Eliminating a Mini 0806 shake / vibration ( quick and simple DIY )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Earlier I have reported about Mini 0806 vibrating depending on a car engine RPM

I took some black coloured hard "packaging sponge", cut to fit between windshield and Mini0806. Fixed to wind-shield with clear 3M double-sided tape.
Now the are no dashcam vibration.

I have few more ideas in my mind, but quickest was the one below.

Mini 0806 antivibrating (1).jpg

Mini 0806 antivibrating (2).jpg

Mini 0806 antivibrating (3).jpg

Mini 0806 antivibrating (4).jpg

Mini 0806 antivibrating (5).jpg

Mini 0806 antivibrating (6).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
like buying a rolls royce and having to push it to start it....!!!!!

like buying a rolls royce and having to push it to start it....!!!!!
I'm sure there would be no vibration problem in a Rolls Royce, nobody would buy a Rolls Royce with a diesel engine!

Although Rolls Royce do make some fine diesel engines.

B40 style housing would minimize jello effect.

No, please show how it's mounted. If its a bumpy road, maybe it's the CPL filter, I know my rattles on bumps. My isn't that bad.

No, please show how it's mounted. If its a bumpy road, maybe it's the CPL filter, I know my rattles on bumps. My isn't that bad.
Yes, it is the filter. I still see the camera shake but no noise when I remove the filter. The noise comes back when I put the filter back.

Mini should fix the camera shake.
They could also put a thin piece of rubber around the filter to stop the noise.

@ boston's mike

Yes my old blackvue dr500 and a no named Chinese Dvr both suffered from this background noise, never did get to the bottom of what caused it

Niko, I'm having similar problems. Is the packaging sponge solution still working for you?

Niko, I'm having similar problems. Is the packaging sponge solution still working for you?

Haven't used it lately, back then it worked fine for me, however if you do have upgraded sound system with powerful subwoofer, - I dont think any solution will help. For normal sound system listening at normal volume levels I think it helps in most cars. At least it is low cost solution and worth to try.

Thanks for your response. My vibration issue, and others on this forum, tend to be windshield vibration issues, not subwoofers. I wonder if your solution would work in those instances.

Thanks for your response. My vibration issue, and others on this forum, tend to be windshield vibration issues, not subwoofers. I wonder if your solution would work in those instances.

Problem with 08xx series is that their centre of gravity is shifted to the side, there for you can get wobbly effect. Sponge-type fixed this issue in my car. Of course if due to different reasons your car windshield heavily cibrates, then not solution will help. Best is just to try it out and see how it works for you. For quick test n try cut some ruff piece from your kitchen dishwasher sponge and see if it fixes issue for you. If yes, then go looking for black coloured and cut it to fit nicely.

Okay, will do.

Did you happen to have any noise issues with your 0806? Kinda sounds like high pitched hard drive access and crackling noises.

Okay, will do.

Did you happen to have any noise issues with your 0806? Kinda sounds like high pitched hard drive access and crackling noises.

To be honest, I don't remember at this stage any more. Maybe best to ask from other 0806 members in other thread. I havnt used 0806 for quite long time and due to getting old I keep forgetting stuff :)

Back