Firmware 129 Plus

I did set it to default each time I loaded the FW and rebooted it but it was the same.
I wait for someone to confirm it.

It's there but quad HD is 2560x1440, so 2560x1080p (21:9) is just a crop, right? Is cutting off a bit from the top and the bottom the big deal? What use is this - slightly smaller files? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
It's there but quad HD is 2560x1440, so 2560x1080p (21:9) is just a crop, right? Is cutting off a bit from the top and the bottom the big deal? What use is this - slightly smaller files? Or am I missing something?
You are right. It was 1440P 21:9+1080P30 resolution number 4 in my picture. I switched back to my test FW to get the 1440P60 21:9+1080P30
Thanks!

So many people don't want to record the motor hood or the dashboard so they are pointing the camera too much to the sky. This is creating poor videos because the road become too dark. On youtube there are so many dashcam videos with this problem.
Using a 21:9 image can help such users to not record the dashboard and maybe they will point the camera correct.
The 21:9 image is not recommended for 16:9 fans. On 21:9 can be some improvement regarding image quality but not big.

So many people don't want to record the motor hood or the dashboard so they are pointing the camera too much to the sky. This is creating poor videos because the road become too dark. On youtube there are so many dashcam videos with this problem.
Using a 21:9 image can help such users to not record the dashboard and maybe they will point the camera correct.
The 21:9 image is not recommended for 16:9 fans. On 21:9 can be some improvement regarding image quality but not big.

Besides better exposure, another reason to include the hood of a car in the video capture is that the front of the car and the fenders are where the impact will happen if you are involved in an accident.

Hi everyone. Quick question: is it normal that I have v1.5 firmware pre-installed? Purchased 2 weeks ago from "reputable seller" in north America. v1.4 is still listed as most current on viofo website. @viofo @VIOFO-Support
IMG_20210503_191935.jpg

Maybe 1.5 have only some language updated.

Hi everyone. Quick question: is it normal that I have v1.5 firmware pre-installed? Purchased 2 weeks ago from "reputable seller" in north America. v1.4 is still listed as most current on viofo website. @viofo @VIOFO-Support
View attachment 56520
Can you post the video resolution menu of this v1.5 FW?
Is there HDR implemented?
My resolution menu is below.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4508.jpg
    IMG_4508.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 18
Can you post the video resolution menu of this v1.5 FW?
Is there HDR implemented?
My resolution menu is below.

Thanks!
No HDR. WDR menu "on"/"off" only.
Resolutions list is about the same. Mine didn't have 60 fps for "1440p 21:9"
I will try to flash 1.4 from viofo site to see if camera will still work. If it will not work properly with official firmware I'll assume it is fake and will return it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210504_135550.jpg
    IMG_20210504_135550.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210504_135541.jpg
    IMG_20210504_135541.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 21
I saw the latest firmware version on this link

It is meant for front cam but what about the rear?
they are independent of each other, if no changes in rear cam firmware then no update required

I think he mean how can new users know whether or not the cameras are on the latest FW.
I assume if you just update the front camera it dont tell you to update the rear one too, if that was the case the firmwares should be bundled together, and then okay the rear firmware would be the same if its just new stuff for the front camera, and so no need to update the rear this time.

Hey guys.
Been a while but i've been testing my new A129 Plus Duo.
To sum it up:

- using native H.264 codec = 1440p60 stutter / frame skipping like crazy (in my opinion since i saw footage online running way smoother if not even fluid in similar conditions)
- using the H.265 codec = 1440p60 records much better with almost no stutter
- using my Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB or Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB sometimes some/all the files are corrupted I guess though they play back fine with different players (VLC...)
- (but in Dashcam Viewer those files have a resolution of 0x0 and a duration of 00min-1s (no cutting/trimming possible) + asa I double click the video for fitting the screen the video goes black and only audio is playing fine)
- the cards are FAT32 of course, i checked them for bad sectors and everything (no issues at all), formatted them multiple times etc.
- one day every file is okay, another day only files in the RO folder are faulty, the next day even files in the Movie folder and yesterday all files were broken
- but my biggest disappointment is the pixelated image when driving
- yes, i read that the video quality decreases when trees and stuff are in the frame, but it's so bad with my unit / this cam
- even my dashboard looks blocky as f...
- i uploaded some clips (all native files)
- https://we.tl/t-JqQcn76cYk (hope the link works)
- please read my description i added to the files for further details
- i'd appreciate your feedback
- i'm in contact with VIOFO since the beginning of my testing
- 30fps running fine (mostly) but more motion blur especially at night

Latest FW 1.4 installed / High Bitrate / WDR no difference / no HWK / original Viofo power supply

Thanks guys and Happy Fathers Day wherever it's celebrated today.

Last edited:
- using native H.264 codec = 1440p60 stutter / frame skipping like crazy (in my opinion since i saw footage online running way smoother if not even fluid in similar conditions)
- using the H.265 codec = 1440p60 records much better with almost no stutter
have you tried it as 1440p30 for comparison?

have you tried it as 1440p30 for comparison?
Yes, i did.
Like i wrote, 30fps looks way better. Not perfect but acceptable.
I can upload clips for comparison if you guys aree interested.
Day and night footage.
I collected quiet a lot.

Back