Dash cam spotting

Reg dashcam

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0801/JADO D169 (Front), K2000 Car Cam (rear)
I thought this can be fun. Do you/have you ever spotted a dash cam in somebody else's car while on the road or in a parking lot? Personally, I spotted three different dash cams (two SUV's and a Mustang) a couple weeks back while driving through L.A. Be careful not to mistake them for a GPS mount, but those look different and are usually positioned lower anyway.

I was using the Google Earth street-view a while back in Russia, browsing some of the streets in major cities over there using this feature and spotted a couple through windshields. They're pretty easy to find there, although windshields are pretty reflective so they can be a little hard to spot. I took a screencap of one:

dash1 sm.png

Anyway, if you spot any, mention it here!

As long as you dont lose your concentration as to the road and driving conditions......Dashcams are just catching on here in france so I guess it will be a case of the (lesser spotted dashcamo_O

They are all over the place here, not as much as Russia but a lot none the less. They all seem to be more like the Korean market it that they are noticeable. Like Korea I do not think there is as much of a worry about break-ins and they want you to know they are recording. I still plan to make mine as stealth as possible when I get one; had my cars broken into several times so I am still worried about that, even here.

At a smaller car show a guy with a 57 Chevy had a knock off DVR-027, and then one time someone parked up at Walmart had what looked like a F500LHD in a silver or tan honda, but I could not get a good look at it.

I find myself looking for DashCam owners as I drive around these days as well.
Put writing "JazJon" on the car and people will give you a toot or blast as the case may be ;)

Regards
Duke

I was just at a company function and our field techs who drive a lot during the year are considering getting dashcams to deal with calls from people saying untrue things about how they drive. Out of 160 people, I was the only one that had one, I felt a bit strange, I got the feeling people were looking at me like some techo-nerd. After the meeting, I recieved quite a few emails on what I had, quality etc so I've been a bit of a salesperson for them.

I was just at a company function and our field techs who drive a lot during the year are considering getting dashcams to deal with calls from people saying untrue things about how they drive. Out of 160 people, I was the only one that had one, I felt a bit strange, I got the feeling people were looking at me like some techo-nerd. After the meeting, I recieved quite a few emails on what I had, quality etc so I've been a bit of a salesperson for them.
I've found reactions to be initially slightly scornful, but when they view the footage and consider the benefits of having a dash-cam, they seem more positive about them. I have fitted my old DVR-027/207 (or whatever) clone to a friend's car to try and catch some footage of other drivers annoying her and her subsequent explosive responses. :)
But other than that, I only know one other person with a dash-cam, and he only fits it for long journeys. My wife has declined to have a dash cam in her car, but given her appalling driving, a dash-cam would likely count against her. ;)

As an aside, I wonder what the gender divide is with dash-cam use is. I'm guessing mainly men, but I have no evidence to back that up.

Back