English Manual: Constant power supply (battery discharge prevention) device, MS Multi Safer

My day had a shaky start, (I'm near Napa, California, 6.1 quake this morning) but I eventually found time to install this devise. The manual on this thread may be in English, but it was this close to giving me a nosebleed. Why they can't hire a competent English "speaking" technical writer is beyond me.

Wiring it using both Acc and Constant leads was pretty straightforward, and it tests OK in the driveway. Tomorrow I'll take the car out, so I'll test the "parking" mode.

... Let us know how the hard wire kit works out.

First time out with the hard wire kit, doing errands around town. It works as designed. When in ACC mode, camera shuts off when engine is turned off. When in Constant mode, camera stays on even after the engine is turned off. I had it set to 12.2 volts and infinite timing, but I didn't intend to test the cut off feature at this time. Didn't want to unnecessarily drain my new battery.

The following is more of a commentary about the Panorama G than the "constant power supply device". First stop, a friend's house, where I parked on a quiet residential street. I was gone for over an hour, and the camera stayed on the whole time. I assume the trees moving in the wind down the street triggered motion detection. Next stop was a strip mall, where I parked facing the building facade. This time recording stopped when there was no foot traffic in front, i.e., within the viewing field of the camera. Then it resumed (and created a new file) when it detected movement. Anybody knows how long without movement before it stops recording? I made a couple more additional stops, same results.

hey guys, I was helping a buddy install his cam with this device.
we did not route through the fuse box but instead piggybacked off of the dome light for a clean install. We ended up routing the Red and Yellow wires together and hooked it up to a positive source.
My question is, is it alright to do that? meaning red and yellow to same source.

Please help

hey guys, I was helping a buddy install his cam with this device.
we did not route through the fuse box but instead piggybacked off of the dome light for a clean install. We ended up routing the Red and Yellow wires together and hooked it up to a positive source.
My question is, is it alright to do that? meaning red and yellow to same source.

Please help

As long as your dome light will give power for at least 30-60 minutes after the car shut off, then your logic follows my original DIY project here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/wire-dashcam-interior-lights-live-feed-longer-recordings.2363/

If you don't have power after the car is shut off, it defeats the whole purpose of the low voltage cut off circuitry intended for motion detection/parking mode.
This is why it's best to have each power source wired as intended. (Yellow=Battery and Red=ACC)

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm not sure if it does or not. I am just not sure which fuse to wire it to nor how to wire to a fuse... he has an audi A5, so I am not sure, and I am the who needs to do it because he's not technical at all.

hmm not sure if it does or not. I am just not sure which fuse to wire it to nor how to wire to a fuse... he has an audi A5, so I am not sure, and I am the who needs to do it because he's not technical at all.

Newer cars are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations. BMW's are impossible to tap into the fuse without getting a fault. New Audi's might be just as bad. I would seek professional advice from a local install shop.

trying to avoid that and want to do it myself in order to save a few bucks, but thanks for the help Pier :)

trying to avoid that and want to do it myself in order to save a few bucks, but thanks for the help Pier :)

Just be careful, you don't want to void any new Audi warranty etc. If it's older less risk.

Saving $50 today could cost $1000 tomorrow etc.

Hiter202, if I were you I'd check with one of the Audi A5 forums. Tapping into the fuse box is a frequently asked question in many car forums and you should find expert advise there for the right price, free-ninety five.

By splicing yellow and red together you kill the ability to toggle between ACC and constant mode. I think this install will be in Constant mode if the dome light gets power even when engine is off.

Got it.
Will do.

So technically, the YELLOW can be connected to the dome light since its the constant ON and the RED can be connected to something that goes off once the car is off? or vice versa?

Correct, yellow goes to a power source that stays live even when the engine is off (battery). Red goes to a power source that is only live when the car engine is running or key is in accessory position.

can you please advise which setting would be best for the multisafe with regards to the dipswitches.
I am unsure which of these is the best setting. Would be great to not kill the car battery while being able to have the cam on for about 30 minutes

There's no "best" setting, it all depends on what you want. In my case, I set the battery voltage to the maximum, 12.2 volts, since my battery is new and puts out around 12.8 volts. Timing is infinite or "unlimited", I want it to shut off at 12.2 volts and not at a pre-determined time. LED is enabled.

If you want to use time instead of voltage, you can set it to the minimum, I think it says 6 hours.

Well it is a new Audi A5 so I can only assume it is a new battery in it. So it will record coninously? How can i find out how much v the battery puts out at the moment?

Well it is a new Audi A5 so I can only assume it is a new battery in it. So it will record coninously? How can i find out how much v the battery puts out at the moment?

You'll need a multi meter to read that.
Be sure to turn on Motion Detection in the Panorama settings and you'll then have smart parking mode enabled.

Do I need a multi meter or will a powerprobe with LCD do just fine?
What is a good multi meter?
What is a good probe?

Do I need a multi meter or will a powerprobe with LCD do just fine?
What is a good multi meter?
What is a good probe?

Either as long as it reads DC voltage.

For a good deal check Harbor Freight. AliExpress, Amazon, eBay.

Last edited:
Semi-related parking mode item. For your candidate battery supply circuit, check the voltage while starting (cranking starter). If the voltage source drops below about 9 volts, the Panorama (or other DC) may shut off and restart due to voltage being too low during the cranking cycle. No big deal. It just interrupts the record cycle and then re-starts automatically. Some circuits are intentionally interrupted (no volts) during start to protect them from low voltage. If you want to avoid this camera restarting behavior, look for a power source that does not drop much while cranking. All of the constant on circuits in my fuse box had too low of a voltage during cranking. I needed to move to another circuit that did not draw from the fuse panel (my car alarm). No interruption now.

Back