FlyMod for Nextbase 512GW

OP
OP
TheBoyCanFly
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly. It's all about having the option. I doubt that given the choice anyone would actually turn the logo on. It's funny actually, I was watching a compilation of dashcam videos and not once did I see a logo until there was a clip with a Nextbase camera.

I think what grinds people's gears is that they have explicitly taken away the option to remove it. It used to be there on my 312GW.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Exactly. It's all about having the option. I doubt that given the choice anyone would actually turn the logo on. It's funny actually, I was watching a compilation of dashcam videos and not once did I see a logo until there was a clip with a Nextbase camera.
we have logos on our cameras which are on by default but there is a menu option to turn them off if the user doesn't want it, a surprising number of people do leave it on, in all fairness though our logo is a lot more discreet and it is placed in the lower corner of the video which is just in the dashboard area in most cases, I think it's ok to be proud of your brand, but don't force it on people

OP
OP
TheBoyCanFly
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I think it's only natural for a company to have it on as default because like I say I don't think people would actively switch it on. I think the problem with the Nextbase logo is it is too big and distracting. I think if it sat smaller down by the other information it would probably be fine. It's just too....yellow. Perhaps if it was faded slightly it would be better received.

Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 402G & 512GW
The Lo files are an issue with me as pointed out by Jacko956 if 128gb sd card bought one wants to be able to record all necessary files to it and not useless Lo files that might never be used and I looked on the nextbase site and could not find the logo free firmware