Firmware update on my F770 bricked my dashcam

Blanco954

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I wish I had come accross this forum before firmware update on my F770. I am now a proud owner of a F770 that will not power up. I won this unit at a out of state car show I attended. Camera was working fine but I did notice the WiFi was a little buggy and evertime I connected to pc to view videos I would notice there was new firmware available. I decided to take the update and to my great dissapointment the damn firmware that Thinkware put out bricks my device unbelievable. Firmware should fix issues not render a good unit inoperable. I contacted Thinkware support and they informed me that they would warranty exchange unit if I have proof of purchase which I don't. I tried to track down the promotion company but I was unsuccessful. I asked how much to get unit repaired and Thinkware said "they only do warranty exchanges" which is completely ridiculous. Well I know now I won't be buying a Thinkware brand replacement. I am soo dissapointed!!!! :( with this company.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
B

Blanco954

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep wish I knew of this before I took the update. :confused:

Thinkware Dash Cam

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Q800PRO, X700, F200, F70, M1
Hi There, We do offer repair options if you are out of warranty. We would love to make this situation right and get this camera fixed. Please contact our support team at 1-844-865-9273 or by Email: support@thinkware.com
Kind Regards, Thinkware Customer Support