Firmware V2. 5

Auld Reekie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Expecting delivery of a119 v3 tomorrow. I notice the firmware update is V2.5.
Not used a a119 3 before. Is the update worthwhile?
Kremmen, if you're reading this you seem to swear by fw v 1.03 for sharpness. Where can I find the F/W v1. 03?

I've tried all the firmware versions from 1.02, that my first one came with, to mod 2.6.

My requirement is the best static screenshot, for another website. My testing has shown that the introduction of HDR from WDR in firmware 2.0 introduced pseudo motion blur.

This is one of those areas where maybe newer firmware has features you need, different resolution for example. Newer mod firmware seems to me to be primarily tweaked for night driving and the requirement for some to capture night number plates. On my car with wide angle low beam LED headlights, reading UK highly reflecting plates is impossible as my headlights just produce a washed out rectangle.

There are posts here with sharp screen captures under 2.6t at high speed but as much as I've tried I just can't get the same sharp grab with anything other than 1.03

I've tried all the firmware versions from 1.02, that my first one came with, to mod 2.6.

My requirement is the best static screenshot, for another website. My testing has shown that the introduction of HDR from WDR in firmware 2.0 introduced pseudo motion blur.

This is one of those areas where maybe newer firmware has features you need, different resolution for example. Newer mod firmware seems to me to be primarily tweaked for night driving and the requirement for some to capture night number plates. On my car with wide angle low beam LED headlights, reading UK highly reflecting plates is impossible as my headlights just produce a washed out rectangle.

There are posts here with sharp screen captures under 2.6t at high speed but as much as I've tried I just can't get the same sharp grab with anything other than 1.03
You need to change the car and the country of residence so that you feel the beauty of the v2.6T firmware...;)

Reactions: gse
Yes, it's odd how you can get crisp screen grabs under 2.6 whereas HDR is a pain for both my V3's

Yes, it's odd how you can get crisp screen grabs under 2.6 whereas HDR is a pain for both my V3's
My v3 read license plates of cars at night on MODs from vvs49 still on firmware v2.1
Here, in post #5377, there are screenshots from my video from 09/17/2020

I don't go out at night so for me the best daytime footage is my target.

Like your self I'm hardly out driving at night so daytime clarity is good for me, I may try v1. 03 first.
If I update to v2. 5 to compare is it easy enough to rollback versions?

Where do I find this v2. 6T modded FW?

I've got all versions in stock and, yes, you can switch firmware versions up and down easily.

When you're ready post what version(s) you want and I'll provide a Dropbox link.

I would try the version it comes with first so you have a benchmark.

I've turned all sensors either low or off as allowed in the menu. That stops some files going elsewhere so keeps a full chronological order. In over 3 years no RO folder has been created.
Bitrate high
5 second startup delay
Stock 2560x1440
EV 0

Last edited:
Updated above post

I think that there are not so many drivers who drive only during the day.
In addition, in the winter, in those parts where I live, I have to move to and from work in complete darkness.
So firmware version v1.03 is not suitable for everyone.
And you advise this firmware to every owner of A119v3.

I assume you have a choice whether hdr is selected or not on all firmware versions.?

Hdr on cameras (not dashcam) will help in low light conditions but images can have a negative effect in daylight

I assume you have a choice whether hdr is selected or not on all firmware versions.?

Hdr on cameras (not dashcam) will help in low light conditions but images can have a negative effect in daylight
In firmware v2.6T, HDR turns on and off automatically according to the time that you set yourself..

How can you not drive when is dark?! You have a rule or something? Because otherwise it is barrely posible.
In winter evenings at 5pm is dark outside. And this is available for most part of Europe.

I'm in the fortunate position of only going out when I want to :)

The vast majority of my journeys are weekends to relatives, in daylight, all year round.

As I've posted many times before, I was informed by a very reliable source, ages ago, that the menu setting for HDR that is displayed as On and Off is actually Low and High.

From my testing I can believe that because every firmware I've tested from 2.0 up produces pseudo motion blur with HDR 'off', but 1.03 is pin sharp in comparison.

However, as you correctly say, each owner must make their own decision as to which firmware suits their needs best.

Last edited:
Is 1.03 only good at day time?

I drive mostly at night so I’d like to know which firmware and settings is better for night

Is 1.03 only good at day time?

I drive mostly at night so I’d like to know which firmware and settings is better for night

Reactions: gse
Back