Dash Cam not switching off

Normski

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am new to this forum and also a new dash cam owner. I own the Nextbase 322GW which was hard wired to my new car by Halfords. I have already queried with them why the dash cam becomes so hot in use (not sure I received a reasonable answer) they hard reset the dash cam. I have noticed that the cam seems to be permanently on after the car ignition is switched off. I have disable parking mode (I do not require it) and have auto shut down enabled, which does not appear to function . Am I missing something or not fully understanding the Dash Cam functionality?

If you definitely don't require parking mode then they need to switch the power from permanent live to ignition controlled.

However, even if wired to permanent live the dashcam should shutdown after a period of no motion. If it isn't and still recording then it could kill your car battery.

If you definitely don't require parking mode then they need to switch the power from permanent live to ignition controlled.

However, even if wired to permanent live the dashcam should shutdown after a period of no motion. If it isn't and still recording then it could kill your car battery.
Thanks for your reply, I guess from what you say that there ma potentially be a fault, therefore a return to the store will be necessary.

I bought my 322GW in 2020 and it recently started showing the same behaviour. It simple won't auto switch off after the car has been parked.
Main reason for operating the dashcam is the parking mode, so I am operating it on a permanent supply. Consequently, I cannot operate the camera currently as it will drain every battery within hours.
Any suggestions what I should do besides resetting the system which I already tried multiple times?

I bought my 322GW in 2020 and it recently started showing the same behaviour. It simple won't auto switch off after the car has been parked.
Main reason for operating the dashcam is the parking mode, so I am operating it on a permanent supply. Consequently, I cannot operate the camera currently as it will drain every battery within hours.
Any suggestions what I should do besides resetting the system which I already tried multiple times?
Contact your seller to see if there's any semblance of a warranty available, and if not then Nextbase themselves. Unfortunately if no hope there, then go for another brand that uses a capacitor instead for reliability.

Viofo is a reputable brand here with great reliability of their models proven over years, with excellent after sales support to go with it.

I remember, very early on, complaints about them firing up overnight, even when parked in a garage with no wind or movement.

Nextbase set one up in their office and that was doing the same. I can't remember that they ever solved it.

I remember, very early on, complaints about them firing up overnight, even when parked in a garage with no wind or movement.

Nextbase set one up in their office and that was doing the same. I can't remember that they ever solved it.
Classy that their cameras blow up :D

Back