FAT32 formatting

The formatting was successful. The camera just won't record anymore. I finally downloaded the owners manual, and it says the camera supports UP TO a 32 gb card, so i don't know how ive been having success with a 64 all this time. So i just now got back from the store with a 32 gb card. Well see how it works. Thanks.
Maybe check to see if there have been any firmware updates.

Where would i find that, on their web site? Which sucks. It's one big commercial.

and it says the camera supports UP TO a 32 gb card, so i don't know how ive been having success with a 64 all this time.

It's not so much the size it's the format. Boxes say that so customers won't flood a company with questions and complaints when they just pop a 64 card in and it doesn't work and because of the work you have to do to use a 64gb card when a 32 is pop and go

Sent from my pocket

Many but not all cams will work with 64GB cards as long as they use the intended file format (usually FAT32). Some cams will work similarly with 128GB cards. It's usually the cheapest cams which won't work with cards larger than what is advertised.

Phil

Many but not all cams will work with 64GB cards as long as they use the intended file format (usually FAT32). Some cams will work similarly with 128GB cards. It's usually the cheapest cams which won't work with cards larger than what is advertised.

Phil
I think someone talked me into going with 64 awhile ago but i didn't understand that there was a special re-format process and that it was a bitch to do. Regardless, i plugged in a brand new 32 gb card and it's working fine again. Thanks to everyone who chimed in. Maybe the card got damaged or corrupted.

Check the old card with the "h2testw" freeware- choose a full check and over-write. That will take some time to run but it will show any problems with the card. With a 64GB Transcend my cheap 3 1/2 year old laptop takes about an hour to do it. Even if the card tests 100% good, there could be a compatibility issue with your cam- that does happen sometimes even when using the best cards. Just a part of the dashcam game.

Phil

Check the old card with the "h2testw" freeware- choose a full check and over-write. That will take some time to run but it will show any problems with the card. With a 64GB Transcend my cheap 3 1/2 year old laptop takes about an hour to do it. Even if the card tests 100% good, there could be a compatibility issue with your cam- that does happen sometimes even when using the best cards. Just a part of the dashcam game.

Phil

Phil

Cool. I'll check that out, thanks.

Just a part of the dashcam game.

Same with Action cameras, i have a class 10 U3 kingston card that will not work in a camera, but a Trancend class 10 U3 work just fine ( both 64 Gb and with same read /write speeds )
The same kingston card work in just about any other camera i have, even 2 other action cameras from the same brand.

H2testw are a fine little tool, it normally find any error on memory cards, though once i did have a 32 Gb sd card that just wouldn't work in any camera any more, but H2testw said 0 errors on the card :rolleyes: go figure.

Back