DR500 GW

gd_low

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Dash Cam
dr500gw
Does anyone have dashcam keep rebooting issue?
Sound likes "Start normal recording"after 1 to 2 second "camera is shuting down" and repeat and repeat again.

low

You have a power connection problem How did you set it up Just a ciggy socket or a Power Magic.
If a power magic where did you connect the wires

hi,
Just direct connect to 12v power supply.
Thank for your replies.

Yes but how Did u just jam a wire down the side of a fuse or wind two wires together or what.

Hillbilly,

Please see attached picture. This is how i am connect the dashcam directly to external power supply. Anyway, i already dismantle mine dashcam and trying to figure it out.
Thks

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 19
Why didn't you just plug it in the car ciggy lighter socket like everyone else does You have ruined warranty and haven't even used it yet There is only 10 volts showing on that thing when a car would normally have 12.8

Have you got the polarity around the right way as that is not a standard power connection cable.
It could be the centre hole in your cable is not the right diameter and is disconnecting intermittently

Have you taken it outside to get a GPS fix

I did heatsink modification on it before this issue happened. Let me explain that, minimum operating voltage is 8V, so 10v have sufficient power to turn the dashcam on(even adjust to 12.8v still keep rebooting).
Polarity is corrent. This power cable is modified by myself and is 100% working on mine DR500 gw before.

sounds like you have shorted something Havent found the need for a heatsink.

Luckily dashcam back to normal after using heatgun to heating one side of PCBA. I was thinking that ,is components dry joint issue. It maybe due to the high temp of this blackvue dashcam. Anyway thanks for your kindness.

Back