Display will not turn on.

djfir0

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since yesterday this started happening, randomly. My display ont he powerucc will NOT turn on regardless of what button is pushed or screen tapped etc...

here is how it works:
when you power the unit on, via either power source. the logo shows up, indicating it is not a hardware problem with screen and then goes dark instantly and stays that way. the camera still records and functions as it should otherwise, but I cannot change any settings or anything as I cannot see.

I've been in contact with shpkorea, he seems to think its an issue with sd card formatting and he advised me to upgrade firmware. so since i've had the problem I've updated to latest firmware (even though i couldn't see while doing it) now the logo that shows up on screen before it goes dark is the panarama S instead of blackbox but still persists. I've also formatted the SD card about 100X, tried other SD cards as well as tried with no SD card... nothing seems to work..

i've read through the threads and it seems as though ONE other poster i've seen had the same problem as me, although they never posted any update information regarding the issue. anyone know how to fix this?

I think I know what other poster you're referring to. His problem was exactly the same as yours. He actually posted what the problem was: he had connected the GPS incorrectly into the AV OUT plug. Just make sure that you have nothing plugged in the AV OUT connector.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm... well it's not the same issue then because i don't even own the gps connector and nothing is in the avout plug...

damn. what to do now, seems like i'm the only one with this issue?

it doesn't make sense that the unit is defective, because the bootup still turns the display on.. to me this means no hardware is in error. it is a little odd to me that shpkorea is so convinced it's an SD card issue, when, that means, just taking the SD card and turning on w/o it should resolve the issue...

i'm lost here... i'm pretty let down as i've had this unit for less than 2 weeks and it is already failing. **sigh**

solved the issue.

i knew that some setting was not being able to be changed....

all i did was i opened it up... saw a little watch battery moved it up for a second put it back and closed it back up... now display shows fine.

i still don't know what caused this issue... but it seems that for a lot of potential problems moving the watch battery so that it loses contact and thus, rendered unable to store memory will fully reset the unit. thanks for all your help guys... hopefully my issue can help others in the future who have problems.

Back