Does this exist in a dashcam?

JustSmurf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking for a dashcam that I can record in real time to a computer (Surface Pro) that will be mounted inside the car. Basically I currently am livestreaming Uber/Lyft rides via a secondary phone, and would prefer to have the added control of a computer to manage the stream when needed instead of doing it through mobile apps.

Does this exist at all? I know most daschams record to an SD card, but I am wanting one that is connected via USB that captures the video to the computer instead.

Does this exist at all? Theoretically I could mount some webcams in the car to achieve what I am looking for....but I'd rather find a legit dashcam if possible.

Some will provide an rtsp stream over wifi which can be recorded by various applications, including ffmpeg.

There is a post somewhere showing how to stream to YouTube live from the Gitup Git2 via rstp using ffmpeg on a computer

As far as I know it is only Novatek based dashcams that can and I don't know which have it enabled, although the one currently in my car does. Bitrate doesn't look very high, but you wont want it high anyway.

It may also be possible to use webcam mode via USB, again the Gitup Git2 can do that, I'm not sure what else can.

I just plugged a Mobius into my Windows 10 PC and was able to record video to the PC using the inbuilt Camera app in Win10. The video was 1080p at 18fps, 10Mbps.

I don't know anything about the software you would need to be able to livestream that video, either in addition to or instead of storing it locally.

Back