Feitelijk's SG9665GC

This is all the data from my SIRF III tracker (2010-2013)
NzBp3xP.gif

and the more recent ublox5 (2014-2016)

DiTGnUA.gif

well if you go into a tunnel the GPS signals cant get through, makes sense to me.

Sure, but why the deviations on de ublox5 and not on the sirf3? Guess the first tries to continue it's path a bit before stopping completely.Interesting stuff!

As the lowcut was more or less tailored to my car I dare to say that in difficult conditions I prefer center. The sky is emphasized too much with low cut IMO.

As the lowcut was more or less tailored to my car I dare to say that in difficult conditions I prefer center. The sky is emphasized too much with low cut IMO.

The low cut setting is going to get some further changes, right now the centre weighted setting should give you better results as we have done further work on that one, I'd be disappointed if it wasn't working better for you than the current low cut table

Great!

No, no idea why he was stopped or his car was searched, Yes I should clean the window!

G90 vs SG9665GC

No, no idea why he was stopped or his car was searched, Yes I should clean the window!

G90 vs SG9665GC
Let's me guess: the below one is 9665. Is that right ? :D

That's right.
Now let's compare licenceplates.
WFr3DWq.png

Last edited:
Daytime compare, with a Peugeotdriver who has his knee in a strange position.

More comparison, why is the G90 so much more colourful?

Tried a side by side comparison for a change:
G90 more noisy but colours are better, it seems to handle the bright sky better as well, it was pointed up 160px more than the GC.

Did a little rotating and shifting on the images so we can see (the differences) better.
The Ambarella A7L70 in the G90 does some debarreling of the lens, so I couldn't overlay the images exactly.
7huL3mJ.gif

Funny artefact: Look at the yellow bricks on the houses!

Also the thick mount has developed a wobble.
I hesitate to put the (non-OEM) foam as it is 1 mm thick and makes it really hard to get the cam off.

The curvature of the glass (or removing on/off often) can slowly pull the flat plastic edges over time. This is why the EVA Foam is included. Give it a try. I don't find it adds much extra effort and is worth using long term for a nice snug wobble free fit

c38fa305ca2b6ab310b4e27a67ecb71a.png

The curvature of the window is about the radius of the universe, so that's not it.

I do not have the foam as I had the basic set of Niko, I bought some 1mm thick (so twice the OEM thickness) from the local DIY store but that gives me a lot of resistance on the thin mount even though I did not cover the whole mount but only about 3x1 cm.

The cam comes off every day so I guess that's more likely the cause.

The curvature of the window is about the radius of the universe, so that's not it.

I do not have the foam as I had the basic set of Niko, I bought some 1mm thick (so twice the OEM thickness) from the local DIY store but that gives me a lot of resistance on the thin mount even though I did not cover the whole mount but only about 3x1 cm.

The cam comes off every day so I guess that's more likely the cause.
If you need spare accessories, send me PM and I am going to look after you.

Back