DR650GW-2CH

Just got myself a brand new BlackVue DR650GW-2CH and I'm already having issues with the rear camera.

For some reason, the rear cam doesn't always work (turn on). I think it has something to do with the settings (via the iPhone app).

If I turn on/off the 'Security LED on Parking mode' or 'Security LED on Normal mode', the rear cam will work after the unit asks for a reboot. The rear cam will work for a bit then stop. Doesn't stop working after a certain amount of time, just randomly stops.

I know the rear cam is getting enough power, otherwise it wouldn't turn on at all.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm lost?

such problems with the rear camera were 550, they are repeated on the 650?

Just got myself a brand new BlackVue DR650GW-2CH and I'm already having issues with the rear camera.

For some reason, the rear cam doesn't always work (turn on). I think it has something to do with the settings (via the iPhone app).

If I turn on/off the 'Security LED on Parking mode' or 'Security LED on Normal mode', the rear cam will work after the unit asks for a reboot. The rear cam will work for a bit then stop. Doesn't stop working after a certain amount of time, just randomly stops.

I know the rear cam is getting enough power, otherwise it wouldn't turn on at all.

Hi, I have issue at the rear when there is any new setting and require a reboot, my rear camera will turn all purplish image. Another reboot will resolve the issue.
There will be no effect on rear camera if toggle Security LED on Normal and Parking mode. The rear will still light up. Same as DR550GW.

Hi, I have issue at the rear when there is any new setting and require a reboot, my rear camera will turn all purplish image. Another reboot will resolve the issue.
There will be no effect on rear camera if toggle Security LED on Normal and Parking mode. The rear will still light up. Same as DR550GW.

I don't get the purple image, so I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

Hello,

Sorry to hear of this problem, you can contact your supplier of the camera to organise a replacement, or we can take care of this for you.

Hello,

Sorry to hear of this problem, you can contact your supplier of the camera to organise a replacement, or we can take care of this for you.

Hi, is the rear camera full purple tint issue normal?
By the way, is the new firmware coming on the way?

Good point! I would love to find out when the new firmware is coming out and what fixes/enhancements have been made. A change log would be great.

Hello,

It looks like I've narrowed down the issue. It's either a faulty cable (the one that runs from the front camera to the back camera, that looks like an SMA connector) or it's the connector on the actual front camera. I've noticed that if I touch the cable slightly (I mean really soft) the back camera turns off, like the power has been cut. If I reboot the DR650GW-2CH, the back camera comes back online as per normal.

I repeated this step of touching the cable about 5 times and on each of those occasions, the back camera turned off. Nothing visually wrong with the cable that I could see. The connector on both ends (on the cable and on the cameras) are clean, no dust/hair/dirt, etc.

I think I might try a replacement cable to begin with, hopefully that will fix the issue.

Such a shame that the first BlackVue unit I have ever bought has quality issues like this. I suppose it happens, hey.

Have u got it pushed in fully Some take a bit of a push to get them fully home

Just a note not to push it too hard though. You will hear a click when you press it. At this point, the golden connector would still be visible.
I have a seen a video of someone damaging the rear cam on a 550 by pushing it too hard.

I definitely haven't pushed it in too hard, but did push it softly enough until I heard the click.

I've contacting my supplier here in Australia who is organising a replacement to be sent out to me. Front & Rear cams & also a new cable. They are going to have a look at my devices that I've sent back to them. Hopefully they find something and report it back to BlackVue :)

It looks like I've narrowed down the issue. It's either a faulty cable (the one that runs from the front camera to the back camera, that looks like an SMA connector) or it's the connector on the actual front camera. I've noticed that if I touch the cable slightly (I mean really soft) the back camera turns off, like the power has been cut. If I reboot the DR650GW-2CH, the back camera comes back online as per normal.

I repeated this step of touching the cable about 5 times and on each of those occasions, the back camera turned off. Nothing visually wrong with the cable that I could see. The connector on both ends (on the cable and on the cameras) are clean, no dust/hair/dirt, etc.

I think I might try a replacement cable to begin with, hopefully that will fix the issue.

Such a shame that the first BlackVue unit I have ever bought has quality issues like this. I suppose it happens, hey.

I do not have such rear power cut issue. However, I heard that DR650 cable is a replacement

I do not have such rear power cut issue. However, I heard that DR650 cable is a replacement

From what I've been told, the DR650 cable is also a suitable replacement for the DR550 and DR750 models

Well, I really have to hand it to the guys at autoblackbox.com.au. They were able to send out replacements (front and rear cams & coax cable) and it was received extremely quick.

The issue is now fixed.

Not sure at this stage whether it was the coax cable or the 'V In' connector on the front cam, but the new replacements seem to have a better connection. The faulty unit seemed a little wobbly, as in it wiggled a bit.

One very happy BlackVue DR650GW owner!!! :):):)

Hi, I am using Samsung EVO 64Gb card and nearly every 3 days I need to restart blackvue in order for it to continue recording as it will prompt “Please check your SD card”.

Once restart, it will continue recording. I trace the last video recorded and it cannot be played. I have format my card again.

Hi, I am using Samsung EVO 64Gb card and nearly every 3 days I need to restart blackvue in order for it to continue recording as it will prompt “Please check your SD card”.

Once restart, it will continue recording. I trace the last video recorded and it cannot be played. I have format my card again.

The first thing I did with my new SD card before inserting it into the dashcam was format it using the BlackVue software app in Windows, then I inserted it into the Dashcam, held down the Wi-Fi button for 10 seconds and let that format the card again. Haven't had any issues following that method.

For my DR650GW, I'm using Sandisk Ultra Micro SD SDXC UHS-I 64GB Class 10 30MB/s.

Hi, is the rear camera full purple tint issue normal?
My 650 is turning to this .... I am speechless. But I feel it needs a different firmware log.
11111111.jpg

Well, I really have to hand it to the guys at autoblackbox.com.au. They were able to send out replacements (front and rear cams & coax cable) and it was received extremely quick.

The issue is now fixed.

Not sure at this stage whether it was the coax cable or the 'V In' connector on the front cam, but the new replacements seem to have a better connection. The faulty unit seemed a little wobbly, as in it wiggled a bit.

One very happy BlackVue DR650GW owner!!! :):):)

I'm having exactly the same issue :mad:

Do you know what caused it? I hope it wasn't the cable as it was hell tucking it away all as I wanted to do a pro job!

Back