DDPai M6+ Techmoan's latest droolfest

Lanini, thanks for your suggestions. Maybe I don't have the latest codecs. I'll have to check. However, I don't have the audio problem with my A118c, which is very loud and clear.
Maybe your A118c uses a different video and audio format/codec to the M6+

I ordered the DDPai M6 Plus from an eBay seller on 7/31. I immediately got email from the sellers. I also ordered the polarizing filter (just in case I need it) and the hardwire kit designed for the camera. (Also sold on eBay). I got the whole kit for $137 US. The camera and filter are in transit. The hardwire kit has not yet shipped.

I'm a first time dash cam buyer. I did a lot of research. I probably watched 20 of Techmoan's reviews and at least that many of Andrew's as well as reading a great deal about dash cams in general including hundreds of reviews on Amazon. (What a snake pit that is!) As I learned more about dash cams, I settled on a few requirements. I wanted excellent video, acceptable audio and stealth. I really didn't care about all the fancy doodads like collision warning and lane departure warning. My car already has those. I don't need to know about traffic cameras or speed traps because I'm old. We old people tend to drive slower. (I haven't had a ticket since 1979.)

Since I have zero experience with dash cams, I thought my input might be useful. I liked the idea of a smartphone app and really didn't want a screen. Why would you want to look at what your cam is seeing when you're seeing the same thing? Isn't that what reviewing the video is for? Besides screens add to the bulkiness of the camera and increase the number of things that can go wrong.

I considered a number of other cameras, including the Rexing V1, the Toguard stealth camera, The KDLinks X1, the ZeroEdge 2.4 and the Thinkware H100. I noticed that as the price goes up so do the features I didn't care about. So I decided I wanted a quality camera without a lot of extras. Hopefully I made the right choice.

I bought the camera not because Techmoan liked it, but because the videos were crystal clear and the night video was superior to anything else I had seen. Since the whole point of a camera is to capture evidence that's usable in court, this seemed like the number one consideration to me. I also bought it because of the magnetic mount. The idea of being able to easily remove the camera and slip it in my pocket when I'm in a shady area was appealing to me. I was a little leery about the battery, but the specs seem to be acceptable so I bought it anyway. I live in Texas, but park under a carport, so the camera will only be subjected to extreme heat for brief periods of time. The highest temperature it should ever see would be around 60 degrees celsius.

I like the profile of the camera. It should hide well behind the rear view mirror and not be very visible from the front or side, which was important to me. I'm still trying to decide how to wire it. I don't think I really care about the parking mode, but OTOH it might be a nice to have feature. (I'm retired, so I don't get out much except for trips, and my only parking would be in store parking lots (grocery, hardware, gym, etc.) I don't care about time lapse photos of my garage door, so I'll probably remove the camera when I'm at home and reattach it when I go somewhere.

After it's installed and I've used it some, I'll start a thread on my experiences with it.

I have a iPhone, and the M6+ works great. Some (not all) Android users have connection issues. Are you using iPhone or Android? The standout features for me was the excellent night time videos, remote snapshot button, and time-lapsed videos.

I have an iPhone 6. My SIL works for Samsung, so I can have him try to connect his phone and see what happens.

I have an iPhone 6. My SIL works for Samsung, so I can have him try to connect his phone and see what happens.

the iOS apps are generally better than the Android versions, only because there's so much more variety of hardware spec in the Android segment

that is always valuable feedback
I thought it might be. I wonder if dash cams will be changing in the near future? I just bought a 2013 Ford Flex, and it has collision avoidance and blind spot sensing, so having that in a camera is an added expense with little added benefit. I also don't need more alarm bells and flashing lights distracting me. What I liked most about the M6 Plus was the small size and smartphone app for controlling the device (after seeing that it had excellent video quality, of course.) Sure hope the darn thing lasts. I don't need to be buying new dash cams every six months.

I wonder if dash cams will be changing in the near future?

they are always changing, it's more evolution than revolution though as they improve bit by bit with each new generation of hardware

I just bought a 2013 Ford Flex, and it has collision avoidance and blind spot sensing, so having that in a camera is an added expense with little added benefit. I also don't need more alarm bells and flashing lights distracting me.

it doesn't add any expense to have this in a camera, we have hardware with this capability that we use for other reasons, not because of these functions which we disable anyway, the aftermarket systems are a long way from being useful and in my opinion only detract from the product

What I liked most about the M6 Plus was the small size and smartphone app for controlling the device

smartphone apps are something that people find attractive, quite a lot of cameras that have apps have apps that don't work very well at all, even from the biggest sellers in the market, I think HiSilicon probably have an edge there being from a major cellphone hardware supplier

Sure hope the darn thing lasts. I don't need to be buying new dash cams every six months.

that's an unknown of course, their earlier products weren't particularly robust, this is a new generation version and no doubt they would have learnt some things from their earlier versions, it's not an export market product though so how seriously they take the export market (it's all grey market right now) remains to be seen

I also like the ball-joint mount. I am a bit of a perfectionist, so I like having the flexibility to align everything properly. The M6+ can aim left/right, up/down AND tilt horizontally. At first, I thought the ball-joint would mean having the camera hang down too much (like the old suction style dashcam), but the M6+ is actually very small and discrete. Hides just as well as the A118c that it replaced. It is especially discrete considering that the GPS unit is built into the mount.

Hello. My DDPai M6 plus video recorder ceased to work after I downloaded on phone yesterday and updated the software with AppStore. DDPai M6plus is not connected to my Iphone 4S and to my Ipad. I pressed the reset button, but it did not help. How to me to be? I ask you to help to recover operability of my device. Thanks in advance.

You need to be a little more specific. Is the red light on the camera coming on? What about the green and blue lights? Does the app not launch? Do you not see the Wifi network from the camera on your phone? Tell us exactly what's going on.

Hello. On the camera, red light (when it is on 12v) and green. I turn on your iPad wifi, which would connect the camera, insert the password and leave a message that is not the correct password. I dropped the reset button settings, and the same way that does not occur. Before updating the program I have everything worked perfectly. Is there a way to bring more factory settings of the camera?

image.png image.jpeg In the photo you can see how I push the reset and the message

After the reset, did you use the factory password - 1234567890? Or the one you created earlier?

Yes, I used the default password. I never change the default password.

I would try resetting again. Resetting should return the password to the default.

Back