F750 supports 128GB micro SD card

dddd

Reaction score
Country
United States
hey guys, I am making this thread to confirm that F750 does support 128GB card even thought Thinkware only advertises it only supports up to 64GB SDXC SD card.

Here is the card I am using:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0118LR9Z8I got it for $59.99. Don't be scared by the current price. It can be lower.

Also, this camera is very picky on cards. Whichever one it is not compatible with, it will just not start up and give you a error message.
I would say if you want less hassle, stick with famous brands like Samsung, Sandisk. I tried Silicon Power and it didn't work.
Nk2DsK2eb8cIsaRX3Us_fIdnaaS4U57g9drr4WCfUmLv0PSYTIGw3zMKdfsnmk7GNr81WTj7i407BYuFidW-Py3OY3aSWk-rlZ869sPBt4X-qmd8EKAvkC6WB7Aqs7nLOULBKJCTR7AMq2vcPVA0U-8FDijGL4XbdVcWJ0r_PxjUOWJqNXGW1akBZ-8Jm0izp3N7wsCK47TB7TWLBhhFrpC9X1kiRoVvDievBp6toYNLK9e6WPIeDZx1RyHGV9WmxB1cyi04snO6H5D3pWzwNfaS5ZMgZiztHT8fUB6igNhD39OCErYGD-48JJq0AqsHbeJm4ZwaqbCBEff-tXPo2QcHrKUkAjpQLoB2kdgqwxdDwm-q25jPTM_0amWdzBXV_R5ZE8UrWzDHtN6_5tC6fExdZ8sPK5GPp-owgKqazqoCa1qCIN8h-IpTk2BPEpdDNRRv4AqEYPR4KeSsjb4x3ElY6rPsvZ0hiAgmlI0xdDNwcrsWQWjf2_H2_uAaoIbneLabCWlbb5xBlhBvgUitj6z3sDUwwPK4uNBFLvB2k4RnVq1IzYTECYjn7x8-T-6Unln6sQ=w358-h636-no

Last edited:
samsung evo 128GB - test OK
ADATA Premier 128GB - test OK
Kingston 128GB - test OK

above memory cards works just fine.

Sandisk 128GB - not sure but looks like there is some intermittent errors...NOT RECOMENDED so far....

screenkpk.jpg

screenaea.jpg

Last edited:
BTW ever since I was stung by getting a fake SD card (16GB but only 4GB was real) I have checked every single SD card I buy with H2testw

Being new to this dash cam scene can any one tell me the pro,s and cons of having a high sd card? The reason i ask is that i.m on the road for 12 hrs a day ,I,m currently running a original thinkware 64 bit card and wondered what the benefits would be for me .Thanks

The only con is the cost and as I understand it, potentially slower access with the PC viewer (although I didn't notice anything moving from 32GB to 128GB).

The pro is that you have more space to store clips before they get overwritten, and to be able to categorise incident recordings as safe (are not overwritten). Obviously continuous recordings are always overwritten. If you check the recording times on the Thinkware website you can see how much space there is - for a 64GB card after 4 hours* the clips will start being overwritten. So if something happens in the morning that you want to save (and it wasn't an incident and you didn't get to press manual record), then either you'll need to stop and download the clip(s) to a device, stop and change to a fresh card, or have a bigger card. Plenty of people (including myself) have used a 128GB with success, but that's still 'only' 8 hours*. I read somewhere that you can get even bigger cards but I haven't heard anyone reporting success using anything bigger.

Thats' for dual camera mode - if you are only using the camera for front recording then the duration is twice that.

My software often freezes with my 128gb. does not seem to be the case with the 32...

Also a new problem arose: yesterday i could no longer download older clips to my phone via wifi.
only fairly recent ones.

the ipohne app said "retry after deleting videos to free up memory".

Though the camera does keep recording as it should (checked card with pc today)

imo seems also related to the size of the card.

think somebody mention somewhere on this board that the camera is not actually use
th full storage of the 128gb. ..?

This seems to be true as the camera overwrites continious recording clips
when the card is only abt half full...

Last edited:
I'm not sure if my symptoms are the same, but if I'm going through playback of clips in the PC viewer, occasionally there will be a pause of a few seconds after one clip ends and the next starts. I didn't spend much time with the 32GB card so I don't know if this is unique to my 128GB card. I have never tried downloading clips over wifi - my whole point of having a 128Gb card is that I don't need to do that and can just take the card to my PC instead.

what are your thoughts on the camera not using the full 128gb?
have you checked this?

I shall check. I have my dashcam set to mode C.

Depending on the way it's set up, ie. Type A in the picture above, the camera may only use about 60% of the card for normal continuous recording and then leave the rest for incident continous, motion parking, incident parking and manual.

As noted mine is on type C which is 53.6% for continuous. I can't remember exactly when but the dashcam asked me to format my card 1-2 weeks ago and I don't drive my car every day and most of my trips are short, so the card is certainly not full. However right now in Windows Explorer it shows 73.2GB used from 119GB. The cont_rec folder is 53.8GB (688 files) which is 45% of the card. I'll check again in a few days but it appears that the card is being used and it is certainly not a case that although it accepts a 128GB card it only uses 64GB!

As noted mine is on type C which is 53.6% for continuous. I can't remember exactly when but the dashcam asked me to format my card 1-2 weeks ago and I don't drive my car every day and most of my trips are short, so the card is certainly not full. However right now in Windows Explorer it shows 73.2GB used from 119GB. The cont_rec folder is 53.8GB (688 files) which is 45% of the card. I'll check again in a few days but it appears that the card is being used and it is certainly not a case that although it accepts a 128GB card it only uses 64GB!

so from reading this are you saying the camera excepts the 128GB sd card but the maximum it will allow you to use is the recommended max 64 GB as if the camera will only allow that much . If that is the case there is no point getting another sd card any bigger than 64GB!

No it will use all of the 128GB but may reserve portions of the card for various types of recordings.

No it will use all of the 128GB but may reserve portions of the card for various types of recordings.

Oh so what would be the settings to have it on? Or would it be personal preference!. Also when putting a bigger sd card in is it just a case of putting the new one in and off you go or do you have to download firmware etc on it 1st

Just pop in the new card. You only have to put the firmware on if you're update the camera. The camera will initialize/format the card when you put it in. You pick 3 different options type a, b or c as per the pic above.

so from reading this are you saying the camera excepts the 128GB sd card but the maximum it will allow you to use is the recommended max 64 GB as if the camera will only allow that much . If that is the case there is no point getting another sd card any bigger than 64GB!

Sorry, perhaps I did not make my comment clear, maybe it should have been written:
I'll check again in a few days but it appears that the card is being used and it is certainly NOT a case of it accepts a 128GB card but it only uses 64GB!

Since I bought my car new this year I am still paranoid about its safety and security, particularly when parked. So my reason for choosing type C was to maximise available space for parked mode. Anyone who is more concerned with driving recording should choose type A.

Just to follow up on this. My F750 is asking for a format so I checked the card. It shows 82GB used out of 119GB. The cont_rec folder is 61.8GB (790 files) which is 52% of the card.

Back