam to record, does the rear cam also start recording at the same time?

Or are they independent of each other when in park mode: meaning , if the front cam is triggered whilst in park mode, the rear will NOT record UNLESS something triggers it (someone walks into frame, etc)?

thanks bro...

o_O:oops:;) clearly this post was made with me in mind :D:p

the way I have the cam mounted i cant even see the side much less the marking F and R.

When formatting the cards in the cam, on the format screen the top most on-screen selection is for FRONT and the bottom is REAR. Silly me for thinking that corresponded to the actual slots on the sides too... ;)

however i figured it out, when you DO remove the bottom card, the cam beeps (like the pano G does) and it makes sense why it does because thats the front cam SD slot. the cam does not beep when you remove the top card from the slot.

learning as I go... :oops:

@Pier28

couple of typos in the #14 draft:

Page 14:

"(2) Turning the Power On, Off, and Power Save Function".
Under "(1)", the word "Blackbox" is misspelled as "bBackbox".

------------

page 28: Q9. The answer A9: The word "vehicle" is misspelled "vehical".

Last edited:
Last edited:
thats what i notice.

however, with no dedicated power button, when one wants to swap cards with the engine off, you can press in the red box to turn off the unit, but you have to remove power to the unit and re-apply power to switch it back on, or turn the car on and off to trigger it. minor inconvenience.

Jon, is the link for draft 17 down?

I only have draft 16 and I suggest the following if not already addressed.

Per my post in the main X2 thread. If what I think is correct regarding the off settings in Motion Detection and G-Sensor detection.

Page 17

Add (Off = Never Record) next to G-Sensor Sensitivity line.
Add (Off = Never Record) next to Motion Detection line.
Remove the 13.5v on the line for Power Control.

Page 18, Power Control picture still shows 13.5v. Update picture if possible.

Back