Feitelijk's SG9665GC

Average AE metering might not be ideal for driving out of a tunnel:

But recovery is quick

What I do find is that my thin mount developed some slack....
Noticed the same on my rear GC. In all fairness though I may be using the mount that came with an A118-C so won't point any fingers.

Noticed the same on my rear GC. In all fairness though I may be using the mount that came with an A118-C so won't point any fingers.

how much slack it gets most often depends on install and how much curve there is to the glass, once the 3M bonds and the mount pulls in tight you can get some movement, that's why we include the EVA foam pads for the mount, if you need them you generally don't find that out for a week as they're all tight on the mount when first installed

Jup that's a tunnel I have to take every day.

how much curve there is to the glass, once the 3M bonds and the mount pulls in tight you can get some movement,
That explains why the thick mount is still fine, it's on the perfectly straight window

...that's why we include the EVA foam pads for the mount, if you need them you generally don't find that out for a week as they're all tight on the mount when first installed
I am using the EVA pad on that mount and still have a bit of vibration on rough surfaces. As I said though, I'm sure that's a mount that came with an A118-C so I'm not implying it has anything to do with SG. When I get around to it I'll just layer on a bit of some kind of tape to firm things up a bit.

our material is different than what is used on the A118, we used to used the same but found the heat rating wasn't high enough so we changed it, their version will bend a bit more so that may contribute to the problem

Detail on the G90 remains sharper than the beta16 SG, look at the creases on the girls jeans. Roadsigns are also sharper. Animated version here: My guess is that the exposure time is longer on the SG to get all it can on night time imaging?

O4wn92n.jpg

82KhQ7d.jpg

Don't have the night pictures yet, have some of this mornings dawn. Just processing the side by side video now.

Dawn this morning (05:45)
WDR off, EV 0

The overly green bottom one is de G90, the pale top one is SG (on average AE).
WDR is off because it was causing trouble with the old firmware. Did't switch in back on yet. Anyway since the G90 does not have a WDR option to switch on or off I thought I would try without first.

I said recovery in the tunnel exit was quick. It turns out the G90 is a bit quicker:

G90 is the bottom blue one.

I notice that there is more shake in the suctioncupmounted G90 than on the windowmounted SG.

Last edited:
Another comparison:
Noise on G90 is worse, makes licenseplate reading more difficult. I guess shake has also something to do with that as the G90 is sharper when stationary.

Trees cause come blocks in the SG, but this seems to have improved from beta9.

But once night falls....
Darkest I could swing today:

And this is where the SG (top) trumps the G90 (bottom) even without the WDR.

When stationary the G90 shows the fence in the distance more sharply, could the focuspoint be different?
I had to refocus the G90 and I tried to get it at about 10m. Where is it on the SG?

Last edited:
Back