Drive it like you stole it

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
This guy was definitely driving his car like he stole it - all with a child seat in the back:

We were doing the limit (40mph) bang on and he absolutely flew by. I've got to admit I've not seen anyone driving that much above the limit for a long time - everyone seems to have slowed down since petrol and diesel got ridiculously expensive!

Yeah somthing must be on fire, i often see ppl doing + 100 % speed.

But sadly when i have seen then since i got a dashcam, it is allways on the days where i fogot the SD Card at home.
Gotta pick up some spares to have at home and in the car.

He was flying! Btw Rev you have the patience of a saint. Somebody was not in their happy place.

Wow, that some crazy "Russian" like driving right there, glad they passed without losing control. I heard you call out the plate, can you report the driver? That's beyond reckless

No you can't report them as far as I know - some dashcams come with a free 12 month subscription to something called Police Witness (http://policewitness.com/) but to be honest as nothing actually happened I doubt they're much use and potentially those services would just cause the real police too much noise - they'd need someone vetting everything coming in to see which ones they actually are interested in.

The thing is if it was a muscle type car I love seeing them driven properly when I'm on my own and the conditions are safe (usually a race track these days) but this was a small Kia with a 1.4 litre 88bhp engine so he's had his foot down for a long time to get to that speed - if anyone had been coming the other way he wouldn't be able to stop in time as the brakes will be crap in it and your mindset does totally change when kids are on board! Must be old age making me sensible!

As for the little one she wanted to be out playing - we were a few mins from home and she cheered up the second she got out the car :)

We call them "Kamikaze"-drivers. Nothing good for himself and others.

The thing is if it was a muscle type car I love seeing them driven properly when I'm on my own and the conditions are safe (usually a race track these days) but this was a small Kia with a 1.4 litre 88bhp engine so he's had his foot down for a long time to get to that speed - if anyone had been coming the other way he wouldn't be able to stop in time as the brakes will be crap in it and your mindset does totally change when kids are on board! Must be old age making me sensible!
Agreed, the car makes all the difference, someone overtook me in a 40 limit yesterday, had it been a "small Kia with a 1.4 litre 88bhp engine" then I would have objected to the speed, but it wasn't, so I tried to "put the pedal to the metal" too. My car has carpet in the way though, just doesn't sound the same!

Yeah, I had a Drive It Like You Stole It today as well.

This guy in a WRX STi was two cars behind me at the light, and there were two left turning lanes of vehicles. He weaved through all of the traffic fast and blew by me barely a few seconds after the turn. Then blasted off at the next set of lights as well.

ever driven an STI though? i got to drive a friend's 04 with racing slicks (marked "Treadwear 40, not for highway use") at an event and i've wanted one ever since. but since i'm not willing to take out a big car loan, i'll continue to drive a '98 camry to work and back, and a '97 miata (with about 180k miles on it!) will remain my weekend/race car.

Back