Firmware 23.7 Feedback... Two Thumbs Up

povgride742

Reaction score
Country
United States
21.5:
When I first bought this dash cam I immediately updated the firmware to 21.5. I was having a lot of freezing issues seemed to be a result of me using an SD card not rated for dash cams (SanDisk Extreme). I switched to a SanDisk High Endurance that solved a lot of the issues. Only in extreme temperatures did it sometimes give an error saying to reformat.

22.8:
With this firmware I regularly (1/3 drives) where it would just freeze up. I'd have to hold the power button until it turned off then turn it back on. Personally I think 21.5 was more stable.

23.7:
Since updating to this firmware I haven't had a single freeze up or issue. Keep in mind I'm not using an official NextBase SD card, but instead a SanDisk High Endurance. I've been using this firmware since the middle of January.

Seems like, at least for me (hardwire kit, rear view attachment, SanDisk 128gb High Endurance SD card), 23.8 has fixed all my issues.

That’s good to hear, likewise I do not use a nextbase sd card, and am very happy with the SanDisk.

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, it's really great to hear that the freezing issues you were experiencing have been resolved!

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

21.5:
When I first bought this dash cam I immediately updated the firmware to 21.5. I was having a lot of freezing issues seemed to be a result of me using an SD card not rated for dash cams (SanDisk Extreme). I switched to a SanDisk High Endurance that solved a lot of the issues. Only in extreme temperatures did it sometimes give an error saying to reformat.

22.8:
With this firmware I regularly (1/3 drives) where it would just freeze up. I'd have to hold the power button until it turned off then turn it back on. Personally I think 21.5 was more stable.

23.7:
Since updating to this firmware I haven't had a single freeze up or issue. Keep in mind I'm not using an official NextBase SD card, but instead a SanDisk High Endurance. I've been using this firmware since the middle of January.

Seems like, at least for me (hardwire kit, rear view attachment, SanDisk 128gb High Endurance SD card), 23.8 has fixed all my issues.
I have in my procession a sd card supplied by nextbase with 23.7 loaded, I have now uploaded the firmware, so if anyone wants the card to do likewise, just send me a PM with your address and I’ll gladly post it on. A bit of recycling

Back