ford focus jumping red light, he was in the right only lane too

I rented a Focus when I was over in the UK back in 2006; it was scary (the roads, not the Focus). I noticed the red light - yellow light combination. What does that mean ("light about to turn green; be prepared to go")?

Something along these lines :)

• Red traffic light
    A vehicle must stop just behind the white stop line at traffic light.
  • Red and amber traffic lights
    Also means stop but can prepare to go. A vehicle must not pass through the lights until the green light is illuminated.
  • Green traffic light
    When the light turns green, you may proceed providing the way is clear.
  • Amber traffic light
    When a single amber light is illuminated, you must prepare to stop just before the first white line. You may only proceed through an amber is you have just crossed the stop line as it changes or are too close to the stop line that stopping may cause an accident.

Might be an idea to aim your camera down just a bit more just to catch your front wings it will show any damage caused by someone hitting your wings. Unless your expecting a plane to crash into your car... Just a suggestion.

He started off past the stop line. When the van moved the car crept forward even more. By then he couldn't see the lights without craning his neck. He didn't bother and probably thought the lights had changed.
Why the hell did they decide to stop putting lights on the far side of the junction???? Idiots. They haven't even saved money ... there ARE two sets of lights, but they are a few feet apart.

Back