Few questions about 0805

Have you tried replaying the video using VLC player which pretty much plays any type of video format and is available for Mac and Windows, on a Mac you can take a snapshot at original resolution by selecting 'Video' > 'Snapshot' from the upper menu options, so assume that a similar option will be available to Window users.

If you're running out of space on your computer then perhaps invest in an external WD hard-drive from PCWorld, they cost very little nowadays and go up to 2TB in size which should make your computer run faster when its internal HD has some free space.

A note to Nigel I have just discovered this 'Snapshot' option on VLC which wasn't available on Quicktime when I posted some screenshots a few days ago :)

Have you tried replaying the video using VLC player which pretty much plays any type of video format
I will try it but still think the camera has issue, problem is not in players, laptops... All my previous camera played on any player with no problems...

I will try it but still think the camera has issue, problem is not in players, laptops... All my previous camera played on any player with no problems...

You could always upload a one minute video onto Mega.co.nz and provide a download link for us to see whether it is the camera, software, or your PC that is struggling to keep up with the video.

The problem with the ever increasing resolution of video files is that the processing power of computers and the video software sometimes struggle to keep up, am sure that one minute of video recorded on an 0806 dash cam requires approx 120MB of space, that requires an awful lot of memory and processing power to play videos in realtime.

Here it is:
https://mega.co.nz/#!85t3wQwL!3Hk1yusmcu4wBzl4eBQutVXLPh8pNrAQHRNCL2TSh24
When PC struggling to play high resolution video it jumping/stopping...here is different- see lamp posts and similar objects...

Hi Cibik, I've downloaded and viewed the video and it looks fine to me, no jumping or stopping and the lamp-posts look OK. Have enclosed a screenshot to illustrate what I can see.

vlcsnap-2015-03-26-00h25m58s34.png

From what you have said I think you need to either change your PC to something faster, or buy an external HD to free up some space on your existing internal drive.

You say that other videos are jumping or stopping in playback, could you upload one of those files onto mega.co.nz so that I can check it because you really do need to know what is causing the problem.

I've downloaded and viewed on my iPad and playback is fine; no jaggies, it's smooth, sharp and detailed.

All your replies mean the problem is not in the camera... (playing the video) I hope you saw on screen shots how looks video on my laptops-"saw shaped" lamp posts)
As I said I tried 4-5 laptops with 2-3 different players- no difference at any camera resolution videos.
All laptops have a lot of free HDD space (excluding my, just 3-4GB), RAM 2-4GB, screen resolution is 1366/768 (tried all resolutions), Win7, different processors Intel/AMD...
No point to upload video with highest resolution 2560... 2304...where video doesn't play smooth. I suppose the reason for that are video cards. All laptops have integrated video cards 128MB, just one has dedicated video card 256MB. On the last one, video runs smooth at all resolutions...but "saw" effect exists.

Looks perfect on a 5 year old dell laptop with a crappy integrated video card.

Except for the white lines in the road; they look all zig-zagy and not straight :)

Are you trying to play directly from the SD card? Maybe your SD card is too slow.

Now I've looked on my ancient PC and display, I think it could be the display you're using? On my 7 year old HP 22" I get the same artefacts you mention. If I play it back through my Samsung Full HD LED TV, its perfect.

Except for the white lines in the road; they look all zig-zagy and not straight :)
What is the conclusion then? I realized white or shiny thin objects make these artefacts. Lamp posts are black but shiny...
All my laptops are about 5 years old but no problem playing any other video except from this camera. My previous cameras had no problem as well.
Anyway I don't intend to buy new laptop just for the camera...
Are you trying to play directly from the SD card? Maybe your SD card is too slow.
Always play directly - by micro SD adapter plugged in the laptop but the camera by USB cable gives the same ...
Tried two different cards Class 10...

Now I've looked on my ancient PC and display, I think it could be the display you're using? On my 7 year old HP 22" I get the same artefacts you mention. If I play it back through my Samsung Full HD LED TV, its perfect.
When play it on my Samsung TV it is OK, the problem is on all my laptops...

When play it on my Samsung TV it is OK, the problem is on all my laptops...
Are you using the TV as a laptop monitor or are you putting the sd card in the TV?

Are you using the TV as a laptop monitor or are you putting the sd card in the TV?
I tried both to replicate Cibik issues, Nigel; it was fine via the PC and direct; Verticals are only dodgy on the old HP monitor....

I can't use TV as a monitor because no cable. No SD card slot on the TV as well. I use USB TV input by micro SD adapter or camera to TV by HDMI cable.

I can't use TV as a monitor because no cable. No SD card slot on the TV as well. I use USB TV input by micro SD adapter or camera to TV by HDMI cable.
How is your PC connected to its monitor? I connected mine to the TV with HDMI?

I use just laptops, have no PC.
OK, then frankly, I think it's your screen. The images the cam is producing are sharp, in focus, good contrast and well defined; I'd move on to something more important...

What is the conclusion then? I realized white or shiny thin objects make these artefacts. Lamp posts are black but shiny...
All my laptops are about 5 years old but no problem playing any other video except from this camera. My previous cameras had no problem as well.
Anyway I don't intend to buy new laptop just for the camera...

Always play directly - by micro SD adapter plugged in the laptop but the camera by USB cable gives the same ...
Tried two different cards Class 10...

You say you always play directly by the micro SD card adapter plugged into the laptop, have you tried copying the files onto your laptop HD then playing them because as one of the other users mentioned, perhaps the SD card you are using isn't fast enough.

Back