Gitup G3 Video Thread

You should have sampled the audio in the same place changing back and forth between the 2 camera microphone every 20 - 30 seconds or so, i just get used to the performance of the SJ6, but then change and the G3 is in a whole other location so cant really compare.
G3 look a bit more rich in the colors in this night footage, or maybe its the SJ6 that's a bit low.

Why change when you have stereo? One ear per cam.

EDIT: just watched it, or at least started to. The video maxes out at 1080p, so it's hard to gather useful data. @gitup can you post the source videos as separate YouTube links? Would greatly help get an idea of what both cams are capable of at night.

Last edited:
Why change when you have stereo? One ear per cam.

EDIT: just watched it, or at least started to. The video maxes out at 1080p, so it's hard to gather useful data. @gitup can you post the source videos as separate YouTube links? Would greatly help get an idea of what both cams are capable of at night.
I have offered original file in the description of that link, better to download the original file to check.

You should have sampled the audio in the same place changing back and forth between the 2 camera microphone every 20 - 30 seconds or so, i just get used to the performance of the SJ6, but then change and the G3 is in a whole other location so cant really compare.
G3 look a bit more rich in the colors in this night footage, or maybe its the SJ6 that's a bit low.
According to our analysis, normally Novatek style color is a bit low, that's why we tuned IQ to more close to the Ambarella style.

The more vivid colors also sell better, it is only professionals that would prefer a flat colorprofile så they can tweak in post production.
Us normal people just want to shoot some good looking footage right here and now, and most can barely bother with even the most simple editing.

I have offered original file in the description of that link, better to download the original file to check.
Here I am on mobile tapping it to go full screen and wondering how the oversight was made. Here it was MY oversight :facepalm: I knew there had to be more to it lol.

BTW, I've seen some comparisons where they grab four and simply make the footage a 4K video. Might not be useful to most, but if you're already doing a side-by-side, it saves you from needing to downscale footage.

Reviewed the footage. Really only thing the G3 fared worse at was the glare on the sign at 0:19. It more than made up for that with its ability to consistently capture fine details, have zero focusing issues, and visibly show the sign at 1:30 was red, not just lit up (important for accidents involving either brake lights or red lights that were called into question).

Now here would be a REAL test: bike ride at night. Torture test the things' processors, put some faster motion behind it and see how it fares. No need to go on a highway, but with urban environments lit up like that, there's plenty of opportunities to real-world demonstrate the GitUp line's strong points.

For dashcam testing.

Perfect Dark. Chicago level. That's the kind of music that plays to tell you "you haven't been spotted yet, but be ready to mow down the enemies with your PP7" music.

Swear to God it tripped me up when the pedestrians had to rush to the other side and I didn't hear the music change to a track indicating "you've been spotted, run!!!" :D

Hey, about the image stabilization, one beta tester seems to think it does work for the front camera, even with slave camera attached.
I don't know who's right. Maybe he selected the settings for stabilization, but didn't realize that it cancels out with the slave camera.

No!

enjoy,
Mtz

G3 sunrise timelapse video. Recorded in 1440p30 at 1fps

Gitup G3 Duo in action on "Algar de Benagil" one Amazing SPOT in Lagos, Algarve, Portugal.
Stay tunned for more vids to come ;)

Thats a nice little "private" beach down there in the hole :cool:

G3 Duo vs Sony Action Cam AS-20
Wich one do you prefer?

1. Algar de Benagil, Lagoa,Algarve. BEST OF ALGARVE! Filmed GitUp G3 Duo!

2. ALGAR de BENAGIL - Amazing Spot in Lagoa, Algarve,Portugal - Sony Action Cam AS-20

3. G3 Duo GYRO vs Sony Action Cam AS-20 Zoom1.4 - DIVIDED Screen Compare and SoundTest

4. G3 Duo vs Sony Action Cam AS-20 with ZOOM - ALTERNATED Screen and Audio

5. G3 Duo vs Sony Action Cam AS-20 without ZOOM - ALTERNATED Screen and Audio

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Git3 1
Z Git3 2
BCHobbyist Git3 23
I Git3 8
A Git3 13
Back