DOD LS300W DVR

KvR said:
vko said:
Got my GT300W from the Customs Office today and I'm trying to get it to work with my Samsung 32GB MicroSDHC PRO Class 10 (MB-MGBGB/EU), but I'm getting the Memory error after 1 sec recording. Firmware is "shadow 201304181", and already tried to format the card in the camera and on Win7.
Very interesting. I have the cheaper version, a Samsung microSDHC 32GB Class 10 (MB-MPBGCEU) and that one works properly. It was formatted in the GT300W.
Okay, so you should not always buy the best. ;) The card seems to work okay on the Samsung Galaxy S4 (surprise, surprise) so it's most probably ok.

vko said:
adamus said:
I have info from our Polish forum (guy spoke with DOD UK DIstributor) that Ls300w support 64GB card but from not every manufacturer. It has to be upgraded with next firmware do it will be another good point for this cam...

niko said:
no "other manufacturers"

English is not my native language, but I read it as GT/LS300W supporting 64GB cards, but not from every CARD manufacturer. But still more information about 64GB card compatibility would be nice. jcgruspe93 had errors with SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC which is probably one of these product codes (can you check jcgruspe93 which one you have?): SDSDQUA-064G, SDSDQU-064G, SDSDQUI-064G or SDSDQB-064G (all still probably the same card). Which card did niko test, can you share the product code with us?

Got my GT300W from the Customs Office today and I'm trying to get it to work with my Samsung 32GB MicroSDHC PRO Class 10 (MB-MGBGB/EU), but I'm getting the Memory error after 1 sec recording. Firmware is "shadow 201304181", and already tried to format the card in the camera and on Win7.

EDIT: That Samsung card just kept giving those Memory errors or locking up the whole camera. So got a Transcend 32GB microSDHC Class 10 (TS32GUSDHC10) from my phone and that one seems to work fine in the GT300W. Samsung card got a place in my Samsung phone, that went quite okay for it.

i went and tested again with Sandisk microsdxc 64gb. Inserted, pushed turn on button, it started recording but other than that no other buttons reacting. Only was able to turn off with long press to on / off. Checked files, recorded well. Mine is still with older firmware. Hope after update it can record on 64gb without any glitches.

Hi i will buy a dashcam soon from foxoffer, it stands between the dod ls300w and dod ls400 which one should i buy? :)

//Gange

gange94 said:
Hi i will buy a dashcam soon from foxoffer, it stands between the dod ls300w and dod ls400 which one should i buy? :)

//Gange

Hi,
Ask them if they can provide you LS400W, - its slightly higher in price but it has few advantages over LS300W.

niko said:
gange94 said:

//Gange

Hi,
Ask them if they can provide you LS400W, - its slightly higher in price but it has few advantages over LS300W.

I did it now, i thought LS400 and LS400W was the same thing, whats the difference? Thanks for fast answer.

gange94 said:
niko said:
gange94 said:

//Gange

Hi,

I did it now, i thought LS400 and LS400W was the same thing, whats the difference? Thanks for fast answer.

"W" at the end means WDR or wide dynamic range. It records better night videos.

gange94 said:
niko said:
gange94 said:

//Gange

Hi,

"W" at the end mean WDR or wide dynamic range. It records better night videos.

niko said:
niko said:
gange94 said:

//Gange

Hi,

"W" at the end mean WDR or wide dynamic range. It records better night videos.[/quote]

The other big difference between the LS400 and the LS400W is the 6-piece glass for sharper images and most importantly an aperture value of F1.6 that is better than the DR32's F2.0 or other's at F2.6 or even F2.8. The lower the F value, the better it is at gathering light.

More here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aperture

In the DSLR world, look at the prices of these prime lenses (which any dash cam is):

F1.2 - $1,439
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-Lens-D ... Canon+f1.2

F1.4 - $350
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Standard-Me ... Canon+f1.4

F1.8 - $110
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Ca ... Canon+f1.8

Last edited by a moderator:
I have LS300W, it is nice cam, I created video compare with chinese GS5000,you see different. In future I create video from night.

niko said:
For some time DOD official website had firmware update for LS300W, but probably after many so called generic TioTech products can be updated with same firmware, they removed update.

They still have firmware instruction up:

Update Instruction

but after clicking on download and decompress "LS300W_130328.rar" new page takes to DOD download page which does not have firmware update any more for LS300W:

http://dod-tech.com/downloads.php

Thanks to FoxOffer they own website tech support, you can find update here:

http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2013/05/22 ... -firmware/

Looks like FoxOffer has removed the link for the Firmware update as well now.
member billknow (FoxOffer) also posted in this thread that the latest DOD Firmware is 1305230-SC-2 which is nowhere to be found.

There will be a new firmware released for GT300W, When I got it I will post on the forum.
The new firmware improved:
1. licence number stamp
2. AWB
3. Image flip

billknow said:
There will be a new firmware released for GT300W, When I got it I will post on the forum.

2. AWB
it needs this, white balance is terrible at the moment, at least it is in version 1306130-SC-2

billknow said:
1. licence number stamp
2. AWB
3. Image flip

I guess gt300w firmware update can be also used on ls300w and gt350w, or not ?

niko said:
billknow said:
1. licence number stamp
2. AWB
3. Image flip

I guess gt300w firmware update can be also used on ls300w and gt350w, or not ?
I am not sure for GT350W, because GT350W is from different company.
I think LS300W has used this firmware.

GT350W can use GT300W firmware, but some features will be lost.

AWB - useful
Would like the up and down buttons to adjust the WB as well though

The GT300W new firmware version is 1306180-SC-2,
IMG_0017.jpg

billknow said:
The GT300W new firmware version is 1306180-SC-2,
IMG_0017.jpg

And when may I ask (as one of your customers) can I have the latest Firmware?

Back