Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

i'm going to hold off for a while upgrading now to see what happens. seems there maybe issues that need sorting out first.

I upgraded my new dashcam from stock 1.005 to 1.1.1aES - thank you Mio!

Definitely getting 15mbps on some sample video I took on my back deck with a 12V power supply. Left it on outside for about 5 minites and didn't get GPS signal.

Will try out on a drive tomorrow. I saw there was a possible GPS problem but was willing to sacrifice GPS for now to try out the higher bitrate.

Thanks again Mio! Keep us updated if there is a GPS fix.

Hillbilly said:
djrams80 said:
I put the Los_Angeles file in the citytime folder and my time is wrong, reading midnight. I am also only getting 7500kbps. I tried to format the card again and install the pacific file, but the Blackvue game the "initializing SD card" alert and is still recording at 7500kbps.

Take it outside and let it find the satellites and it should come right

have you installed the new FW 1.1.1a ??? do you have any problem???

TheDukeZip said:
I upgraded my new dashcam from stock 1.005 to 1.1.1aES - thank you Mio!

Definitely getting 15mbps on some sample video I took on my back deck with a 12V power supply. Left it on outside for about 5 minites and didn't get GPS signal.

Will try out on a drive tomorrow. I saw there was a possible GPS problem but was willing to sacrifice GPS for now to try out the higher bitrate.

Thanks again Mio! Keep us updated if there is a GPS fix.
I don't mind trade the GPS function for high bit rate too as long as the recording time is correct.

Guys first start GPS can be 15-20 minutes
Try to ride in the street as normal
GPS module operates separately from the DVR firmware
We have not changed anything there.
I checked, I have worked GPS

My record time was correct. I put in my time zone file, and also updated the time zone in the 'regular config' via WiFi using the iPhone app. Not sure if that made any difference.

Mio said:
Guys first start GPS can be 15-20 minutes

for anyone that might be concerned this is quite normal for cold start, particularly if a GPS is being used first time, eg from new, after updating, resetting etc, the Ephemeris data that it needs to download takes minimum 12.5 minutes in total, this is a limitation of how fast the data is sent by the satellites (not a limitation of the DVR), some reading material on that here for anyone that's interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPS_signals subsequent use after this initial period will be much quicker

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow that woman's voice during the upgrade really creeps me out haha

bhuwan said:
I sent PM - how do I get new FW?
write again I'll check.
Those who have written, I have all posted. Probably somewhere was lost

Just curious, is it possible to reinstall the older 1.0.0.5 F/W, over the updated 1.1.1 F/W ?

Pebo said:
Just curious, is it possible to reinstall the older 1.0.0.5 F/W, over the updated 1.1.1 F/W ?
From pervious posts I think the answer is yes.
You can update
original 1.003, 1.005 -> 1.1.1аES
1.0.3cES,1.0.5E -> 1.1.1аES
1.1.1аES -> original 1.003, 1.005, 1.0.3cES

on 1.0.5ES also be revert

Do we have to change anything in the avserver.sh? it shows me garbled symbols at this moment.

ok, gps, even on standard firmware before 1.0.5 my gps took quite a while to start up and record stuff.

Great, my concern was the reported issue with the GPS, however I'd like to be able to install the new 1.1.1aE that Mio sent but if I also have problems with the GPS, I'd like to be able to revert back to the older firmware with which the GPS worked until there is a fix. Since it appears that I can revert back to the older F/W if needed, tomorrow I will install the new firmware and see what happens. I'll post my success or failures.

Thanks again Mio for all your work, it's great to hear everyone posting even with some having issues but everyone is positive about the upcoming changes; what a great group to be working with.

Thanks all!!!!

Pebo

Hi Mio
I do the compareson 2 version.bin files ,one in the SD card before install FW ( No GPS ) - Called SD1 and one in the SD take from VDR by putting the blank SD card into the VDR ( have GPS but no voice ), - Called SD2 to see if there is any difference and here the result:
SD1:
[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = English
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = English
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW
SD2:
[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW
I do not know why difference ( Korea ) and not change to English yet. I will compare for the config files late
Can you take a look to it Mio
Thanks a lot Mio.

I wrote above that an error has crept in, I've corrected it,
if the correct in the file version.bin to English, the sound will work

I'm looking at the log file for the GPS. It says "GPS Start" but it keeps saying "Out of Coordinates" after. Does that mean anything?

I upgraded my dashcam from stock 1.005 to 1.1.1aES, first, thank you Mio!

The strange thing is, that I am suffering overheating issues. This was not present before installing the custom FW.

The cam becomes about 84 degees and the videos become Pink colour after a while.. 8-/

When comparing the CPU load to the stock firmware, this one has about 10-15% more...

If I "stop activity" in the web interface, I can see how the temperature drops and the videos are in normal color after cool down and reset, but become pink again very fast....

Any idea what is going wrong here? How can I reduce the CPU load?

Attachments

• dr500gw-hd_heat_problems.jpg
    dr500gw-hd_heat_problems.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 81
Back