Firmware 129 Plus

Firstly and urgently, they should make two intensely advertised things functional: Super Night Vision
need to define what exactly "Super Night Vision" is, since it's only a marketing term, your idea of Super Night Vision, and their idea of Super Night Vision might not be the same

Also Buffered parking mode was not advertised for A129 Plus, but this guy is just a hater. No matter what, he needs to hate something even he is not right. He used 2 dashcams in his entire life and based on this he is telling us how good or bad is Viofo, coming here like a teacher to give lessons to people which are 500% more experienced than him regarding dashcams. Here are people which tested more than 10 different dashcams.
If he could have one camera from Preseverance he will find that is full of bugs and the camera was false advertised.
dvr-extreme-gold.jpg
Just imagine a guy which spent money on this camera which is years behind Viofo and after his experience with that brick, in 9 post from 10 is telling us how bad is Viofo.

The difference between that little gadget (30 euros) and A129+ single (125 euros) - under a quarter of Viofo's price, or 95euros difference - is very "relevant" for what you compare. Also, there are ~7 years between them. At its time, that gadget was very good. It has AR0330 + NT96650, like my old LS650W. It's a logical fracture what you say: no need to be a painter to criticize a painting. ;) It's enough to know about paint and painting.
Viofo (A129+) is not bad entierly, but has bad functionalities. ;) It has good pic quality in daylight, but less good at night. And with so called Super Night Vision on, the image drastically deteriorates instead of improving. It also can't handle high contrast scenes, though it has a sensor who should make it. It has good pic quality only when light is soft.

Also Buffered parking mode was not advertised for A129 Plus
Lol, then say to your master to delete it from specifications. Link for conformity and screenshot:

Attachments

• bpm.jpg
    bpm.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
need to define what exactly "Super Night Vision" is, since it's only a marketing term, your idea of Super Night Vision, and their idea of Super Night Vision might not be the same
Probably Super Night Vision is about enhancing the brightness and detailed vision at night by using WDR or HDR. Or, better, enhancing the global quality of picture.
But, indeed, it's a lying marketing term.
The local distributor also advertised HDR (now it's deleted from specs), probably after my "trollings", see here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/firmware-129-plus.43215/page-2#post-534929
But, for me and for now, the "best" firmware is that with WDR (yes, only by processor): it comes closest to what I think Super Night Vision should mean, though at night is very bad as functionality.

And let's also say that 5MHz is advertised for WiFi as higher speed of download, though on this forum Viofo recommend to use 2.4GHz... ;) because it doesn't. :D

Last edited:
Probably Super Night Vision is about enhancing the brightness and detailed vision at night by using WDR or HDR. Or, better, enhancing the global quality of picture.
But, indeed, it's a lying marketing term.
in other words, you don't actually know what "Super Night Vision" is, not suggesting you should know as it's only a marketing term, Thinkware were the first ones to use it, (for their camera all they did was increase brightness and make the picture noisy, pretty sure you wouldn't want that) but when you call for it to be urgently implemented and you can't actually clarify what it is you're asking for, doesn't make a whole lot of sense

No, in other words, many sellers when use that term think at enhancing picture quality at night by using WDR. By extrapolating, I supposed that Viofo means the same.
Viofo use(d) two ways to (try to) improve image quality at night: WDR and HDR, that's why I'm not sure "what I want", because they don't know either. ;)

If you were a client of Viofo, what would you think about SNV?

probably, think, supposed, all words that confirm you don't know what it is, you're just taking wild guesses and hoping somehow what you want is right, and you further that by acknowledging that Viofo don't know what it is either

when I first saw Super Night Vision promoted by Thinkware it was blatantly obvious it was just marketing BS (granted I do this for a job so what may be obvious to me may not be to the average consumer), others just copied the term I guess, Viofo are not the only ones to use this term in their advertising, I've seen other brands that have picked up on this also, not saying it's right to use this term but sometimes these names get adopted as some sort of standard and then all of a sudden they're all doing it, only thing I can assure you of is that it's a term you will never see on any of our products

Yes, it's a marketing term, I agree. Philosophically speaking, probably we can't say what it is/means. But the correspondence in reality should/may be WDR and/or HDR, because they want to implement something like that.
I'm very glad to hear that your products play fair and, who knows, maybe I'll buy one in future. Anyway, at the time when I bought Viofo, there wasn't a 2k model in my coutry (only fullHD), I also considered a SG at that time.

Lol, then say to your master to delete it from specifications. Link for conformity and screenshot:
On the 1CH version there is no such text. Maybe the screenshot you are offering contains some bad copy-paste from other product. I checked the manuals, promotion pictures and specifications on romanian and official website and I see no other mention about buffered parking mode on another place.
Here is the official article about buffered parking mode.

Attachments

• a129plus-ro.jpg
    a129plus-ro.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 11
Chill out, dude, no bad copy-paste made by me, I also offered above the link of the product, the DUO version, check again and see that IT'S NOT MY MISTAKE.
Or do you try to suggest that it's a bad advertising of reseller made by mistake (bad copy-paste from another product)? I don't get it...
Instead of always trying to denigrate me, maybe it would be better to ask to reseller to correct specifications for all sold products, or at least for A129+. Or to ask Viofo to better choose their collaborators. By advertising false information, they do a disservice to the company. ;)

The official article about buffered mode is from July 2019. Can you process this information? Let me explain you. ;) If you wanted to show me that A129+ is not in the list with supported buffered mode, the argument is not valid; the camera there wasn't at the date. :D
But I can give two topics of reflection:
- cheaper camera A119V3 do have buffered mode, but A129+ don't. I don't know why, but for me it is hilarious... to tears.
- why to put buffered parking mode in menu/firmware if it won't work?

PS: speaking about lying advertising.

Attachments

• IMG_20210326_150832.jpg
    IMG_20210326_150832.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Or do you try to suggest that it's a bad advertising of reseller made by mistake (bad copy-paste from another product)? I don't get it...
Bad copy paste from another product made by the seller. That bad copy paste was also on Amazon, they removed it after people reported the problem.
Do you have the 1CH version or the 2CH version? You posted a screenshot from the camera with 2CH and not the camera with 1CH. If you have 1CH but posted the screenshot from 2CH means you searched for mistakes, just to hate something.

On the first review made for A129 Plus on Youtube, before it was launched, I offered the information that the secondary channel have its own chipset and my question was how Viofo will offer buffered parking mode if two chipsets are encoding the videos? So the answer at your question can be that the A129 Plus rear camera have its own video chipset and the main buffer cannot be shared for two chipsets. In theory each camera should have two internal memory for each chipset so it can use its own buffer. The camera buffer is limited. It is used also for processing the image quality, so more processing for the image means less free buffer.

But the idea is that Viofo was not advertising A129 Plus to have buffered parking mode and also not to have some Night Vision you imagine, something like the camera will record in complete dark.

The difference between that little gadget (30 euros) and A129+ single (125 euros) - under a quarter of Viofo's price, or 95euros difference - is very "relevant" for what you compare. Also, there are ~7 years between them. At its time, that gadget was very good. It has AR0330 + NT96650, like my old LS650W
Always Omnivision was better than Aptina, you could buy a dashcam with OV4689 to have better image. AR0330 is not a standard of a good image, it was used in many dashcams because it was cheap. Also 7 years ago you could buy Korean dashcams with 125 euros or more which offered better quality than any chinese dashcam, but you prefer to spent only 30 and I saw no complaints about it from you even it was a poor and very ugly dashcam. Now you have one of the best dashcams from the market and almost of your posts are just hate against a camera you own. You had 14 days free return, why not returned it if it is so bad?

I'm very glad to hear that your products play fair and, who knows, maybe I'll buy one in future.
For sure jokiin will be not happy to buy one of his products because your hate will go against his brand and is better for him you to keep the Viofo. Hating just one brand is good for everybody, your hate will be only in one dashcamtalk area.

- why to put buffered parking mode in menu/firmware if it won't work?
Dude, you are completely wrong about this. AutoEvent Detection does not means it is Buffered parking mode. Why are you false assume that detecting a motion it should be based on a buffer? Do you know how it is working the AutoEvent Detection? Is is just based on motion detection. Motion = record. No motion = stand by. Nothing about buffer.

Last edited:
If you have 1CH but posted the screenshot from 2CH means you searched for mistakes, just to hate something.

On the first review made for A129 Plus on Youtube... so more processing for the image means less free buffer.
But the idea is that Viofo was not advertising A129 Plus to have buffered parking mode and also not to have some Night Vision you imagine, something like the camera will record in complete dark.

Always Omnivision was better than Aptina... You had 14 days free return, why not returned it if it is so bad?

For sure jokiin will be not happy to buy one of his products...

I didn't even had the idea that the reseller sell 1 CH version. When I bought it, he offered me 1 CH version saying it was the single one sent to him for some tests. But this is not important, but the fact that information for potential clients are fake. Many potential buyers read the specs and buy in consequance. So, it is not hate, but of course... you know better, isn't it?

Why they still have buffered parking mode in menu if this mode it's not working?

Concerning OV sensors and prices of gadgets, each one buy what he wants. It's no need to inform you or have your approval for buying.

I didn't say my present camera is bad (previous V3, it WAS!). The quality of image in daylight is OK for the price, though not so cheap for what it offers. But it has a lot of non-functional features and that's why I comment.

jokiin is from another behaviour league than you. Your egocentrism and aggressivity do as much disservice to Viofo, as resellers who publish fake advertising. ;) On the other hand, we don't choose our parents, siblings, relatives and... clients/buyers, isn't it? ;)

Why they still have buffered parking mode in menu if this mode it's not working?

Dude, you are completely wrong about this. AutoEvent Detection does not means it is Buffered parking mode. Why are you false assume that detecting a motion it should be based on a buffer? Do you know how it is working the AutoEvent Detection? Is is just based on motion detection. Motion = record. No motion = stand by. Nothing about buffer.
I didn't even had the idea that the reseller sell 1 CH version.
So you have 1CH version but posted a 2CH screenshot because only there you could find the bad copy-paste.

From the original article the; link you gave above, how to acces buffered mode (advertised but, of course absent):

bpms.jpg

That article is about cameras with parking mode. Again, you are false assuming? Do you see any buffer word on the option name?
Why are you not looking on the manual which was released on august 2020 which means before camera launch?
There is no word about buffered parking mode, more than that,it is written that the parking mode files are 1 minute which is different compared to 45 seconds videos from cameras with buffered parking mode.
On that article is no word about A129 Plus.
On the A139 manual it is written that the parking mode it is based on buffer and it is creating 45 seconds videos.

A129 plus parking mode.jpg

jokiin is from another behaviour league than you.
Even I told you that he is a great guy, on your first posts from your come back, you attacked him too. After you finished your hate against him you discovered he is a great guy. Nothing new because you were aggressive even with the admin of this forum and also with other forum members. You even been warned and I don't remember if the admin warned another forum member like he did with you. I think he is doing very rare this thing and this is telling a lot about your behavior. So hating a brand is not forbidden, you can go on, you will be not banned for this. But when you are posting false things people should not let you continue.

Article is from July 2019. A129+ was released in the future, after that date, it is normal to not be there. No sign that the article was updated.
So, in your opinion, people should read firstly the manual, before buying a camera? Or maybe to read the specs from the sites of resellers, as they in fact did? I don't think that many people read the manual BEFORE buying something. Many of the didn't read it at all.

We talk about different subjects: I try to show you what LYING advertising means and I gave you ARGUMENTS by links above and you try to convince me that buffered mode isn't there. Yes, I know this mode doesn't exist, many confirmed it. Satisfied? ;)

And I'm not a hater, but from your position it is normal to perceive me as such. What is not normal is your perpetual agressivity and endless anger over the customers.

Last edited:
VIOFO A129 Plus Duo Dash Camera (16GB EMMC Version) Firmware
Dane Ji
Modified: Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 3:04 AM
The latest A129 Plus Duo Dash Camera (16GB EMMC Version) firmware is released, the version number is V1.4, please download the firmware from the attachment.

V1.4 ????

VIOFO A129 Plus Duo Dash Camera Firmware​

Dane Ji
Modified on: Sun, 4 Apr, 2021 at 8:04 PM
The latest A129 Plus Duo Dash Camera firmware is released, the version number is V1.4, please download the firmware from the attachment.

V1.4 firmware change log:

1. Added: 2K 21:9 (2560x1080) video resolution
2. Bug fix

I updated (twice) this FW V1.4 today for my A129 Plus Duo but the build 20201224 was older than the one I had before this and there is no 2K 21:9 (2560x1080) video resolution???

Attachments

• IMG_4506.jpg
    IMG_4506.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4505.jpg
    IMG_4505.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 15
Did you set everything to default after the FW update? That's a necessary step with some cams, and after letting it boot obnce at default you can re-enter your preferred settings, the FW should be updated then. If it doesn't let us know.

Phil

Back