Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

Mio said:
Yes, it's okay
I convert
Everything is now ready
Hi Mio,

That good !!

anyone able to send me a copy of the firmware? I checked out the russian forum but its 260 pages and not really sure where to begin.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out :)

boshaus said:
anyone able to send me a copy of the firmware? I checked out the russian forum but its 260 pages and not really sure where to begin.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out :)

If you found the info about where you get it, why don't you post it up for us all?

Who need the English firmware (not original)
Write in your private messages
You can e-mail give

Up for MIO. He is good ! Fast respond from him !

The english voice is not so nice so I hope for a repack which will include better english voices. Files already prepared and sent to Mio.

enjoy,
Mtz

when converting quality deteriorates :(
What are the suggestions for improving the work of the DVR?

Sent to you a private message with the new audio files.

enjoy,
Mtz

thanks downloaded.
We will try to make a quick

My custom firmware with 12Mbps with No stamp (DR500GW-1080P).

Last edited by a moderator:

Dscheng said:
Up for MIO. He is good ! Fast respond from him !

Thumb UP for Mio too.

Thanks!!!

I hope not all official BlackVue resellers which have the original english firmware and don't want to offer it to anybody, to start crying. Not because people can listen some english voice, but because the unofficial firmware is better and based on users feedback. No more completely ignoring the customer when is about firmware requests.
I know, they will claim forever that only the official BlackVue have warranty. Maybe ebay have some kind of protection.

I am curious what will do now the people with official english firmware installed. If they will upgrade to the unofficial firmware they don't have the original english backup and is better for them to obtain first the english original firmware in some way. This is because to not have some surprise for the warranty if they will send back the camera which have some problem with an unofficial firmware installed.
Or at least they must to have some firmware which is very close to the official firmware, including the BlackVue logo.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I am curious what will do now the people with official english firmware installed. If they will upgrade to the unofficial firmware they don't have the original english backup and is better for them to obtain first the english original firmware in some way. This is because to not have some surprise for the warranty if they will send back the camera which have some problem with an unofficial firmware installed.
Or at least they must to have some firmware which is very close to the official firmware, including the BlackVue logo.

enjoy,
Mtz

THat is exactly why I am not jumping at this firmware right now... I just shelled out good money for this camera. Installing this modified firmware basically is the kiss of death to any shred of warranty you could have on it, coming from a company that has not had a very stellar record as far as problematic builds goes...

I think I will wait for a bit before I get brave enough to put this new firmware on it.

Mtz said:

enjoy,
Mtz
I have the original Blackvue English firmware (1.003) if needed to flash back to factory.

Malcontent said:
Mtz said:

enjoy,
Mtz
I have the original Blackvue English firmware (1.003) if needed to flash back to factory.

can you send me the original DR500GW-HD firmware? I cant understand the Korean language in my unit. Thanks a million!

my email address is alexchoo@outlook.com

Now the original English firmware we do not have
Later we will do and anyone should give
Speed ​​WiFi in raised custom firmware
May hardware not support 802n

with the korean firmware, the video quality is not that good...I am going to do a test with this customized firmware and see how things goes...

do you guys know of any method to make the video quality better?

I have cleaned the lens of my Blackvue DR500GW and also cleaned the windscreeen..I have also adjusted the Blackvue to point more downwards but the video quality is still not that good...
any advices?

It depends a lot on the lighting condition too alex. Try using the custom firmware. My video is not that great with original firmware.

I just installed custom so we will see.

Thanks a lot mio!

navyseals said:
It depends a lot on the lighting condition too alex. Try using the custom firmware. My video is not that great with original firmware.

I just installed custom so we will see.

Thanks a lot mio!

yeah, I will give it a run on the custom firmware and we will see...

how do you upload the video to Youtube and select it to 1080p HD? I uploaded and can only select it up to 360p

can the current BlackVue viewer view good videos or we need a better one?

If you will upload the videos on youtube as 1080p them will be available as 1080p also. Wait some time after upload and you will see on youtube also the 1080p resolution.
You can play the videos with any player. The quality will be the same. After some curiosity about videos you will understand that is not important to watch where you drive and the dash cam is for offering a video when you will need it. A dash cam is something like mount and forget.

Regarding official firmware I hope Mio will offer a custom firmware which will looks exactly as the original firmware. We don't need an official firmware but a firmware which will look the same. We have the extracted firmware offered by Malcontent so we can have a firmware like the original one.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back