Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

My english is not good but tried some stringd.

Type of wav file:
wav audio file
Sampling rate : 8 000 Hz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Overall bit rate : 129 Kbps

This is the text:
Attention! Mode is enabled debugging emergency.wav << Attention! Debugging mode is enabled .
Checksum is wrong boot loader boot-sue-fail.wav << Boot loader checksum is wrong .
Checksum is wrong the root filesystem fs-sue-fail.wav << Root file system checksum is wrong .
Checksum is wrong kernel kernel-sue-fail.wav << Kernel checksum is wrong .
Checksum is wrong application software pt-sue-fail.wav << Application software checksum is wrong .
Video recorder turns off exception_power_off.wav << The video recording will stop .
No file checksum boot loader no-boot-sue.wav << The boot loader file has no checksum .
No file checksum the root filesystem no-fs-sue.wav << The root file system has no checksum .
No file checksum kernel no-kernel-sue.wav << The kernel file has no checksum .
No file checksum application software no-pt-sue.wav << The application software file has no checksum .
Please do not turn off video recorder during upgrade no-remove-power.wav << Please do not turn off the camera during upgrade .
Begins overload video recorder reboot.wav << The camera will restart .
Check memory card sdcard_check.wav << Please check the SD Memory Card .
Update the video recorder, please not turn off power system_upgrade.wav << Firmware upgrading. Please do Not! turn off power .
Boot loader updated successfully upgrade-boot-ok.wav << Boot loader updated successfully .
Begins upgrade boot loader upgrade-boot-start.wav << Boot loader upgrade will begin .
Video recorder upgrade completed successfully upgrade-complete-ok.wav << The firmware upgrading completed successfully .
error one when you upgrade video recorder upgrade-err1.wav << Error One occured when you upgraded the camera .
error two when you upgrade video recorder upgrade-err2.wav << Error Two occured when you upgraded the camera .
error three when you upgrade video recorder upgrade-err3.wav << Error Three occured when you upgraded the camera .
Kernel updated successfully upgrade-kernel-ok.wav << Kernel upgrade updated successfully .
Begins upgrade kernel upgrade-kernel-start.wav << Kernel upgrade started .
Not found bootloader upgrade-no-boot.wav << Boo tloader upgrade not found .
Not found kernel upgrade-no-kernel.wav << Kernel upgrade not found .
Not found application software upgrade-no-pt.wav << Application software upgrade not found .
Not found root filesystem upgrade-no-rootfs.wav << Root file system upgrade not found .
Application software updated successfully upgrade-pt-ok.wav << Application software updated successfully .
Root filesystem updated successfully upgrade-rootfs-ok.wav << Root file system updated successfully .
Begins root filesystem upgrade-rootfs-start.wav << Root file system begins .
Begins application software upgrade-pt-start.wav << Application software system begins .
Begins firmware upgrade video recorder upgrade-start.wav << Firmware upgrade system begins .
Attention, updates without checksum files upgrade-wo-sue-start.wav Attention! File without checksum used for updating .
Update completed successfully upgrade_complete.wav << Update completed successfully .
Unknown error occurred when you upgrade software upgrade_fail.wav << Unknown error occurred when trying the software upgrade
Versions are different version_miss.wav << The versions are different
Reboot the system_reboot.wav << Reboot the system

After the << I put some examples of translation.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:

jsan said:
I got some of what was written above and recorded it.
Nice!
Do you want to do for all with a correct english?

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: I think on Soundclub there is a typo: Voices by Inova - UK - Amy >> Voices by Ivona - UK - Amy

Indeed ! Nice english accent !

Does anyone know how to incorporate the file for Asia/Calcutta for the timezone in this custom firmware? I tried but was not successful.

I just loaded the custom firmware, got Russian voices. Doesn't really bother me though. If it bothers me enough I'll change them around since the voice descriptions for the wav files are in English. I can even go Korean if I wanted since I am a Korean-American.

SumitB said:
Does anyone know how to incorporate the file for Asia/Calcutta for the timezone in this custom firmware? I tried but was not successful.
Check your emails
sent to GMT +5.5 ;)

themyst said:
I just loaded the custom firmware, got Russian voices. Doesn't really bother me though.
There is an English firmware
I wanted to place additional votes

Mio said:
SumitB said:
Check your emails
sent to GMT +5.5 ;)

Thank You. It did work and now its all set. Bitrate Set to 10Mbps and working wonderfully. Will keep a watch on its performance. If you make any changes, please mail me the builds. Will help you test it out.

Mio said:
themyst said:
I just loaded the custom firmware, got Russian voices. Doesn't really bother me though.
There is an English firmware
I wanted to place additional votes
OK, seems the english firmware will be made by non-english users.

The english voices are here, but not at 8000Hz. That was too much for me like adjusting the bitrate and sampling rate. Included also the text used in Ivona software.

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: the power of a forum is sharing, not just asking. For asking, just use Google.

Mtz
thanks
I'll do the rest

any chance anyone can give me a link to this higher bit rate english firmware?

Here is a high-stress video (lots of trees, cars, rain, etc.) at 12mbit (WATCH IN 1080P). The artifacting is pretty much gone and I'm pretty happy with the mod. Now I need to format a 64gb microSD in Fat32 with 12kb clusters so I can save more video :)

Last edited by a moderator:

This is excellent stuff. I wonder if someone who has successfully updated their firmware to a higher bitrate could write some how-to for us noobs?

(Oddly enough I'm very excited about this even though I haven't even received my DR500 yet...)

The firmware also
- Updated the web server (you can include live)
- Increased speed WiFi
- And much more ;)

Mio said:
The firmware also
- Updated the web server (you can include live)
- Increased speed WiFi
- And much more ;)
...and take the stamp off from bottom right hands corner

jsan said:
...and take the stamp off from bottom right hands corner
no problem :D ;)

Mio, the audio files were OK?

enjoy,
Mtz