DashCam Lightning Strike

OK, why do some of these people in the US drive with their hazard/4 ways on when they are in inclemant weather??? They are to be used if you present a "hazard" to other drivers, aka stopped on the side of the road, or in an emergency situation. Maybe it's me, but it kind of tees me off to be running down the highway ay 55mph and come across people with the 4-ways on doing about the same speed. Here in the USA, 4-ways are for below 40mph on highways. I feel if you can't do that speed, then pull off the road and wait for things to clear, but don't drive with them on while driving highway speeds.

OMG, preaching to choir! I had that exact discussion with my Wife last night during the drive in the storm! Nearly everyone was driving at the speed limit yet had their hazards on and some were doing it in the left lane! I can see popping on the hazards if traffic suddenly slows or in a crazy fog but not just driving down the highway in a thunderstorm. I passed nearly 100 cars last night that were doing this...

Ya some of those storms are crazy.
I've had few encounters.
Here is one from last week.
Not as close as yours though.
20140724-g1wh-screenshot-9-jpg.6418

Pretty cool :)

I think this was allso in the back of my head bying my first dashcam, me and my friend do at times chase extreme weather ( or as extreme as weather get here in Little ol Denmark )

Only problem is we mostly chase in my friends car as he got 4x4, and i dont have that any more as i will not pay the steep 4x4 taxes here.

Back