Gitup G3 Video Thread

I'm just getting into action cams now and am looking to get one. Is the G3 or F1 more suitable for motorcycle rides?

I was gonna order a git2 but it *seems* git3 will be out soon?

From all the comparison videos of non-GoPro cams, the git cameras seem to have the best gyro stabilization which is definitely useful for motorbikes.

Good question, the F1 is maybe a nicer shape for mounting on a bike, however it is not actually available yet and we haven't seen sample videos, plus it uses a very different processor to the Git2/G3 so we can't judge it based on the Git2/G3; so for now I would have to recommend the G3. The G3 is expected to be available sometime late September. The Git2 with it's gyro is great on motorcycles in sunshine, not so good on cloudy days, the G3 does better with less light and the gyro stabilisation is improved with 5 axis working well, it will be significantly better than the Git2.

Can these cameras record while charging at the same time?
Yes, I've used it in the car as a dashcam plugged into a USB power cable and also on my bicycle plugged into a USB powerbank for all day recording, complete with rear view on the slave camera, although note that if you want to use the gyro stabiliser then you can't use the slave camera.

Good question, the F1 is maybe a nicer shape for mounting on a bike, however it is not actually available yet and we haven't seen sample videos, plus it uses a very different processor to the Git2/G3 so we can't judge it based on the Git2/G3; so for now I would have to recommend the G3. The G3 is expected to be available sometime late September. The Git2 with it's gyro is great on motorcycles in sunshine, not so good on cloudy days, the G3 does better with less light and the gyro stabilisation is improved with 5 axis working well, it will be significantly better than the Git2.

Yes, I've used it in the car as a dashcam plugged into a USB power cable and also on my bicycle plugged into a USB powerbank for all day recording, complete with rear view on the slave camera, although note that if you want to use the gyro stabiliser then you can't use the slave camera.

awesome. thanks for the info! looking forward to the official arrival of the g3 camera. Riding season is almost over so hopefully its out soon.

And 3 videos in 3 different situations :cool::

Original videos available for download at the YouTube description.

enjoy,
Mtz

And 3 videos in 3 different situations :cool::
For the 2 channel video, if you are going to use the slave looking backwards as a mirror cam then the image should be mirrored, otherwise it is hard to follow and makes me feel motion sick! If it is used split screen then it shouldn't be mirrored, I prefer a split screen top|bottom view.

Maybe the firmware should include the Mirroring option? Maybe at the Rotation menu to add Slave Mirror Up and Slave Mirror Down?

enjoy,
Mtz

G3_02.jpg
Nice choice of bike for the add, @gitup. Not the 2004-2005 model, not the 2007-2008 model but the unique 2006 model. ;)

Nice choice of bike for the add, @gitup. Not the 2004-2005 model, not the 2007-2008 model but the unique 2006 model. ;)
Strangely, the mirrored view seems to be on the main camera!

Strangely, the mirrored view seems to be on the main camera!
I don't think the picture was taken with the G3. It's probably a copyrighted picture they got somewhere online and they had to reverse it to avoid complains. ;)

Last edited:
For the 2 channel video, if you are going to use the slave looking backwards as a mirror cam then the image should be mirrored, otherwise it is hard to follow and makes me feel motion sick!
Unlike you, mirrored images make my brain very confused. :p Watching cars with backward numbers and letters in the number plates and drivers in the wrong seat is what makes me feel motion sick. :confused:
I like the way the slave camera is set up much better, when I look at the rearview image it's like I'm looking behind me.

Agree it's a stock photo but likely reversed for asthetic reasons rather than legal ones
But we bike guys can immediately spot the difference. :whistle: Especially me because I have one of those and in the same color. ;)

Unlike you, mirrored images make my brain very confused. :p Watching cars with backward numbers and letters in the number plates and drivers in the wrong seat is what makes me feel motion sick. :confused:
I like the way the slave camera is set up much better, when I look at the rearview image it's like I'm looking behind me.
Maybe it is OK for bike video, since bikers don't often look in their mirrors?!

Definitely looks strange for car dashcam video, car drivers are used to seeing a mirrored view in their mirrors.

When car mirrors get replaced by LCD screens, I wonder how many people will continue using them in mirrored view?

Maybe it is OK for bike video, since bikers don't often look in their mirrors?!

Definitely looks strange for car dashcam video, car drivers are used to seeing a mirrored view in their mirrors.

When car mirrors get replaced by LCD screens, I wonder how many people will continue using them in mirrored view?
I was talking in general terms.

I'm used to watch videos with dual cameras in split screen and my brain always interprets the rear view picture as me looking through the rear window rather than me looking at the RVM. But that's me, not everyone's brain functions the same way. :)

Last edited:
I was talking in general terms.

I'm used to watch videos with dual cameras in split screen and my brain always interprets the rear view picture as me looking through the rear window rather than me looking at the RVM. But that's me, not everyone's brain functions the same way. :)
That is true,haha!

Does anyone have comparison shots between the Git1 and Git3? Especially nighttime footage, I know the G1 outperforms the G2 in nighttime by design (they've said as much when I emailed them to ask). F1 would be a good one to compare also. Heck, just do all four GitUp cameras in one go if anyone has 'em.

Does anyone have comparison shots between the Git1 and Git3? Especially nighttime footage, I know the G1 outperforms the G2 in nighttime by design (they've said as much when I emailed them to ask). F1 would be a good one to compare also. Heck, just do all four GitUp cameras in one go if anyone has 'em.
Soon will be comparison between G2 and G3.
For Git1, we plan to stop production for this model.

Soon will be comparison between G2 and G3.
For Git1, we plan to stop production for this model.
I have a couple Git1's for their nighttime performance, which is why I asked. How does the G1 compare to the G3 (and F1 for that matter) at night?

I have a couple Git1's for their nighttime performance, which is why I asked. How does the G1 compare to the G3 (and F1 for that matter) at night?
The slave sensor on the G3 is the updated version of the sensor used in the Git1 so the night time performance is very similar.

The main sensor is less sensitive, how well it compares depends on how much light is available, if it is actually dark then the Git1 is clearly better, in proper daylight the Git3 is better, for photos of the stars the Git2 seems to win! It is quite difficult to make a good comparison.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Git3 1
Z Git3 2
BCHobbyist Git3 23
I Git3 8
A Git3 13
Back