Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

jsan said:
I painted the lens shroud black, using a paint pen.
i did this too, i dont know why on earth they made it silver, stands out way too much. very stealth now. i also painted the silver holder black.
also interested in seeing how you go with the firmware fix with UART just incase i do something and receive the brick afterwards.

wozzzzza said:
jsan said:
I painted the lens shroud black, using a paint pen.
i did this too, i dont know why on earth they made it silver, stands out way too much. very stealth now. i also painted the silver holder black.
also interested in seeing how you go with the firmware fix with UART just incase i do something and receive the brick afterwards.

Exactly. Having the camera not stand out is much better. Like we said earlier the way the camera comes from factory is really visible from outside. Your eyes go straight to it when viewing the vehicle its installed in, from the front. So painting the entire thing black makes it blend into the rearview mirror. I've asked several people if they had notice the dashcam after it was painted black. Almost no one.

Also if you are in an accident and the other person is blaming you and making you at fault. Don't correct them, wait until the police arrives, let them tell their lie to the police then you tell your side of the story with the video footage. Now the other person has lied to the police and you have the proof. The police will have no reason to believe any part of their story.

That is only if they don't spot the dashcam on your windshield. If they do spot the dashcam then they will twist their story some other way and worse that can happen is the police officer can put you both at fault and you'll have to go to your own insurance and deal with higher premiums.

Anyways lol that is why I painted it black, also for asthetics.

I'll see what the dealer says, if he'll take it back or maybe he'll say that I've voided the warranty. in that case, I'll go the UART route and keep you all updated.

My friend who updated the firmware is being very apologetic and offering to buy me another one. I told him not to worry about it, since his intentions were good.

Your friend breaks it (still your responsibility) and you are trying to return it to a vendor. That is so unethical. Dont be using modified firmware if you dont want consequences.

jsan said:
Mio said:

I ordered those, they should be here within two weeks. I'll need help with trying to restore the camera, if you're up for it Mio.

I also contacted my dealer to see if they would replace it.

I painted the lens shroud black, using a paint pen. Before it was too obvious from the outside that there is a camera behind the rear view mirror because of the silver shroud around the lens.

After painting it black the camera is almost undetectable, unless you specifically look for it. It blends in with the black rearview mirror.

So if the dealer wont accept the camera I'll have to fix it myself (hopefully with Mio's assistance)

What are you talking about? I informed the dealer of the custom firmware and how it stopped working after we tried loading the newer firmware. We are being upfront with the dealer I'm not hiding anything.

That is why I am hesitant that the dealer will take it back, that is why I have purchased the cables to fix it myself.

Like I said I am waiting the dealer's response, which likely is a no. I even informed him that I painted the lens shroud black and that the paint can be easily taken off.

hackztor said:
Your friend breaks it (still your responsibility) and you are trying to return it to a vendor. That is so unethical. Dont be using modified firmware if you dont want consequences.

jsan said:
Mio said:

I ordered those, they should be here within two weeks. I'll need help with trying to restore the camera, if you're up for it Mio.

I also contacted my dealer to see if they would replace it.

I painted the lens shroud black, using a paint pen. Before it was too obvious from the outside that there is a camera behind the rear view mirror because of the silver shroud around the lens.

After painting it black the camera is almost undetectable, unless you specifically look for it. It blends in with the black rearview mirror.

So if the dealer wont accept the camera I'll have to fix it myself (hopefully with Mio's assistance)

we have made transitional 1.0.3сSE, that e-mail has been sent, I, who did not send the e-mail me.

It is important, only way
1.0.3aE -> 1.0.3сES

further variants
1.0.3cES -> 1.003 original
1.0.3cES -> 1.005 original
1.005 original -> 1.0.3cES
1.003 original -> 1.0.3cES
1.0.3cES -> 1.0.5S (afterwards)

Mio said:
we have made transitional 1.0.3сSE, that e-mail has been sent, I, who did not send the e-mail me.

1.0.3aE -> 1.0.3сES

further variants

MIO excellent work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One question. What does it mean these naming convention:

'aE', 'cES', 'S'

I think 'E' means Englihs, and those rest ?

it is our names to avoid confusion
a -> b -> c :) ;)

Mio said:
it is our names to avoid confusion
a -> b -> c :) ;)

Mio, and the "S" means what ?

1.005S
1.003cES

I'm trying to get the higher bit rate and copied over the folder "Blackvue" from Mio's zip file to the micro SD card and see that the bit rate is still only 7,421. I'm sure I don't know what I'm doing :) any help what I must do will be most welcome :)

regards :)

at the root of a flash drive there is avserver.sh?

Mio said:

1.0.3aE -> 1.0.3сES

further variants

So you could go from 1.005 (factory) -> 1.0.3cES (hacked?)
Or 1.005(factory) -> 1.0.3cES (transitional) -> 1.0.3aE (hacked) ?

While 1.0.5S is being developed.

rbimdxe 1.0.3cES it replaces the 1.0.3aE, it retains all the features 1.0.3aE
do not need to be updated again 1.0.3cES -> 1.0.3aE

OK.

So does that mean we can go from 1.0.5 to 1.0.3cES ?

Or still have to wait for 1.0.5S?

Thanks for your work Mio :)

as you wish
you can wait, or you can put this

i just received Mio's newest transitional ROM for the Blackvue 500. Can i know the exact steps to flash this firmware in? just copy everything into the microSD card and overwrite the previous files inside?

thanks for any form of assistance provided...

alexchoo what firmware is now
when the custom 1.0.3аЕ, then yes

Thanks Mio...I will later delete all the files in my microSD card and then put in the new files for the transitional ROM and then put in my BlackVue 500 :mrgreen:

Mio said:
as you wish
you can wait, or you can put this

Hi Mio

I guess I'll have to wait for 1.0.5 modified.

Trying to go from 1.0.5 to 1.0.3cES gave me Error 1 - version information is different.

rbimdxe
why no one does not want to read what is written?
need a change when upgrading of FW 1.003 to 1.005 in the file version.bin

Back