Feitelijk's SG9665GC

"some situations will call for different adjustments", Please explain.

40% sky, 60% road is a suggestion not a rule, you may find that a setting higher or lower than that works better for your vehicle, the way you like it etc, as per this case if he adjusts to 40% sky a great deal of the shot will be the hood of his car, different installations will call for a different adjustment

40% sky, 60% road is a suggestion not a rule, you may find that a setting higher or lower than that works better for your vehicle, the way you like it etc, as per this case if he adjusts to 40% sky a great deal of the shot will be the hood of his car, different installations will call for a different adjustment

OK, thanks. My question was in the context of the problems I've been experiencing where more sky and less hood both improves and worsens the problem depending on the particular conditions of the moment.

OK, thanks. My question was in the context of the problems I've been experiencing where more sky and less hood both improves and worsens the problem depending on the particular conditions of the moment.

which AE setting are you using at the moment?

which AE setting are you using at the moment?

Full frame, everything else set to default. Increasing EV to minimize dark footage was not a good move. As mentioned in the firmware thread, so far Full Frame with less hood in the image has provided the best overall results so far but things seem to have gone down hill since beta 22.

Well, as you can see with the dark footage, something seems different.

different lighting, different day, it's not like a studio where you can set identical scenes, side by side is the only way to make judgement calls when evaluating changes, @niko collects a lot of the side by side comparison stuff when we are evaluating different settings

can you compare the V1 against V2? if so I can do this no worries.

thought so, that's one reason why I'm not comparing them both at moment.

We've collected a lot of side by side video of the different AE table settings already, footage has to be analyzed before making the next adjustments, it's a very tedious process unfortunately but that's just how it is

Thanks!

It went SMURF on me today again.

No recovery for 12 minutes... :(

until:

Looks like it. But not always.

Back