DV988 Motorcycle dashcam

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Numerous and ever-changing
Liking the "Smart Recording" feature- very innovative (y) Also like that every part is waterproof and how tidy the the cables are where they plug into the head unit :)

What cam cable lengths are available? (might add that to your webpage). And what would be the maximum for those? I ask because this might find it's way into cars and trucks needing waterproof outside cams.

Good Job once again!
Phil

OP
estore009

estore009

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
B1W/B2W/Mini0906/DV688/B1M/DV988
It is okay for cars/trucks usage. The extra extension cable is available if a 5.7 meters (in total) cable not enough for installation!

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Look very nice, but it is only my friend that have motorcycle, i am not brave enough to drive those with all the poor car drivers around.

Liam gibbins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DV988
Look very nice, but it is only my friend that have motorcycle, i am not brave enough to drive those with all the poor car drivers around.

Cough cough mostly BMW and Audi drivers where I live but it's not limited to them, there just the worst of a bad bunch lol

34Ford

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I just watched a review of the DV988 and I see one thing that is a problem. You cannot tilt the camera mounts like the DV688. Your only option is to bend the mount and that can be problematic.

34Ford

Reaction score
Country
United States
All of the pictures I see (and video) including the Blueskysea website does not have the screw for tilt. Has that been changed?

Attachments

• cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 5
  • cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 5

Donnie

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 51595

FYI, the DV988 motorcycle dashcam was released last month!
You can get more details about it on our website
Welcome to try it out!
I just installed this unit on my bike. I'm very happy with the performance and operation. It takes great video and pictures. The gps is a nice feature as well. No more worries about getting caught in the rain with the unit.

Donnie

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just installed this unit on my bike. I'm very happy with the performance and operation. It takes great video and pictures. The gps is a nice feature as well. No more worries about getting caught in the rain with the unit.
Installed on my Burgman 650 Executive.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

34Ford

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just ordered one from Newegg. Looking forward to not having the stiff buttons on the dv688.

Donnie

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just ordered one from Newegg. Looking forward to not having the stiff buttons on the dv688.
I know you will be happy with the 988. The touch screen really is nice.

VanKo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Liking the "Smart Recording" feature- very innovative (y) Also like that every part is waterproof and how tidy the the cables are where they plug into the head unit :)

What cam cable lengths are available? (might add that to your webpage). And what would be the maximum for those? I ask because this might find it's way into cars and trucks needing waterproof outside cams.

Good Job once again!
Phil

This is exactly where I’m stuck. I have a Chevy Express windowless cargo van. I keep coming back to this camera because it’s perfect. My only problem is having to wait weeks for the extension cables to come from China. Plus I don’t use Amazon and I’m having a hard time finding a US seller that has them in stock.

becsta

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Hi any chance up can post some of the pictures. Do you just press the button on the remote to take pictures? Do it take front and back pictures?

Donnie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi any chance up can post some of the pictures. Do you just press the button on the remote to take pictures? Do it take front and back pictures?
Yes you can take pictures by pressing the button and it take a picture from both cameras.

becsta

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yes you can take pictures by pressing the button and it take a picture from both cameras.

Thanks for the info and the pictures. Can you post some pictures taken with the camera so I can see the quality. Cheers