nrvous1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m currently on firmware v1.00.09 and I’ve noticed that when connecting via WiFi my continuous recordings are there in sequence, but my manual recordings have stopped since February 2020. Also, when I first connect to the dash cam I get a pop up on my iPhone saying that the latest firmware has been downloaded, click ok to download to the u1000. When I click on the progress bar pops up once then flashes into another pop up with a status bar for the download progress and the camera drops WiFi connection to my phone. If I cancel the update as soon as I connect I can make all the changes to the camera, but they reset once the camera is powered off. I’ve had the camera since preorder from Blackboxmycar and it’s hardwired using Thinkware’s kit. Should I try downloading the latest firmware through an sd card reader and placed directly to the root of the card? I’m using a sandisk a1 400gb since I purchased the camera.

I updated the firmware through my phone’s hotspot and the Thinkware app. But there are instructions in the manual for updating using an SD card.

I updated the firmware through my phone’s hotspot and the Thinkware app. But there are instructions in the manual for updating using an SD card.
Thanks. I’m assuming I would just have to download and then drag into the root of the sd card. For some reason mine drops connection once I try and update on the jnirka connection using WiFi and the app.

I believe that is correct. You can find the manual online I’d you don’t still have yours. I definitely remember it having a section in the manual on updating firmware using the SD card.

Ok, I got around to downloading the current firmware via an sd card reader and my laptop. For some reason, assuming the card is bad, I couldn’t format my sandisk 400gb card which is why I think my u1000 wouldn’t download the firmware using WiFi and the app. I used a Samsung 128gb card I had laying around, formatted it, installed the files on the root of the card and as soon as I placed the sd card in the camera it started the update. Now, it’s working normally, but I’m going to have to order another larger sized capacity sd card. I won’t be using the sandisk cards at the moment since I’m not sure if the card is corrupt or what caused it.

Also, I’m trying time lapse mode for the parking mode setting this time around. I want to see how it works out.

I have a sandisk 256GB card that works fine. I think up to 400GB has been verified by users. There may be a corruption issue with your card, or it may not be a legit Sandisk (depends where you bought it). Try to get the U1000 to format the card through the thinkware app.

I have a sandisk 256GB card that works fine. I think up to 400GB has been verified by users. There may be a corruption issue with your card, or it may not be a legit Sandisk (depends where you bought it). Try to get the U1000 to format the card through the thinkware app.
I’ve had the card for quite sometime which I purchased through Best Buy I believe. It’s either partitioned to read only and not rewrite. I’ll have to reformat using my pc and running the command to clear the card, not your normal quick reformat. I’ll try it and see what happens. I’m assuming something forced the card into read only since I’ve been using it in my u1000 since launch (October 2019). Funny thing is, the u1000 never said I had a faulty card because it still records continuously without issue. It will not lock files on that card though.

does the upgrade reset and default all the settings?

i just did an update and programmed it to work with my hotspot. I guess I need to go check the other settings :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E U1000 4
egonvdv U1000 15
TKSX U1000 8
I U1000 2
karim174 U1000 2
Back