Dashcam for use on a mountain bike

richcam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2x0801, 0806 (broken), Mobius 1, Mobius 2, Auto-Vox B60
Just wondering if any of you could recommend a decent dashcam for use on a mountain bike, I was looking at a Mobius but the battery life is shown as only 60 - 80 minutes so not really long enough, well unless that is the best there is!

In terms of use, it's mainly going to be used on the road with the occasional spate of off-roading.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Have you looked at a innovv C3 with an external battery pack?

Go with the SJ4000 or better the new SJCAM M10, both have a waterproof case and mounts for all parts of your bike and helmet included. They have a 90 minute run time, you can buy extra batteries super cheap and swap them out easily. I use mine as my rear view dash cam, all the features are there, loop recording auto start/stop and you can lock files. Here's the M10 with a circular polarizer

image.jpg

Handlebar mounting isn't ideal, it picks up too much road vibrations. I have used mine mountain biking, one on my helmet and the other rear facing on the seat post. I have mounted them to a few parts of my bike. Here's a link to a review on MTBR forums http://forums.mtbr.com/videos-pov-cameras/sjcam-sj4000-wifi-quality-hd-action-cam-under-$100-937098.html.

http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_113683.html $77 with coupon code GBM10C

...I was looking at a Mobius but the battery life is shown as only 60 - 80 minutes so not really long enough...

The standard Mobius battery is 520mAh, however, Mobius sellers also offer an 820mAh replacement, which will provide the duration you want.

You can also use an external power bank, & a waterproof camera case is available.

Hey guys, thank you for all the replies, will take a look at the cameras you have suggested and especially the tips regarding the fitment on a bike, I watched the Mobius video clips on YouTube by Techmoan and noticed how bad it was without some form of dampening out the vibration.

I watched the Mobius video clips on YouTube by Techmoan and noticed how bad it was without some form of dampening out the vibration.

You'll have vibration issues on a bike no matter what camera you choose. The RC Aircraft fans love the Mobius & resolved the vibration issues in quadcopters, etc, long ago. You may find useful information at...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1971523

Just wondering if any of you could recommend a decent dashcam for use on a mountain bike, I was looking at a Mobius but the battery life is shown as only 60 - 80 minutes so not really long enough, well unless that is the best there is!

Helo

In terms of use, it's mainly going to be used on the road with the occasional spate of off-roading.

Any suggestions much appreciated.
If it is for mountain bike,I planned to recommend an action camera ,which is from the Gopro direct factory,Skypix,model SV5BW,a decent cylinder shaped with camera itself 18m water proof resistance and 170degree wide angle viewing angle,with WIFI stream,WIFI download,WIFI setting,also 1150mah battery and Ambarella processor,this model could record 2hours under 1080p mode,WIFI is more like *bluetooth*
as long as your mobile have WIFI connection function,do not meed to download APK or APP,but price maybe a little expensive and it is action camera application mainly.

Last edited:
Back