G1WH can take firmware from DOD LS388W, Shadow GT300W 1306180 and others

you have one that has a problem?

I don't necessarily. Sometimes the video quality is kinda meh (Light changes/nighttime) but then again the device was cheap so I'm not complaining. Just looking for any upgrade I could get. I updated to a firmware found in another thread with no issues, so I'll just leave it at that until I can get a better cam. Thank you for responding.

for this kind of product updates generally only happen if there's a serious problem, lockup, failed recordings etc, fine tuning doesn't really happen

Today received G1WH. Everything seems to be Ok.
Tryed to install DOD LS388W Firmware to increase video stream (current firmware G1WH-DA380-2014.11.28.03)
Renamed Dod firmware to FWDM800H.bin and placed on microsd. But nothing happened after power on.
Attaching a mainboard picture. Is it a new one?

P50116-231619-30.jpg
P50116-231619-30.jpg

yet another G1WH mainboard, it will be looking for a different filename before it will load, no guarantee that it will run though

Got it!
Firmware should be renamed to FWS1088.bin :)
Yeahh!

btw. tnx for aswer. If you can suggest a better firmware than LS388W for my device?

I don't follow these to know which firmware is best but perhaps someone else that has one will know and be able to offer you their opinion

Hi all,

I wrote an email to the guys at the Shenzhen Dome Technology today and also chatted to a nice guy from the company on Skype. I asked him for the latest firmware for the G1WH camera. He was kind enough to send me this file:

Latest firmware as at 21 Jan 2015
I am not sure what the FW is dated and I admit I haven't flashed my camera yet with it as my premise is 'if it's not broken, don't try to fix it', and at the moment, my camera is working fine.

The downloaded filename is FWDM800H.bin. - Rename the filename as FWS1088.bin
If anyone wants to try this FW and let us all know what happens...it'll be good.
Please let me know if you have problems downloading the file.
Read these instructions for uploading to your camera.

Last edited:
This sounds interesting @Mark S-H. Did the fellow you chatted with say anything about what the recent firmware includes such as added features, improvements, menu settings or whatever?

This sounds interesting @Mark S-H. Did the fellow you chatted with say anything about what the recent firmware includes such as added features, improvements, menu settings or whatever?

No sorry, there was no discussions as to what this FW does/can do/cannot do or menu settings etc.
I must assume he is a salesman not an engineer as all he said was "I have checked with the engineers and this is our latest version".
He sent the file by email and within the email it said.."As per your requirement,please kindly find our latest firmware as attached for G1WH."

Last edited:
No sorry, there was no discussions as to what this FW does/can do/cannot do or menu settings etc.
I must assume he is a salesman not an engineer as all he said was "I have checked with the engineers and this is our latest version".
He sent the file by email and within the email it said.."As per your requirement,please kindly find our latest firmware as attached for G1WH."

Thanks.

Apparently, this firmware version (FWDM800H.bin) has been available for at least the last 9 months and perhaps longer.

Jeez!! :eek: He said that this was the latest version!
I am using FW version G1WH-DA380-2014.11.28.03 with my camera and it appears to work just fine.
What version number does it show on the camera?

Jeez!! :eek: He said that this was the latest version!
I am using FW version G1WH-DA380-2014.11.28.03 with my camera and it appears to work just fine.
What version number does it show on the camera?

with Novatek cameras they typically always use the same filename, the file date may well be different though

Got it!
Firmware should be renamed to FWS1088.bin :)
Yeahh!

btw. tnx for aswer. If you can suggest a better firmware than LS388W for my device?

Cheers for this, After just buying recently, mine too (G1WH) needed this filename rather than the older version

Where i can download firmware G1WH-DA380-2014.11.28.03 ??

Where i can download firmware G1WH-DA380-2014.11.28.03 ??

Please try this FW
G1WH Firmware it maybe the G1WH-DA380-2014.11.28.03 FW you're after. Rename the filename as FWS1088.bin
Please let me know what happens. :)

This is the FW the guy at Shenzhen Dome Technology sent to me. I think it is might be DA380 FW but I do not know the date or release number but I hope it helps you. I will speak again to the guy and try to find out exactly the date and release number when I next speak to him.

Last edited:
That version is showing on DashCam as G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01 and is working fine, thanks

========================================
Bitrate file: 15.7 Mbps
Format: MPEG-4

Video FPS: 30.000
Video bitrate: 14.7 Mbps
Video resolution: 1920x1080
Video size: 24.5 MiB (94%)

Last edited:
That version is showing on DashCam as G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01 and is working fine, thanks

Bitrate file: 15.7 Mbps
Format: MPEG-4

Video FPS: 30.000
Video bitrate: 14.7 Mbps
Video resolution: 1920x1080
Video size: 24.5 MiB (94%)

COOL! :cool: Thanks for the feedback.
I may go ahead and update my firmware soon. :)

Latest firmware for G1WH camera version G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01
DA380 firmware version + Novatek96650 + AR0330
Download here:
G1WH_DA380_2015.01.21.01

Procedure for uploading the firmware to the camera:
1. Rename the filename as FWS1088.bin
2. Load the file onto a blank micro sd card
3. Place the card in the camera.
4. Make sure camera is plugged into a charger.
5. Turn on the camera and the FW uploads to the camera.

Last edited:
Back