Gitup G3 Photo Thread

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1+G3ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Viofo A229ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Blueskysea B4K
Some Photos and frame grabs from the Gitup G3 (Git3):

y4mxafl0wUN1XzYCUXqw0hPLatjZEX7m3UJGSRoXPej3-IotfCsmnAMTx8FRnaIGCv87b_qtp_tbLLBIjiyP5arLEnRDwUF-WAVwdBvZsTCVQzcRcvs1ikLh9RIkMssNGqkJjMl09ZdvbV2DnIFyUbX_NF6HOjPdyBY58WcFwEFgzMgZi_rrK_HS9qLqJg56CCZAY_J8h-OxE1fQLFbW1C83Q

y4muhQJA0FpdXBPPolsfPUqwh-z62IhNHmVNxq8F592qLWMMoVue6Z-FaNRx_L62XkgWo0htAtv95kenzPbRwGvFAFsSPUO5KdKxn7KzTyBWFf8Y19aEHmZTUciMYLfpcnkrEO9W4G_2ZDrliVa5X3bzh0ft1_G7uRiaooPF264ykiVurckIr1ZAhzHKv6XfuQYSYO-9lNhn63y3YUlrKjxsw

y4mwzgCuy-PnvCYIcjfgV0D8BvBMvSETruYtjjmppNUTyUF2IKrotdMd718ipq7dhVScxUE6720Pt1oYcc31JbQdDHOfnx9RyJQS-lml0iERsg3-YrQL5TmFTmX43Uiyi5LS81Y5uLiJeVcvryi1P8AoCklvIBDaEXZTTFTTmBqqKXAzv9Iq1wl4_2HqcJPFzNO0dLhDtwzpxkEgqgpdMuTXA

y4mtBQFxouaaN3rMwvL-tduCbDY18fiWzq54C5VQQqL2GZRd7F9CBxzKJZBDYyEuwOUKNpmlx2ausOdYOGgRTn-0VJLMtQG35pLh44WDxNrqkOOU7MWzfzQKDfghIG7qrTuiRqiuBM0iFKUzxX3Hk1K68uaFsJCGOcbfZD6c9IZxSDkgvju385rJCimQoGQrSZoGbQeExamy9gmQjMi5JuwBw

y4mV3qfEh_ynlBEiTmmaUNOC-sL6kL21tGSbkxUKmYnaq59rCHekixZhXnt-x6XfphRhKwFM9sfFFA7bkbs0d_4QvwS1RFAfMfE1sTxMGyTY53MCnLXoo0O5IArTA_-CPZiyoy5T_qIqvicf7i1kOBTvfWHSS5PXOk880iwfeeX6jbXwU0fg0FJWax3yIRPEX7tsvkNKLJjICJ2gTu971EaWA

y4m1Cs2RbnidKgferUmFrQXJDXTUsR87U3z3uxhkxAW_KWJPXxY1gwcy563ZXTw0jQBc_okhAuTsaBlAZzIWa5zl2svvjcmblJ1R-fCA0BL36qrOk8neLMfZkBRHChCBwFhd8VCdZQNEOyq9lH1I_yehLsfCUACGcBq_WLi2G9WmRpQ4n79zLVxmTUslfTprC6bdKma4-d74oxqxesKaTgmVw

y4mhV8n7wD-e559G0yhEc2hIqIN9nRCgbH8wnPEgNk_-F0-d3-5aJaBWEGR5D_BdzhT8Kv3zcN7WEaroAhfQrdLC5zUvmpWLLoA_NL1pP_RDkjKKkOjHqFh3DYdOQiwkSKllqL4_cHH3l25yXYGbmciCu2MA2YopMgmRRcLxKt_VpgqtDMiCiHAcbsnzHMDOF83Uey1QorrA2IPNDHExAoPPw

y4mA5rS9t5XDzU36GmBNbUwfvfcSMxp4FXfK4UkC1kNvTon_Ky38PUxN8dlN8u0l62vLfQAuXRYkCc2iV-FDECDNnaePBzBMpjItEwmJSZR2MTVRhBHbHkmrqv2CNbl_YL3ue29xpVmI6cwXb2S1GEy-NvcDc1SmefpL_Lqr00iPYhh9QSlnmXV-JjJmvDe0sRWCPbUTQFkSar8mMAyZoS8cg

y4mlK99_WK8nPS_tnGvoujGMoEhTsAtlnTXrlE1zAD02-pgm0TLhQMjtKwCAbVc357OFcHmsPj9rK03PczG5i0y1i5gb6c20HkG1c9p2HjAEuG8bcSWGW-VG8rcexau_VgmgvCw8BIhLyNZlAxaABbglQQu7qmJrAFowTvZY3mBjKYyc8A3ViRym6t9w_KvJfsQV16P3_bXPxAo9sAM3N2JVw

y4m2tF03-XcftjHgv198dUyscaZ-qHmy9qPL2qfVO1UAbEjWEmY4X4Y_PudAhF8eMGFUbxxKsK3XTIxtUqL-Iiy81z2HReIXa-TTBTA0pSHa1kxIm-5HsZnqUzRwCr8Tv58oP_JOV04ospZLj9UNbAT-aIPqvuHWQOdr4t3i64_u84VYavKw9bLwwhewCBQQZVzI5X1m1pc04Qn1sTtdIZwTQ

y4mfMQSZERUIsysTgV4rv5BreiWkoINi-PNPW1NRREZ6vmTVU0R3I2JhMHLKhr3LzRsNwr9jt1zjvfZWpm5SyiXaG99ssK-WfGKlOcpTYsx-8_-avf0HCdM8R-5TBdhdqKkeBHgfJ8M_QTYsvPkIOGNPbQnKIpLWoidZ1P3rxtWr0tSsbU1eBPGjlxvw-P041JF7q4OWtEF4ECbjCoEaYBPFg

Very beautiful nature and good photo grabs.:)

Are these photos edited? Looks too good from an action cam.

Are these photos edited? Looks too good from an action cam.
1,2,3 & 6 have had some adjustment in a photo editor. Nothing on a pixel by pixel basis though, just global adjustments like contrast, the photos are genuine Gitup G3 photos, except 4,5,6,7,8 & 11 which are frame grabs from 1080 60fps video.

Some of them are intentionally taken in difficult high contrast / low contrast situations to see how it copes. On the photos there is a bit of odd colour in the corners due to using a prototype with the camera not correctly calibrated for the lens, the video frames do not show this because the 16:9 frame does not use the corners of the lens.

4 (cherries) and 5 (flowers) are video frames with the video on maximum zoom setting, gives a much narrower field of view and very little fisheye distortion.

6 (cloudy train) is a frame grab @ 7PM under cloudy sky with the train doing 60-70mph, that has had most adjustments to bring out the details in the darker areas.

1,2,3 & 6 have had some adjustment in a photo editor. Nothing on a pixel by pixel basis though, just global adjustments like contrast, the photos are genuine Gitup G3 photos, except 4,5,6,7,8 & 11 which are frame grabs from 1080 60fps video.

Some of them are intentionally taken in difficult high contrast / low contrast situations to see how it copes. On the photos there is a bit of odd colour in the corners due to using a prototype with the camera not correctly calibrated for the lens, the video frames do not show this because the 16:9 frame does not use the corners of the lens.

4 (cherries) and 5 (flowers) are video frames with the video on maximum zoom setting, gives a much narrower field of view and very little fisheye distortion.

6 (cloudy train) is a frame grab @ 7PM under cloudy sky with the train doing 60-70mph, that has had most adjustments to bring out the details in the darker areas.

I thought so. Wouldn't it make sense to show the unedited photos rather than edited version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought so. Wouldn't it make sense to show the unedited photos rather than edited version?
No, it makes sense to show what it can do! Some of the images above are original unedited images, the cherries, standing stone at sunset, the ferns, others would have wanted some editing even with a big professional DSLR, in fact especially with a big professional DSLR, although then you would be editing raw photos with professional editing software, these are all just jpg photos/frame grabs edited with free software, although it does have a raw mode.

A camera that produces an OK image but which doesn't contain enough detail to be successfully edited is not as good as one that produces images that can be edited into fantastic images. To be able to edit an image successfully you need an image with low noise, no colour banding and a lot of extra detail stored in shadow areas compared to a camera that is just OK.

"Looks too good from an action cam."
It does produce the best images I have got from any action camera, images that have lots of detail so that I can put them through a photo/video editor without disaster. It will be even better once properly calibrated to the lens!

If you look at the Git2 Photo Thread then most of the images have been edited, a lot of them from raw image files, people do use the cameras that way.

I would have to disagree with that. This shows what you can do and not the cam. Most dslr reviews wouldn't have edited the photos when doing review. If this is a photo album rather than review then that makes sense.

I would have to disagree with that. This shows what you can do and not the cam. Most dslr reviews wouldn't have edited the photos when doing review.

The top title is "Gitup G3 photo tread"
@Nigel uploaded some photo without any description and let it up to people to interpret the photo.
@gngan you ask if the photo was edit, very good questions and Nigel answer them with a detail description, what kind of editing he had done to the photo.
gngan you start to bring the word "review" up. Don't start to make it to something it not is.

If this is a photo album rather than review then that makes sense.
Read the top title again.

The top title is "Gitup G3 photo tread"
@Nigel uploaded some photo without any description and let it up to people to interpret the photo.
@gngan you ask if the photo was edit, very good questions and Nigel answer them with a detail description, what kind of editing he had done to the photo.
gngan you start to bring the word "review" up. Don't start to make it to something it not is.

Read the top title again.

Right. I felt that it's a review because it isn't released and everyone is eager for one (including me). I think this unit is a tester unit too? If a normal person coming in and see such stunning photos then he maybe mislead.

If a normal person coming in and see such stunning photos then he maybe mislead.
So it was good we got a clarification on that.:)

I would have to disagree with that. This shows what you can do and not the cam. Most dslr reviews wouldn't have edited the photos when doing review. If this is a photo album rather than review then that makes sense.
Most DSLR reviews will be interested mainly in raw images and they need to be edited to some extent before you can even see them, you have to choose how much in the way of shadow detail and highlight detail you include during conversion to visible form.

I just had a look at a review of Yi's mirrorless camera since that is probably targeted more at jpg use than a DSLR would, about half the images are "Edited to taste", the other half are "straight out of camera jpg", so a similar mix to what I put above: https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/yi-m1/5

As Viking suggests, I was intending this to be a similar thread to the Git2 Photo thread and based it on the interests I see in there with a range of subjects and lighting conditions since I know people are interested in how it copes with difficult conditions.

I'm not sure I should do a proper review since the camera I have is a prototype rather than a production model and there will be changes, but if anyone has questions then I am happy to answer them, if appropriate.

If a normal person coming in and see such stunning photos then he maybe mislead.
All the images in my first post are from a prototype Gitup G3, the images from the production cameras should be even better although of course that is not guaranteed, and as seen in the Git2 photo thread it may be necessary to use a photo editor to make the most of the camera. If anyone does get mislead then it probably has more to do with the experience/competence of the photographer rather than the camera, not everyone goes up a mountain in 36km/h winds because that is when lighting conditions are most interesting! The prototype G3 camera really is better than most action cameras, in fact having looked at that Yi review it may beat some bigger and more expensive cameras too!

@Nigel are you a amateur or professional photograph.

@Nigel are you a amateur or professional photograph.
Amateur - I don't even have a DSLR!

But I have been using digital cameras since the good ones were 640 x 480 resolution so do have some experience.

The view from my back door last night:

Gitup G3, 20 seconds @ ISO 200, white balance-Daylight, 0.5 seconds interval timer, cropped on computer.
y4mQ1J8Uja5BtQhjei2MNtiQFwhlriTyzrrJloAHO91nn65BinWweHNUSsa3-InNnFltymMa1r16mc2hklIhfXZYVQQTZYwGoIPjbkX0ZnrfvocWGZKI_DUi9P-3xsomYpvrnEK2LrLK8SQmi_rqafBhqbSHj15UgjQYoLrgWoYfsiZ5Ox_dPd5_m5FD4VCBkKRe6Jg3YUxAD9oy9mBuSmdcA

Last edited:
Well done! I am intrigued with these pre-production results!

Doom and gloom, sheep heading for their last shearing.

Why cant o take pictures like this with the SJ cameras, they always seem lackluster to me :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Git3 1
Z Git3 2
BCHobbyist Git3 23
I Git3 8
A Git3 13
Back