G90 is Popular + Plus New Function (Sept. 13, 2014)

G90 vs G1W, which will you buy if price difference is only $10?

• G90 if price $55

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • G1W if price $45

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It will happen in 1080p/30 fps as well. I think the firmware (50?/70) is utilizing 2GB of DDR ram ( not necessary ;)). The 30s have 1GB of DDR ram?
That would make sense - has anyone stripped down the A7LA70 version yet? You can see how much memory is there from the part number of the chip on the PCB so we could compare to our 30s :)

I tried to find differences between processors also but i didn't find any, funny secrets.
some time ago I found some details about A7LA30 (but I was interested about LA70 at that time). Now, they're gone ;)
has anyone stripped down the A7LA70 version yet
There are some from @mandoco77
A7LA30
jqdvVWt96L1QDtiz

A7LA70
bo0MfHj0fAVAjYUg

K4B2G1646C, 2Gb C-die DDR3 SDRAM https://www.samsung.com/global/busi.../consumer-dram/detail?productId=7152&iaId=739

^
The 50s/70s might have two of those ( double-sided ).

It will happen in 1080p/30 fps as well. I think the firmware (50?/70) is utilizing 2GB of DDR ram ( not necessary ;)). The 30s have 1GB of DDR ram?
There might be something there, i did only short test but when it did not work it was that super high res and 5 min file size, but when i got it working set up was normal HD and 1 min file. Must try super hd with short file then.
It's a shame if this FW will not work even if i use normal HD, because it seems that they really can do something to fix sound, because this FW is living proof of that.

After 15 min testing
2560x1080 1 minute file, freezing
2304x1296 1 minute file, working and recycling.
2304x1296 3 minute file, working and recycling.
I will use that for next 6 hours in real life field test.

Edit.
Test are done and camera/firmware fail in every setup, in hi res faster and in low res it lasted a bit longer.
So, back to r441 then.
But one must wonder is it possible to hack camera with that a7tool to make resolution better, because evidently it worked just fine for a while.

Last edited:
G90 Time-lapse Photography Software Download Links:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/0gn4k9

A7LA50 & A7LA70 version is available.

There is a problem with this firmware:
  1. first the "event button" doesn't work properly (or it works when it wants). For example I made a long trip and at destination I didn't find any "event clip".
  2. on full battery the camera closes, and I have to start it several times to keep it on.

There is a problem with this firmware:
  1. first the "event button" doesn't work properly (or it works when it wants). For example I made a long trip and at destination I didn't find any "event clip".
  2. on full battery the camera closes, and I have to start it several times to keep it on.

you maybe want to check your configuration, this doesn't sound typical

@Fandy , what's the latest firmware for the g90 a70 no gps version?

@Fandy I'll check the firmware, but almost sure it is the one with time lapse function.
Also, when it works, it displays "event 01/50" even though there are other events already saved in that folder.

many thanks. updated last night without issue. I now see the time lapse function.

are there any other updates with this firmware? any other tweaks in the performance?

Well my G90 a7la70 arrived today - jeez is this thing sharp!

I've just given it a quick test in 2560x1080 and that picture quality is amazing - I'm watching on a 2560x1440 monitor and I've got to admit that's the best I've seen yet. I'm intrigued to see how it performs at night now.

That's exactly why I have this one as this new lens holder is supposed to fix that. Our temps are starting to drop off a bit now so we'll see - saying that it was similar when I had all the issues before.

I'm doing a 2 hour journey in a bit and I've got to admit I did find that footage towards the end of the journey always lost focus (hot sensor maybe) - it will be interesting to see what results I get later :)

It's sat here winking at me to take it apart and put the camoflage cover on - I'm going to leave it as is for a week or two first though to see how it holds up. Fingers crossed!

well i know the insides and out of this cam.. ;) very simple design.

the video image is indeed sharp! Crisp. I love the quality of it. one of the best out right now.

customer service is lacking sadly...

That's exactly why I have this one as this new lens holder is supposed to fix that
where did you buy it ? (or did you change the lens holder with a new one ?)
Does it have or not GPS ? How is the sound ?

Hi there. I was also interested in buying A7L based DVR to replace my old one.

As soon as I'm pretty much familiar with Taobao (Chinese shopping mall) I have started to look at DVRs offered on Taobao on domestic market.
As some of you most likely know, G90 has a domestic version - Blackview (凌度) BL950 (based on A7LA30) which is also manufactured on the same factory - Dongguan Carcam Electornic Technology Ltd (东莞市卡卡电子科技有限公司)
and I was expecting that the prices on domestic market would be about the same or even lower than we have for the OEM unbranded versions (G90)...

What was a surprise when I have discovered that the domestic prices in China for this DVR are much higher than we have for OEM from the same manufacturer!
Sample BlackView BL950 search
790 CNY = ~ 129 USD for A7LA30 without GPS! And BTW BL950 is the only model offered in China (A7LA30/no GPS)

I have also checked some other domestic manufactures for A7LA70 based DVRs:
Kehan/Carhome/科涵 C905 (~276 USD) manufactured by Esong Digital Limited
Dodmt/丹玛特 D99 (~156 USD) - was unable to identify factory
Bokai/波客 A7 (~100 USD) - was unable to identify factory

and the prices are also very high as you can see...
At the same time the menu design and structure looks almost the same among all these A7LA70 models...

Now I'm wondering - is this some specifics of domestic China market (high prices for DVR products)?
Or are there any real difference between branded versions (BlackView BL950) manufactured for/sold on domestic market and OEM versions (G90) produced "noname" (quality control, components, lens, etc...)?
Does anyone has experience with this topic / can advise?
If there is no real difference than why do all these domestic versions have 500+ monthly sales volumes at these high prices while they can easily go to Aliexpress and grab there one 2x times cheaper!

Maybe Dome rep (Doreen) could explain some specific of the pricing for domestic market? :)

Back