Falcon Zero F170HD (By IncrediSonic) VS. FX625 (By SplashETech)

Steve Coderre

Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, so I am currently researching CAR Dashcams, and came across these two, both look very good!

Anyone care to chime in ?

Thanks guys for your information! So, basically, you guys are saying that neither one of these cams (FX625-$99.00 or the F170HD-$140.00) are really "new",
but instead are remakes of what is already on the market, and they suck? I am just looking for a good, solid camera for my daughters car, not anything considered
junkie, or unreliable, but also I cannot afford hundreds of $$$ either.....suggestions my new friends?

Thanks guys, nice to feel welcomed here ;-)

IDEAWORKS ? ANY GOOD????

Manufacturer Jobar International
Mfg Part# JB7259

http://www.upcitemdb.com/upc/841110125715

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/ideawor...riving-traffic-road-conditions/281596598.html

Great for recording driving, traffic and road conditions. Ideal for recording accidents to provide visual evidence to police and the insurance company. Has a 2.5" LCD screen, easily mounts on your windshield, and swivels for desired view. Records up to 20 mins. with built-in rechargeable battery and supports up to 32GB memory card (not included). Comes with USB transfer cable and car charger.

Not a lot of information there but from the picture it looks to be similar to this -
https://dashcamtalk.com/dvr-207/

If it is 720 isn't much to brag about.

Man, my head ready to explode...hours upon hours of reviewing all the aspects of these dang things....ugh!

Specs don't mean too much if something won't last or be reliable long term. (many suffer heat related focus shift) I'd stick to the recommended products unless you like trial/error and don't mind disappointment when trying lesser known fringe products.

Also, many of the budget priced items are made by multiple factories with wildly varying quality controls and internal parts used.

http://www.everbuying.net/product544775.html?currency=USD&everbuying_shopping

Brand: DOME
Model G30

One area states 170 degree angle view, bottom, under specs, it says only 120 deg....hmmm....
I can't speak about the G30 as I don't have one. Other users may have posted some information so a search of the forums may turn up something for you.

Take specifications like that with a grain of salt. My G1W-H claims it's 160 degrees, my SG9665GC is 135 degrees. The 'GC' is actually wider than the G1W-H by a few degrees.

Edit: 135 degrees is more than enough. This from my SG9665GC -

Last edited:
Hi again guys, I went out today and purchased a GD-250, made by GiiNii Tech Corporation 2160 Lundy avenue, suite 210 San jose, CA. 95131. Designed in usa, made in China it says on box. Cost was $68.97, and a 32gb SanDisk ultra plus (48mb/s) for $19.95, plus 6.00 for 2 year warranty protection, so..$103.30 spent...we will see how my daughter likes it in the coming days/weeks.

I WILL POST UPDATES, as she let's me know guys, thanks.

Hi again guys, I went out today and purchased a GD-250, made by GiiNii Tech Corporation 2160 Lundy avenue, suite 210 San jose, CA. 95131. Designed in usa, made in China it says on box. Cost was $68.97, and a 32gb SanDisk ultra plus (48mb/s) for $19.95, plus 6.00 for 2 year warranty protection, so..$103.30 spent...we will see how my daughter likes it in the coming days/weeks.

I WILL POST UPDATES, as she let's me know guys, thanks.

FYI: That one looks like a typical basic camera from a run of the mill factory in China. (rebranded over and over again) You might end up having to exercise that warranty. Let's hope it doesn't fail after there's been an incident you need critical video from. Batteries are a bad idea in a hot car, super capacitors are the way to go in higher quality systems.

Here are some of the reviews from Amazon/Walmart

>>"1.0 out of 5 stars Inferior quality, worked well for 5 months.
After 5 months, it is dying a slow death. Never been dropped, only suction cupped to the window of my car. The "li-ion" battery quit charging about a week ago, now the recordings are "jittery". Contacting GiiNii customer support via phone says "too bad" it only has a 90 day warranty. They'll repair it for $$$ after I get an RMA and pay for shipping. I suspect in the end, it will run me over 2/3 the cost of a new camera. I guess I'll cut my losses and hope I can help prevent any of you from purchasing one. Hey GiiNii - answer your customerservice emails (never answered one)."

>>"1.0 out of 5 stars I did a fairly long review with pros/cons, features ...
ByEAZon July 1, 2015
I did a fairly long review with pros/cons, features etc, but for some reason Amazon rejected it.
So here is the short version:
The unit is poorly made and I'm having problems. It's only 2.5 months old.
The included power adapter failed.
The screen is failing.
No warranty support from the manufacturer."

>>"Cons: The car adapter "broke" after 2 months of use. After sales support is NIL. The reset button do not work. I almost throw it away when it stopped recording for several days - but I managed to reset it to default factory settings and it started recording again.
Conclusion: This unit is for persistent tech savvy buyers only."

>>"No Quality Control, Big Waste of Time
6/12/2015
Customer review by Chris
1.0 stars by Chris
After watching several Youtube reviews and comparison I was excited to rush out and buy one of these dash cams, so I did. The picture resolution/quality was great but that is where the hype ends. The unit would not record and audio so I returned it to Walmart and bought another thinking maybe that the unit was just bad. The second, replacement camera was basically the same, good video no sound. I contacted tech support and was told that I should do a firmware flash update. Luckily I was computer savvy enough to do this, although I realized that 90% of user wouldn't have any idea what this even meant. Okay back on topic. The firmware update did not fix anything, in fact it made the unit useless. So no back to Walmart to exchange again because for the price the unit did have great quality image just no sound. I really wanted this think to work. Now I am on my 4th camera within 3 weeks. Again I contacted support so they could walk me thru the setup in hopes of getting the audio to record. The female that was support to be a tech had to keep putting me on hold so she could ask a real tech what to try next. After several attempts I decided that I should not have to deal with this much trouble and decided to just return for a refund and go buy a different brand. BTW- I never write a review but felt strong enough against this unit to share my experience."

>>"Quite disappointing
This is the 2nd one I purchased - returned the 1st since it simply wouldn't work. Once recording, the controls will not work - cannot stop (and then re-start) recording, can't get to the Menu, pressing "mode" simply blacks out the screen. If I stop the vehicle, it continues to record for a while, then stops, locking the device. I have to unplug it from 12vdc and let the inner battery run down until the device shuts down. Plugging it back into 12vdc gets it working again - sort of. Sometimes, it simply stops recording and locks up the device while I'm driving. Will probably return this one as well and find a different dash cam."

Well, there is only one way to truly find out, and that is to use and see. I will post updates here on the usage of the GD-250.
Will be the families first car dash cam, so it will be a learning process for sure, but nothing we cannot get experienced at over
the course of time.

And, BTW, any review or comments made by me will be truly mine, and honest. I call it like I see it,
that has pleased people in the past, and also pissed them off, LOL. But, I am honest, period. As a former
Army Infantry 11B of 20 years, that is simply my nature.

I have been in a bunch of these falcon zero discussion forums...I recommend XXXXX ...all their products I have used are better then I would have ever expected! XXXXX

Click the link and then go to "What's in the box/ Specification" and check out everything it has to offer...don't own this one but I have a friend with this model and a family member and they both are huge fans and they have some pretty cool footage they were able to get! Hope that helps!

wow, if this post doesn't prove the point that this camera is spammed everywhere. User registered today, 3 posts, all about this camera. Never seen such an enduring effort to push hardware onto someone.

Back