DDPai M6+ Techmoan's latest droolfest

This has been in most Chinese dashcam forums last year.
Consider the outside temp was only +21C !!!

I'm sure they won't all melt but it does just highlight that batteries carry some risk in any camera, doing parking mode though increases the risk quite a lot

question is will he continue to like it, it wasn't so long ago he was saying how great the K1S was and it was his personal choice, I'm sure there are plenty of owners of those that regret their purchase

it wasn't so long ago he was saying how great the K1S was and it was his personal choice, I'm sure there are plenty of owners of those that regret their purchase

Lots of negativity on here. Forums used to be a lot of fun in the 1990s, but now it's often just people pontificating and stating why they won't be buying something, it's really just not fun to read or take part in.

'Not so long Ago'? ....only a year and a half. Some people have met and had a baby in that time. I still use a K1S in my Mini, however I run a YouTube tech review channel and without a constant stream of new devices to review there will be no channel. Perhaps Top Gear should have stopped in 1974 when they decided that the new VW Golf was a good enough car for the average person, so no need to bother looking at any other models.

Buy whatever camera you want with your money and I'll do the same....but don't slag people off behind their backs...that's just not cricket.

Lots of negativity on here. Forums used to be a lot of fun in the 1990s, but now it's often just people pontificating and stating why they won't be buying something, it's really just not fun to read or take part in..

it was an observation not a criticism, apologies if it came off that way, I have noted you often mention that you don't always live with the products long term so how they pan out is often not known at review time, case in point there was a member that used to get on here every time someone complained about the K1s quoting that it was your personal choice of camera and they somehow must have been doing something wrong, it is a model that has suffered a lot of problems for a lot of users unfortunately

@Techmoan
This is a forum with a lot of avid supporters and followers of your channel (me included), however, @jokiin was just highlighting his view, he's not slagging you off behind your back - it's not like he can email you and say...'i'm going to post a comment that could be interpreted as negative...is that okay?'

As jokiin has highlighted a lot of people have had big problems with the K1s - it seems you have a great unit, which is lucky for you - but a lot of people did not and a lot of people love your channel and as such were perplexed why you would be recommending a camera with so many problems.

I understand you can only test a camera for 1 month or so, it's hardly feasible to test for a year and then release a review, but that doesn't mean that people cannot point out other weaknesses and problems.

If you put it on the internet expect it to be torn down - I agree with you, it's a sad situation but that is what this place now is mostly.

Hope you're good and keep up the good work!

Both my K1S units were in daily use until a few weeks ago and were still working fine. I can only assume that there must have been a change to the way they made them after I bought my two early models. I'll remove the camera from the list of cameras that I've used and liked.

Both my K1S units were in daily use until a few weeks ago and were still working fine. I can only assume that there must have been a change to the way they made them after I bought my two early models. I'll remove the camera from the list of cameras that I've used and liked.

Ah - you must have been one of the lucky ones!

Keep up the reviews!

That's the thing with chinese manufacturing lately. How many people bought G1Ws/G1W-Hs 2 or more years ago that are still working fine and how many people, influenced by that, bought one recently only to regret it 2 or 3 months later (or sooner)? They change things, often for the worse, but people think they're still buying a good product.

That's the thing with chinese manufacturing lately. How many people bought G1Ws/G1W-Hs 2 or more years ago that are still working fine and how many people, influenced by that, bought one recently only to regret it 2 or 3 months later?
The G1W when it first came out was a great bang for buck proposition, unfortunately there are so many versions of that model in the market that are nowhere near as good that are sold off the reputation of the first version, not something that buyers can know beforehand though, even buying from the same seller is no guarantee as to what you'll get

If only things worked that way here in Portugal... Everybody has to have the latest models but no one keep the old ones. They usually sell them on OLX or other similar sites to help pay for the new one!
Besides, I would never go up to a friend of mine and say "Hey, I bought a new dashcam that doesn't have a screen but has WiFi. Can you give me your old smartphone so that I can set it up?". It's not in my nature. :)

If all you need is a cheap basic WiFi enabled Android tablet to use for a viewing a dash cam you can buy one on eBay, Gearbest, Banggood etc., for 30 to 40 USD.

examples:

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_73976.html

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Cheap+7"+Google+Android4.2+WIFI+Table&_sacat=0

(...) not something that buyers can know beforehand though, even buying from the same seller is no guarantee as to what you'll get
I don't think even sellers know exactly what they're selling, which makes me question these people's whole manufacturing/selling business strategy. It's like they really don't care if what they're selling is a good or bad product, as long as it sells. If I was a seller I would like to know exactly what I'm selling because I wouldn't want to have a lot of complaints and a bad reputation. They're bad for business.

If all you need is a cheap basic WiFi enabled Android tablet to use for a viewing a dash cam you can buy one on eBay, Gearbest, Banggood etc., for 30 to 40 USD.
My point was I didn't have be forced to spend an extra cent just to be able to operate such a dashcam.

My point was I didn't have be forced to spend an extra cent just to be able to operate such a dashcam.

Actually, you didn't mention anything at all about being "forced to spend an extra cent just to be able to operate such a dashcam".

I do understand your feelings but I was responding in reply to what you actually said in your post which was "If only things worked that way here in Portugal... Everybody has to have the latest models but no one keep the old ones. They usually sell them on OLX or other similar sites to help pay for the new one. Besides, I would never go up to a friend of mine and say "Hey, I bought a new dashcam that doesn't have a screen but has WiFi. Can you give me your old smartphone so that I can set it up?". It's not in my nature. :)

In any event, I was just saying that if someone wanted to procure a cheap WiFI viewer, it could be done inexpensively.

I don't think that should be problem. The most important part is the footage leading to an accident not the aftermath.

I'm not so sure I agree with that premise. Imagine getting slammed by the impact of another vehicle which then causes your vehicle spin out of control hitting another car, or a pedestrian. It can be just as important to capture the aftermath of a crash as the crash itself.

I think best practice is to have a dash cam mounted as securely as possible as well as to make sure that it has the best chance of not losing power during an incident.

Everybody has to have the latest models but no one keep the old ones. They usually sell them on OLX or other similar sites to help pay for the new one!
So who will buy the old ones when everybody has to have the latest models ?

The clever people, because all those are tested and have no electronic child death :)

Perhaps I didn't explain myself well (that's the problem of thinking in Portuguese and writing in English. :) )
It's people who have a little more brains than the "trend followers" (i.e "everybody"). You wouldn't believe how many people living off welfare or unemployment allowance I see with brand new smartphone models. This country has more cellphones than inhabitants and smartphones are now more than conventional cellphones.

I would bite for at least one on each car, but what's tempering my enthusiasm is the GPS speed lacking MPH. Though, Matt said the firmware had already updated at least three times since he obtained his version. If they are that good at maintaining the firmware, then perhaps that's a feature that will be added. Why is that important? Because the road-side bandits that accuse you of excess speed don't know how to do simple math - and showing them (or their equally intellectually/ethically challenged counterparts in the kangaroo courtroom) that you weren't going that fast in KPH is like trying to describe rocket science to a 5yo.

Has anyone seen a review on the ddpai mini 2 anywhere? It seems to have the same specs as the m6+ but without GPS and it's the smaller cylinder shape.
Also on the ddpai website I think it says the m6+ can take a 128GB card.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

I don't think even sellers know exactly what they're selling, which makes me question these people's whole manufacturing/selling business strategy. It's like they really don't care if what they're selling is a good or bad product, as long as it sells. If I was a seller I would like to know exactly what I'm selling because I wouldn't want to have a lot of complaints and a bad reputation. They're bad for business.

this (rather unfortunately) is a very accurate analysis of the current market for 99% of the China sellers

Back